• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The efficiency dividend: reclaiming wasted vapour

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
OK, so this is pretty silly but got me thinking... one of the things I love about using a vaporiser is reclaiming the oil-residue that collects on various components. Honestly, as someone who once upon a time used to actually enjoy reclaiming "resin" from pipes/bongs, I get off on being able to get the absolute maximum efficiency from my weed, the thrill of scraping nice oil from my vaporiser actually drives me to get more weed more often so as to accumulate material to reclaim. Call it a mental-illness if you will, but... I always breathe out what seems to be a *lot* of vapour after taking a hit, unless I really, really hold it in (which can be fun but not always practical) so when I read this it got me thinking:

The Leiden University study found that as much as 30%–40% of inhaled THC was not absorbed by the lungs but simply exhaled. However, they did not find large individual differences in the amounts exhaled.[24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(cannabis)#Efficiency

How could you reclaim this wastage? Could you blow it back into a bag, let it condense then squeeze out the air, over time collecting the wasted material that could eventually be reclaimed?

What other ways could you capitalise on this efficiency loss? Any bright ideas?

Last edited:
Lol I tried this with my girlfriend actually. It works, I only inhaled the air she exhaled and still got high (although not as high as she did).

Lol I tried this with my girlfriend actually. It works, I only inhaled the air she exhaled and still got high (although not as high as she did).

That's one way but, I'm pretty "me" oriented and want to reclaim it for myself =D

This is honestly the best method of doing anything like that, me and my girl used to conserve in such a fashion.