Study The emotional effect of testosterone

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Might be wasted on you meatheads but after recently starting DIY testosterone therapy, regardless of the physical effects has anyone noticed how it makes life sunnier and takes away that gnawing, aching sadness in the pit of your soul? Someone called test "the spirit of masculinity" - makes you feel like you can cope with anything. Anyone else noticed this? Or are you too busy grunting at the gym?

Not sure why you’re generalizing the fact many of us work out as a reason for being unemotional or not connected to our spirits. That’s a pretty ignorant statement.

Yes testosterone has definitely added some zest to my life. I feel less depressed and more confident. Over the years the effects have become less pronounced due to my body becoming accustomed, but yes I have noticed this

This.... Comes off a bit condescending. I'd argue most of us active here in this subforum are far from "meat heads" and I'd classify us for the most part as intellectuals with muscle. But yes, testosterone has been a tremendous benefit to my overall well being. Before I started, I'd have cycling of emotions on a fairly regular basis (was almost diagnosed with bipolar disorder) but it just didn't seem right to me as I know people with genuine bipolar disorder and though our symptoms were similar, our descriptions of the way we felt during those episodes were different. The highs were different and the lows were different.
Certain anabolic steroids act as neurosteroids (proviron) which has shown benefits in alleviating depression among other psychological factors.
I'd appreciate if further posts were a bit more respectful in tone towards the members here as we are indeed people, especially if you're wanting to get helpful feedback. If your intentions were to be cheeky, then make it obvious by denoting that.

Well it's either ignorant, condescending and disrespectful or it's something called "having a sense of humour". You have to work out which it is yourself.

If I really thought you were meatheads I probably wouldn't have asked you in the first place would I?

Well it's either ignorant, condescending and disrespectful or it's something called "having a sense of humour". You have to work out which it is yourself.

If I really thought you were meatheads I probably wouldn't have asked you in the first place would I?
It was mostly the combination of your first and last sentences that gave your post a condescending tone to me. We accept humor here, it just didn't resonate with me from your post. So feel free to come out the gate with "hey fuck faces" or something of the sort, it's all good here lol.

Been following this kind of close. Look at current research on bi polar and test levels. Also opioid addiction therapy, this one may not be quite up to date yet, but its likely there regardless. Very promising avenues. But what about females? They may enjoy the same promise from this type of therapy if possible. So how can this happen?

Last edited:
Been following this kind of close. Look at current research on bi polar and test levels. Also opioid addiction therapy, this one may not be quite up to date yet, but its likely there regardless. Very promising avenues. But what about females? They may enjoy the same promise from this type of therapy if possible. So how can this happen?
I follow a female on IG who's on trt as her low test was affecting her both physically and psychologically. It's extremely low dose, talking single digit milligrams. It's rare but it happens, I believe they're only offered testosterone propionate due to its lower dosing and short half life in case virilization occurs

Might be wasted on you meatheads but after recently starting DIY testosterone therapy, regardless of the physical effects has anyone noticed how it makes life sunnier and takes away that gnawing, aching sadness in the pit of your soul? Someone called test "the spirit of masculinity" - makes you feel like you can cope with anything. Anyone else noticed this? Or are you too busy grunting at the gym?

One of the pathways testosterone supplementation leaves the user in an overall happier disposition, is via the metabolization to estrogen..
As estrogen modulates tryptophan hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme responsible for serotonin..

One of the pathways testosterone supplementation leaves the user in an overall happier disposition, is via the metabolization to estrogen..
As estrogen modulates tryptophan hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme responsible for serotonin..
Interesting. I feel Test Enanthate 120-ish mg taken every 4-7 days hits me different than most. Out of 5-6 days, I feel nothing the first day, have a weepy (literally) day, then the libido action hits 4th or 5th day ... then libido and erectile ability drop to zero in the 10-20 hours following the horny day, and fatigue sets in (even if I don't get off, it feels like I have- to an extreme). Cycle starts again. I should pin smaller amounts more often and/or use small dose AAS, but it's working now just well enough to be acceptable. Also should have my E's checked. I did use what was supposed to be Caber and got a euphoric effect not that different from a speedy molly.

Interesting. I feel Test Enanthate 120-ish mg taken every 4-7 days hits me different than most. Out of 5-6 days, I feel nothing the first day, have a weepy (literally) day, then the libido action hits 4th or 5th day ... then libido and erectile ability drop to zero in the 10-20 hours following the horny day, and fatigue sets in (even if I don't get off, it feels like I have- to an extreme). Cycle starts again. I should pin smaller amounts more often and/or use small dose AAS, but it's working now just well enough to be acceptable. Also should have my E's checked. I did use what was supposed to be Caber and got a euphoric effect not that different from a speedy molly.
It sounds like estrogen side effects. If you've been on longer term, estrogen takes longer to clear from the body than testosterone. My hypothesis is:
Lingering estrogen from last injection combined with new estrogen from newest injection gives the weepy day, and then the testosterone levels peak on day 3 and 4 which is to be expected with enanthate giving you the libido days, and then test starts to drop again leaving estrogen higher which affects libido negatively. That's just my hypothesis without bloodwork

but typical highest test levels are achieved around 2,5 days after injection. So it may be that osft is just bottoming out while waiting for the new dose to kick.

The "gold standard" that a few trt places do is daily injections of test - apparantly this keeps a better steady state and avoids peaks that stimulate eastrogen side effects.

Sorry Sero- I didn't arrived back here to ponder your - and never sick's - replies. Interesting.
As I posted in another thread, about a month before that October post, I started what I call microdoses of SERMS Aromisin and Arimidex.
That sort of broke up the routine I described.
Hard to say with all going on in the world, but I seem to have worse sleep and slight anxiety, but a more level head.