• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Nicotine Vaping & E-Cigs Thread

I did watch a little bit of a show called 'Benefits and bypasses' on channel 5 couple of days back, there was a 30 a day smoker that had one of his legs amputated and still refuses to stop. Pure habit and the belief that his ciggies helped him get through his operation. Addiction for ya 8(

Belief is such a powerful construct.

Electronic cigarette tip

They arent as good as normal cigs, with as one reason the lack of the maob inhibitors in tobacco smoke, ive done some reason and alot of people say that adding a bit of a rhodiola tincture makes the effect alot better, ill post more tips here after i do more research

Take in mind guys that nicotine still makes it easier for cancer cells to replicate, so if you had cancer in the past or suffer from lung cancer switching to ecigs is not the same as stopping smoking

Michael Mosely has recently done a documentary on e-cigs, (for anyone who doesn't know him he's a 'celebrity doctor' of the kind that you feel that you can really trust that what he is saying is the whole truth as far as he has been able to establish), attempting to find the real truth about e-cigs and their effects on respiratory health. His overall conclusion just added to the general confusion, that e-cigs are much safer than combusting tobacco and inhaling it. There's at least 100 very dangerous toxins for starters on inhaling tobacco, which everyone probably knows. And there's only about 4 fairly benign looking foreign bodies from inhaling e-cigs.

He did come up with some new evidence; that certain e-cig flavors kill far more live tissue than others. Some kill 50% or more, whilst others are much less harmful. Scientists are busy testing all the flavors and hope to publish information regarding which flavors are the most destructive, and which are the least harmful. It is already known that Menthol flavors are very harmful and I believe they have been withdrawn from sale already. IIRC Pinacolada was the least harmful flavor found so far, killing 27% of live cells. To put things in context Tobacco smoke kills 95% of live cells. 8o But this research does show that e-cigs are not completely harmless.

Until the information is published the advice is to switch flavors as much as possible, so that you aren't constantly vapeing a potentially harmful flavor.

There was also an experiment done on the potential harms of passive smoking of vapour. In the experiments performed e-cig vapour was found to be 99% harmless for anyone in the vicinity of an e-cig vaper.

The doc is available on i-player for some time yet, and is definitely worth a watch. For anyone who's interested it's an Horizon episode called E-cigarettes:Miracle Or Menace? Episode 10. Available for 23 days from today. Just search for Horizon that will be the easiest way to find it, if it doesn't appear on the main attractions screen.

Last edited:
I am going to buy one of these. Recently started smoking again. Big mistake especially considering how expensive they are. A mate bought a vap and $150 worth of donut flavoured nicotine juice from the states as the nicotine juice is illegal in Australia like everything else. That juice has lasted him 6 months and he has lots his smokers cough. Sounds like something i need to do.

I am going to buy one of these. Recently started smoking again. Big mistake especially considering how expensive they are. A mate bought a vap and $150 worth of donut flavoured nicotine juice from the states as the nicotine juice is illegal in Australia like everything else. That juice has lasted him 6 months and he has lots his smokers cough. Sounds like something i need to do.

Really? Don't you have e-cigs in Aus then?

I've visited Australia a couple of times, I couldn't help but notice that hardly anyone smoked cigarettes, and this was about 10 - 15 years ago. At that time about 50% of Manchester residents seemed to be tobacco smokers.

It's an extremely bad move by the Oz Govt to ban e-cigs imo. In other countries where they are also banned people have just smuggled them in. It was easier when Europe was more or less borderless. Doubt it'll be so easy now. And I gather that Oz customs are pretty thorough, both for travelers luggage, and for mailed items.

Could you be arrested for smoking an e-cig in public? That would be quite insane. 8o

I have used this for over a year now

arc-4-winter-edition_1.jpg

It's fairly shiny, with an inbuilt LED display and choice of metal finish.

They are available from 'The Electronic Cigarette Company', the model is a 'Tecc Arc 4' and the link to the actual product is here.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to liquids, I just tend to stick to minty ones and vanilla.

I used to say "avoid anything by Smok" but their Baby beast is quite a tank I will admit. I'd say anything by Aspire is well worth having a look at as imho they have left nearly everyone else standing in their dust.

ATM I got Six Shooter Reserve in my tank & to my taste buds it is supreme, a lot of the stuff from the USA is better than UK juice (sorry folks but it's true)
If your after average juice Ultimate Juice are ok (UK based) & also Chefs vapour are well worth a check. I think your best to go to a decent vape shop & have a chat with the people there as what kit you want will depend on if your a mouth to lung or direct lung vaper, myself I'm a direct lung hitter so prefer a decent air hole & plenty of vapour (high VG content)

I should add that foul PG stuff is terrible, I myself and a lot of folks I know are allergic to it, gives you a terrible stomach, headache, dry mouth etc but this doesn't go for everyone. I'd say for a rule of thump get a juice that is at least 70% VG or above just to be safe.

so I feel bad going in and taking up their time with a bunch of questions and then walking out without buying anything.
Why not go in, ask a bunch of questions, and then demonstrate your appreciation for the personal service and support for local businesses by actually buying your stuff from there?

I second the Smok recommendation, I myself also use a baby best, with the Smok alien mod. It packs a lot of flavour.

Also agree with high VG liquid, (most premium e liquids are now high VG), 80/20 is good. You?ll lose the throat hit on anything under 6mg of nicotine, but you?ll be rewarded with a really flavoursome vape.

OT - Vape shops are the way to go. If you have a Vaporized shop near you, I?d highly recommend nipping in and they will advise you on the best way to go, suited to your needs. Vaporized.co.uk

I?ve been an ex smoker and on the vape for 5 years now. Recently celebrated the mark and feeling so much better for it!

IMO, vapes are for affluent hipsters, not hardcore nicotine addicts. I've had several (aborted) attempts at replacing cigs with vapes, and although the idea seems pretty sound, the harsh reality put me right off.

Pros:

Ultra cool and trendy: What can be better than blowing a huge plume of blueberry flavoured vapour directly into the face of any cunt passing within a 50 yard radius?

It will save you money: Theoretically yes; but this is highly debatable - whatever the manufacturers would like you to believe.

It's better for your health: Hmm, again this is debatable. This depends upon so many factors: quality of device and quality of e-liquid. But the one thing that no-one tells you is that any perceived (but not proven) health benefits rely upon regular servicing of your device. Get it wrong and vaping can produce more formaldehyde than regular fags (can't remember source, but it took me 2 minutes to find that out online).

Cons:

Too many fuckin variables - you got to find the right device combined with the right liquid. Generally the more expensive the better. Mr.Z.Bandit is correct in saying to go for the high VG:pG liquids and the American ones seem better quality. DONT buy the shit available in Poundland's et al - unless you're just a posing cunt who wants to look hip! Then there's the multitude of settings available on the high end devices - get it wrong and you end up feeling like your throat's been ripped a new arsehole...

Maintenance: This is the biggest con. Suppliers give the impression that the only costs after the (possibly quite significant) initial outlay is the juice. This is bollocks. To keep your device running efficiently, you have to regularly change the heating elements and the mouth pieces. The heating element soon accumulates huge deposits of skanky residue that makes getting a decent lungful virtually impossible; and the mouthpieces are so fuckin fragile that the slightest knock will have your precious e-liquid oozing out onto everything in sight.

Charging: Yet another bastard electronic device to juggle charging time with all your other bastard electronic devices. Once yer battery is dead, yer fucked. No grabbing an ashtray of dimps and rolling a quick n dirty fag...

Refilling: Oh this is fuckin fun!! This shit gets everywhere, and is quite corrosive. Keep it well away from any surface other than pure granite!

Social acceptability: Fuck all. You're still destined to stand outside in the pissing rain chuffing on your rapidly discharging, leaky, overpriced piece of uneccessarily complicated hipster wank fantasy, whilst looking on enviously at all the cunts smoking proper fags.

As you can probably tell, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the whole vaping 'experience' as I found it a total faff with very little benefit. I've tried several devices ranging from an ?80 variable voltage lump of metal to ?10 pen style jobbies. They all have the same disadvantages. Gimme a soggy rollup with no filter any day of the week...

Last edited:
Thanks for all the good advice

Just curious have you guys tried several different types of vapes and notice a big improvement between different vapes? Would you say that the cheap ones are any good? Is there big differences in quality of vape between various vaping devices?

I started off with the cheapest of cheap ones, (actually from a looky looky man in Spain), before moving onto a pen shaped one, then the old clearomiser tanks with the cheap wicks. Ive been on a mod for a couple years now. There is a huge difference. I always explain it like buying a vape is an investment, so Id recommend spending a little more. The money you save against buying cigarettes means it literally pays for itself pretty quickly.

Most people who try vapes but give them up dont give it enough time. E liquid doesnt have the same chemical as cigarettes, which allow the nicotine to be absorbed instantly. So with a vape youll feel the nicotine hit with a delay, until you get used to it. If my mother who smoked 20 a day for 30 years can give it up with a vape, anyone can.

I started off with the cheapest of cheap ones, (actually from a looky looky man in Spain), before moving onto a pen shaped one, then the old clearomiser tanks with the cheap wicks. Ive been on a mod for a couple years now. There is a huge difference. I always explain it like buying a vape is an investment, so Id recommend spending a little more. The money you save against buying cigarettes means it literally pays for itself pretty quickly.

Most people who try vapes but give them up dont give it enough time. E liquid doesnt have the same chemical as cigarettes, which allow the nicotine to be absorbed instantly. So with a vape youll feel the nicotine hit with a delay, until you get used to it. If my mother who smoked 20 a day for 30 years can give it up with a vape, anyone can.

I've smoked 20+ a day for 30+ years - but I can't...

(and I bet your mum is still secretly gaggin forra fag... ;) )

Last edited:
Fubar, tbh I can't say I'm surprised to hear you're not a fan. There's not much from the modern era that does impress you it seems :D

Yup, oldskool to the day I die Bob, that's me.

Have you heard about that fuckin interwebz thing? Bunch o cunts... ;)

Seriously though, if you're not a full time smoker, then it may work for you. It's just that some of us are beyond help...

And even more seriouser - good quality e-liquid is paramount! I developed a nasty case of oral thrush from using cheap PG heavy liquids.

Last edited:
Pm me for info about the stuff available if you like, going for a mech mod and DIY juice saves you a fuck ton but does need a bit of research first...