The eighties thrash metal thread

Slayer
Dead skin mask

Technically this is 1990, but close enough, right?

Last edited:
I always had Megadeth at the top of the Big Four, I just love Dave Mustaine's songwriting and riffs and his lyrics, and Metallica/Slayer a close second. I never got into Anthrax but I will eventually I'm sure, but Dave Mustaine is responsible for me being a professional guitar player, he inspired me so much and now I am making money by making music, its come full circle.

For me the greatest thrash metal records are
Rust In Peace
And Justice For All
Reign In Blood

Those albums helped to create lot of musicians and bands who were inspired by them.

I always had Megadeth at the top of the Big Four, I just love Dave Mustaine's songwriting and riffs and his lyrics, and Metallica/Slayer a close second. I never got into Anthrax but I will eventually I'm sure, but Dave Mustaine is responsible for me being a professional guitar player, he inspired me so much and now I am making money by making music, its come full circle.

For me the greatest thrash metal records are
Rust In Peace
And Justice For All
Reign In Blood

Those albums helped to create lot of musicians and bands who were inspired by them.
post up some of your favorite tracks as YouTube links!!

Anthrax
Caught in a mosh

@tubgirl.jpg how about some more suggestions? You're spot on. Hopefully more people will join in the fun.

I'm not certain which of their songs is considered thrash but I think this applies.

Judas priest
Freewheel burning

Another one from 1990 but one of the fastest, hardest metal songs ever IMHO.

Judas priest
Painkiller

Last edited: