View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Effects Of Cutting Acid Tabs.

A World So Cold

Greenlighter
Me and my friend are trying acid for the first time, we have 2 taps. (one each). since neather of us have EVER done it before, we think its a good idea to cut it in half, and have half a tab each. What will the effects of this be?, will it make the trip shorter, or will it not be as intense?, or will there be any other changes?.

We where also told that the trip lasts about 12 hours. Will cutting the tab in half turn it to like, 6 hours or something?.

Thanks people.

I don't believe cutting it in half will cut back on the duration.

I kind of doubt half a tab is going to do much, other than make you feel a little stimulated. Ime low dose psychedelics are annoyingly stimulating. I'd just take 1 tab personally......because most tabs these days are fairly weak, and 2 is generally needed for a good trip.

And i've never personally done lsd, but I don't think the trip necessarily lasts 12 hours.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_effects.shtml

And shouldnt this be in PD?

My opinion will probably be in the minority and unpopular with most BLrs. It's for that reason that I'll speak up.

LSD is a very powerful drug. It can completely change the way you think about yourself and the universe. Many people have wonderful and profound experiences. There are also people who take it and have a terrifying experience.

You should make sure your set and setting are well planned out. And for your very first time, taking half a dose is prudent so you can gauge your reaction to a full dose. Not that there's any guarantees, but I'm a firm believer in starting slow with any new drug.

^I completely agree with you, If you feel that you are going to be safer and happier on half the dose - take half the dose. If your feeling ok/happy you can easily take the other half.

No disrespect to Prea - if you havent tried LSD then you really shouldnt be telling people that half isnt going to have much effect. The strenghts of tabs can vary!

^I agree with you BL on both points, LSD can show you amazing things even at low doses and there is no way to tell how many mcgs are on the hit. Prea come on man, if you've never eaten a drug why are you giving him advice? The whole point ofthe question is to have experianced users respond.

my first time taking lsd i assumed they were like pills and took 4 and a half in an hour because i thought the first 1 wasnt working, gotta be the best mistake ive ever made rofl :D just go for it ;)

I find LSD to be kinda nice at low dosages so I would say go for it. You aren't gonna get any visuals except maybe a slight brightening of colors. Half a tab will give you a slight idea of what the physical effects feel like but you want have much of a mental shift.

Last edited:
The duration with LSD will remain the same, but it will be less intense, most likely almost less intense in an annoying way.... You get the anxious feelings of comming up for hours and never really start tripping...

i hate low dose LSD... Its far less frustrating when you just eat enough to trip at least lightly, and a tab will probably do it... low dose LSD, like half a hit is asking to be mentally "blue balled"...

1 hit really should not be all that difficult to handle, more than the dose worry about your set and setting being good.... Go into the experience with a good unworried mindset, in a setting you are comfortable with with someone you trust... After that, just go with it.... No amount of reading will really prepare you for it, you just kind of have to do it... LSD was nothing like i imagined, but more than i could have ever dreamed of...

Well, I've gots lots of experience, and the advice above is good. But this surely is the way to go:

my first time taking lsd i assumed they were like pills and took 4 and a half in an hour because i thought the first 1 wasnt working, gotta be the best mistake ive ever made ........

=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

When I saw the title I was thinking that the Op actually was thinking that cutting the blotter into different shapes would affect the trip=D

Unless you have an awesome source for L. More than likely a half a tab will not do much. Mabey take you to threshold depending on mcs. Though everyone's mind is wired different a half a tab would feel like a waste of time to me.

Even my first time, i took one blotter hit. And it was not the best. I am sure you will enjoy the experience.

"Annoyingly stimulating" is not a bad way to put it. Low dose acid can be quite enjoyable, but even at 2 tabs I typically find myself wanting more. By taking half a tab, you risk perhaps wasting a half a tab of acid that you might barely feel if at all. But, as has been mentioned, you may be able to gauge your reaction to the drug as a whole, in the interest of caution.

Personally, judging from the acid I'm usually around, half a hit might make me feel a slight tingle, and that's it. Even at 2 hits I'm usually hankering for more. But of course, blotter dosage varies widely.

Really, it's your call if you'd like to err on the side of caution or otherwise. I typically recommend two hits, being a believer in the therapeutic nature of getting your ass kicked by a psychedelic. And even if you don't get your ass kicked, hey, you're probably having a pretty happy/euphoric trip! And who doesn't want that!?

But seriously, it's all you, it's your set your decision. I wish you luck in any case!:D

First time I tried LSD, I took a half of a quarter of a tab. Yes you read that correctly, .125 of a tab.

Why?

It's only the sane thing to do when experimenting with any new substance. You don't just start at the dosage recommended by a website or other individuals or what's the "norm." Sure you can get an idea, but the reality is you don't know how your body will react to something foreign.

How would you take a new substance if you didn't have the internet, Bluelight.ru, Erowid.org, or PiHKAL and TiHKAL? You would tread cautiously into unknown territory, I mean how do you think Shamans found out dosages? It's always best to trust your instincts, so OP, I say do what you feel is best.

^^ I'd do it the same way now, when they put the suspiscious bag of whatever on the table and I purchase, i'll ask how much do you usually take for a mild buzz, then do about half and work my way up.

Screw eating half of a quarter tab, thats just lame dude.

Screw eating half of a quarter tab, thats just lame dude.

cool3st.png

My first LSD experience, I heard from everyone who got these tabs that they take at least two tabs for good effects. So, since I was experimenting and a beginner, I took just one full tab.

This was a very light experience. A mildly stoned feeling, somewhat stimulating where as you really had to strain yourself to see any type of visuals.

And I can appreciate the people that enjoy these types of doses as well. However, at this point I don't think if I was looking to do some acid, I would do less than two tabs, because the experience any lower then that simply isn't what I would call an LSD experience.

For the first time, my one tab dose was perfect. I was able to somewhat gauge effects, where as they weren't too strong at all and I could hold reasonably well in conversations.
Unless your source has abnormally stronger tabs than most, I think half a tab would be very little of an experience. If you are more comfortable taking half, by all means, do so. Just don't expect much effects, especially since your mind isn't trained to notice what differences are occuring.

But I think you would be safe with one tab each. It isn't too high, and I could even hold a couple of short conversations with sober individuals who didn't know I took anything. Many tabs are different but I haven't found a blotter yet where one tab would've been too strong, even for a beginner.

But each individual is different. In the end, it's what you're comfortable with, because that's the most important aspect of trying any drug.

Last edited:
just take the whole tab at once. my first time taking acid I had 2 hits of it and it was the best 12 hours i have ever felt. if you decide to cut each hit make sure you use tweezers or something to hold the paper(dont use your hand) and scissors. I think 1 hit of it will be perfect. Make sure your mind is in a good state and you are tripping in a place you feel safe in.