• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Effects Of Cutting Acid Tabs.

If you haven't the faintest clue if it's strong tabs or weak there is no good response to your
question. It depends on where you stand on the following scale:

bigger risk of too strong trip . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . smaller risk of too strong trip

(+)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(+)

bigger risk of awesome/satisfying trip . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . smaller risk of awesome/satisfying trip

As you can see there is an upside and a downside to both ends of the scale. But can we
assume you'd want to arrive in the middle of this scale? To specify your question?

My opinion is if you are REALLY in a safe environment and you feel unburdened mentally
about 2/3 of a tab would be optimal to take a balanced venture. That is what I think,
personally if I consider this attentively.

If you have strong tabs they are 200 micrograms and 2/3 would mean 133 which is not
ridiculously high for the first time but you will trip more than adequately. Still fasten your
seatbelt, not have a huge risk of wrecking yourself.
If you have weak tabs they can be as little as 0 micrograms of course but if they are for
instance 66 mic you would be ingesting 44 which is quite mild but should still make for a
day that is a bit on the interesting side - good for a first experiment but you'd have to look
to see the effect. Perhaps if after at least 90 minutes you don't think it's worth anything take
another 1/3 to 2/3 tab, but be patient!! If it's your first time it's common that it takes longer
than normal to present itself well, because you are not used to it.

Be careful, but enjoy yourselves very very much guys!

The duration with LSD will remain the same, but it will be less intense, most likely almost less intense in an annoying way.... You get the anxious feelings of comming up for hours and never really start tripping...

i hate low dose LSD... Its far less frustrating when you just eat enough to trip at least lightly, and a tab will probably do it... low dose LSD, like half a hit is asking to be mentally "blue balled"...

1 hit really should not be all that difficult to handle, more than the dose worry about your set and setting being good.... Go into the experience with a good unworried mindset, in a setting you are comfortable with with someone you trust... After that, just go with it.... No amount of reading will really prepare you for it, you just kind of have to do it... LSD was nothing like i imagined, but more than i could have ever dreamed of...

I agree and disagree - you're right that low-dosing can be really annoying if you're used to it and if you like higher doses, but I would urge caution as other posters have. At the end of the day, LSD can be a bad experience, and it all depends on your mindset. If someone asks, should I do half a tab or an entire one, that seems to me like he wouldn't be as comfortable with the whole tab as he would be with just one. For the first time, take a half, then if you like it or at least feel comfortable with the dose, go higher, I would say. There can be less harm in doing a bit too little than in having a bad experience the first time you take it.

First of all as quite a few people have already pointed out, make sure the setting is good. There is nothing worse than having a bad experience while on acid, especially for your first time taking the stuff!

I too was nervous about taking too much but I put my trust in my best mate and it turned out to be amazing. My first experience with acid, or any drug for that matter has always been my most memorable experience, and for that reason I'm glad I decided to take both tabs when it was suggested to me rather than just one, any less and it wouldn't have been half as memorable.

IF the setting is all good I'd say go for it and take the tab without cutting it, BUT thats just me. We could be 2 completely different people and I wouldn't trust what some guy over the internet told me, so I don't expect you to trust my opinion.

It is always good to take a lower dose of a chemical the first time you try it. I would say one tab or a half a tab is fine for this. Personally I am very sensitive to LSD and can feel even 1/4 of a hit even if it is just a slight stimulation.

I still do this anytime a get a new batch as well just to insure I wasn't sold some DOx or some other RC.

I never drop more than 1 hit of a new batch for the first time. Especially since I got RC'd once (probably DOx or 5-mea-amt). I only ate ONE hit of this stuff and the havoc it wreaked on my body was just absolutely miserable. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had eaten 2+ hits of it. It is always good to be careful to avoid such situations.

There are strong batches out there even today. I recently had some blotter that during the peak I lost where I was for a couple minutes on a half tab. A half was about as strong as 2 of my previous ones, which were 5 times as strong as my ones before that. It's so pointless to ask how much to take when potency varies so much between blotters.

I agree to start small though. You can always dose higher later!

It's probably too late for my advice, and I hope you had an enjoyable trip if you already tried your tabs...

If you have any concern or doubt: start with a low dose - whatever feels safe to you. You have 8 hours to decide if you want more. The last thing you want is to start your trip with a "I took way too much" thought in your head. This will always complicate things, especially for the first timer.

^ That's not true, redosing 8 hours after the initial dose isn't going to increase the intensity of the trip, it's only going to prolong it. I'd say you have to redose no more than 1-2 hours after the initial dose to get any added effects out of it.

Seconded, 1-2 hours is usually your window.

But as I've said earlier: if it's your first go it can take longer to manifest since it takes some getting used to for some but not others.
So you're kind of stuck there right between not too early and not too late which is why 2 hours would be most advisable.

^ Yeah, but you still need considerably more of the substance than you would otherwise to reach the same level of effects because of acute tolerance. Personally, I wouldn't waste my precious LSD that way.

you must mean microdots. if you are buying "acid" in tablets i seriously doubt you are buying actual LSD.

LSD most commonly comes in blotter form or in microdots, not tablets and especially not capsules.

but you could be getting a number of different things LSA, DXM, etc.
you are most likely paying for someone's homemade LSA extracted from morning-glory seeds or some stupid bullshit like that. i'm sorry.

I have once bought LSD in a capsule. Of course I can't be 100% sure it was LSD, but the duration, speed of come-up and general feel all matched.

I think the OP is talking about regular blotters. This is what is usually being referred to when people mention LSD tabs these days.

I've done acid 3 times. The first time I did 3 tabs by myself and had an amazing experience. The second time I did two and I tripped harder than the first time and had a bad trip (never ever again) ?? My third trip I did one tab and it was just as strong, if not a little stronger than the two tabs I took.
What I'm getting at is you can never know how much is on that blotter if you don't see it put on there yourself. Get it from someone that actually knows that they have, or at least have tried what they're selling so they can tell you the gauge of strength that L has. Just do what you're comfortable with.

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance, especially for the novice, is to avoid taking too much. Of key importance to this is understanding that some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. For example, everyone you're with is taking 2-3 tabs, and they're all having a great time, but you can only handle 1/4 tab. THIS IS PERFECTLY NORMAL. There are certain rules you need to follow to ensure your own safety. Only you can protect yourself from having a bad trip, and this is how you do it.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Only you can establish your tolerance to these substances. You do this by trial and error. Start with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. You need to follow this procedure with each new batch and/or substance. Mind that 1/2 tab of one substance can be MUCH stronger than 1/2 tab of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 tab of one, you can easily find yourself over your head with 1/2 tab of something else. And we're not even talking different drug here - maybe it's a new batch from the same source that is much stronger than the first. Always approach your tolerance gradually by testing each new batch and/or substance yourself.

People will disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke when your tripping. That certainly CAN cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. And for what it's worth, tripping in public is probably contrary to what you're likely to accomplish otherwise. Finally, I don't believe in mixing substances, so I never do. Just old fashioned, I guess. ;)

Last edited: