• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The end of opioids

Euphoria in palliative care, I would think is a must. I mean, so fuck if somebody gets addicted, if they only have 3 months to live.
In my opinion, palliative care should be an effective opioid, a psychostimulant like meth and access to cannabis, when required. In fact, for someone with 3-6 months to live, short of dangerous interaction, they should get what the fuck they want. Fuck this Victorian attitude of grin & bear it.
And of course, access to something like pentobarb, for euthanasia, when the person is of sound mind and doesn't want to go on, because of a medical condition with no present treatment (things like motor neuron disease)

Hence the famous 'Brompton Cocktail'. In fact, their were variations but a pharmacist I knew vouchsafed that the heroin, cocaine & cannabis oil version was the most efficacious.

And of course, access to something like pentobarb, for euthanasia, when the person is of sound mind and doesn't want to go on, because of a medical condition with no present treatment (things like motor neuron disease)

unbelievable but the whole act of euthanasia got made more illegal for doctors in germany around 2016 through the health minister of germanys cdu party (the right volksparty). so no possebility for an easy end of life option for those in need as in switzerland.

Hence the famous 'Brompton Cocktail'. In fact, their were variations but a pharmacist I knew vouchsafed that the heroin, cocaine & cannabis oil version was the most efficacious.
It still exists on the NHS, but it consists of morphine and dexamphetamine (cannabis needs to be added by patient!). I can confirm that a home made cocktail (oramorph & dexedrine tablets) is very nice - much longer lasting, as well.

My pharmacist friend said cannabis oil became impossible for him to obtain. I admit this was some time ago, but he used to deliver to a hospice and said 'heroin to stop pain and fear, cocaine to offset sleepiness of diamorphine.... and cannabis oil to make the faeries dance'. Paddy was a truly remarkable man. He was the last pharmacist in his town to compound it and their was so much paperwork, it was not profitable. He just saw it work and felt it should be used.

My pharmacist friend said cannabis oil became impossible for him to obtain. I admit this was some time ago, but he used to deliver to a hospice and said 'heroin to stop pain and fear, cocaine to offset sleepiness of diamorphine.... and cannabis oil to make the faeries dance'. Paddy was a truly remarkable man. He was the last pharmacist in his town to compound it and their was so much paperwork, it was not profitable. He just saw it work and felt it should be used.
Drugs that are dopamine reuptake inhibitors/releasers, actually increase the analgesic effects of opioids, as well as prevent opioid cns depression. On it's own, amphetamine is reckoned to have the same analgesic activity of morphine (hence investigation of 2-AI as an atypical analgesic).
Nefopam is a triple reuptake inhibitor that is quite effective, but produces unpleasant gastric distress (well it did with me, when taken on an empty stomach - price of not reading the patient information leaflet!)

Nefopam produced intense anxiety for me. My GP hadn't even heard of it but I asked to try it as an alternative to opioids. In the end, last year the doctor finally looked at my X-rays, talked to the pain clinic and prescribed me 40mg OxyContin BID. It doesn't stop the pain but it takes away the sharp edges. You know that sudden sharp pain that causes a sharp intake of breathe.

I wouldn't really want more as oxycodone produces anxiety which the clobazam I am given for myoclonus doesn't offset too much.
May I refer you to:

US Patent 4291059 'Cycloaliphatic Compounds, Analgesic Compositions Thereof And Method of Use Thereof as Analgesics' and particularly Preparation 1 and Example 1.

This is the reversed ester of nortilidine. It's well worth overlaying the compound in the patent with cypenamine. It would appear that the (1R,2S) enantiomer of the compounds in the patent are mu agonists about the same potency as morphine, but the (2R,1S) is a DRI.

Land der Traume reports speak of it as the most euphoric opioid the users had ever taken. I believe the (1R, 2S) enantiomer of nortilidine also has NMDA antagonist activity but I don't think anyone has studied the reversed ester to see if such activity it retained.

I've read of students taking tilidine and nortilidine before taking important exams because of it's stimulating properties. I guess they are implying nootropic effects, but I remain to be convinced.

Nefopam produced intense anxiety for me. My GP hadn't even heard of it but I asked to try it as an alternative to opioids. In the end, last year the doctor finally looked at my X-rays, talked to the pain clinic and prescribed me 40mg OxyContin BID. It doesn't stop the pain but it takes away the sharp edges. You know that sudden sharp pain that causes a sharp intake of breathe.

I wouldn't really want more as oxycodone produces anxiety which the clobazam I am given for myoclonus doesn't offset too much.
May I refer you to:

US Patent 4291059 'Cycloaliphatic Compounds, Analgesic Compositions Thereof And Method of Use Thereof as Analgesics' and particularly Preparation 1 and Example 1.

This is the reversed ester of nortilidine. It's well worth overlaying the compound in the patent with cypenamine. It would appear that the (1R,2S) enantiomer of the compounds in the patent are mu agonists about the same potency as morphine, but the (2R,1S) is a DRI.

Land der Traume reports speak of it as the most euphoric opioid the users had ever taken. I believe the (1R, 2S) enantiomer of nortilidine also has NMDA antagonist activity but I don't think anyone has studied the reversed ester to see if such activity it retained.

I've read of students taking tilidine and nortilidine before taking important exams because of it's stimulating properties. I guess they are implying nootropic effects, but I remain to be convinced.
Yeah, any nootropic activity from DRI activity would be more than offset by mu opioid and NMDA antagonist activity, both of which do nothing but cause chaos when it comes to memory retrieval (3-OH PCP is fuckwit powder, with just a touch too much, if using it as an analgesic)

Well - I would be fascinated for someone to find a reasonable route to isonortilidine. I thought tilidine was enough of a pain, but the patent stuff is even more rough and ready.

I do keep reading of new routes. After all, news methods turn up all the time but for now this is just another example of an opioid with a benzylamine moiety (and there are a few).