• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The effects of drugs on accessing the 'spirit-world'

nothingness?
Connecting to god would be the equivalent to reaching nibbana. at least that was our conclusion in another thread you and me. but to connect to god or reach nibbana, imo theres not many different path at all. I can absolutely relate to other belief system, but I can clearly see in all of them their evident flaws.
buddhism is not a belief system as it doesnt ask faith, but practice. it only suggest a theory of reality which needs practice to see the truth in it. without the practice, buddhism isnt very useful. but buddhism is experiential and YOU need to find and see for yourself what the buddha saw and realized.

do you mean emptiness (annatta) when you say nothingness. because emptiness in buddhism is emptiness of self. the reality of a self is constructed and is empty of any reality.

Ive studied one year in religion in college and clearly not all religion says the same thing. the basic theme like love and respect, generosity is quite present in every religion mostly, but still the practice of buddhism is totally different and I dont think christian mystic were enlightened at all. I dont mean to say there were not spiritual, but purity of mind can only happen in very specific ways and the path to purity is not very large to interpretation.

ime, the more I practice and know the buddhism truth and method, the more all other religions sounds like a fantasy rather then the reality. Only buddhism seem to attack real problems and portray a true vision of reality which I can relate and know that I need to develop.

Last edited:
nothingness?

Well, that was partly a joke, but that is the kind of vocabulary you use ("emptiness", etc.) I know that that nothingness means an abscence of personal thoughts, actions, and feelings so that your consciousness has room to receive and be enlightened by a higher spirit (your higher self/God, etc.)

I also agree the internal processes are pretty much the same, but we can use different words and concepts for it. But I believe there can be more than one way to reach the same end. Just as there are different types of human temperaments and different cultures throughout the world.

For instance, I can imagine someone who devotes his life to active charity work and spends his life travelling the word helping people can attain as much as someone who spends his life in a monastry in prayer and meditation. Also, when you're secluded from the external world there are no temptations to overcome, no external influences to corrupt you, so there are less challenges and you're not tested in the same way. And maybe this is not in the life-path for all.

but still the practice of buddhism is totally different and I dont think christian mystic were enlightened at all.

I don't know how you can say that at all. I've posted many examples of Christian mystics I consider very enlightened. Peter Deunov was a trained Orthodox minister, for instance, still his teachings weren't much like what people consider Christianity to be. More like a mixture of all beliefs and something that sounds like it flows from a pure spiritual source.

But that's more my idea of what someone enlightened sounds like (I don't just think "Oh, he was an orthodox priest so he can have nothing of value to teach"). And when you possess spiritual discernment you can pick up on what is of value all over the place.

Last edited:
For instance, I can imagine someone who devotes his life to active charity work and spends his life travelling the word helping people can attain as much as someone who spends his life in a monastry in prayer and meditation. Also, when you're secluded from the external world there are no temptations to overcome, no external influences to corrupt you, so there are less challenges and you're not tested in the same way. And mnaybe this is not in the life-path for all.

look at the factors of enlightenment

I'm finding some sort of equilibrium at least :)

Enlightenment is broader than Buddhism enlightenment.
of course, the buddha said himself he doesnt teach everything he know as it would be useless and confusing, he teaches only how to reach that knowledge and the path that needs to be followed in order to reach that state. he only tell people how to attain it, not all the realization that comes from being enlightened.

but the factors of enlightenment are factors and you cannot be enlightened and not have, at all time, the factors.

I feel that drugs impact my ability to experience pleasurable spiritual experiences by lessening the frequency at which they occur, negative or low vibration experiences however seem to be frequent. Several time I have seen clouds of black mist when I have not been using and am not sleep deprived, they are usually fleeting from vision, with the exception of one that darted towards me and I flinched so hard I almost fell over. I was not sleep deprived, I had not used for at least 12 hours, but that shit was still there. I can still see the first layers of auras, though not as clearly or easily for that matter. I have a friend who can see auras in greater detail. He says that when I use my aura is a cloudy brownish gray color, as opposed to my normal navy blue aura when I am sober. I went to a spiritual medium and she cautioned me to pay close attention to my kidneys, that the area had black splotches. Its been about 8 months since our last visit and guess who has a terrible UTI? Yep, this guy right here...

Enlightenment is broader than Buddhism enlightenment.
of course, the buddha said himself he doesnt teach everything he know as it would be useless and confusing, he teaches only how to reach that knowledge and the path that needs to be followed in order to reach that state. he only tell people how to attain it, not all the realization that comes from being enlightened.

but the factors of enlightenment are factors and you cannot be enlightened and not have, at all time, the factors.

I don't think you understood what I meant.
There is Buddhist enlightenment and then, more broadly, there is enlightenment.

When you say you don't think any Christian people are enlightened, what you mean - I think - is that they haven't attained Buddhist enlightenment. It is quite possible to be enlightened, spiritually, without following the Buddhist path or adhering to the factors.

Whether it's all just neurons firing or theres an extraspiritual phenomenon happening, does it really matter? Your perception is the same. It's all just an experience that's happening. The illusion of life itself is already whole, dividing it into real over there and fake here makes no sense.

All that matters is the meaning you take from your experience, and for others you owe no explanation for your epistemology.

People investigate the origin of spirituality because they feel that once they know where it comes from they can have power over it, and be its master. Thus we hear 10,000 mundane explanations of "what's really happening here", and a bunch of people talking last one another. But like Russian dolls, the deeper you go the more you find nothing. Its like trying to bail water out of the ocean, because mind is never satisfied.

Why can't you just practice contentment with the experience? Is the mystery so hard to tolerate?

If you want to know the answer then stop asking.