• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Drug's in the Mail - The Silk Road and our very own Tronica!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought was that any media attention of SR is a negative but maybe getting the message out to the wider public that the war on drugs is failing could be a good thing.

Both the staff of BL and SR have no fucking problems with the publicity, and even support it.
So please fuck off with the redundantly stupid comments.

^ You kidding dude?
It's not the first time SR has been mentioned in the media, and it's not like the cops haven't been trying to stop it any way. The simple fact is Cranknit is right, even if the site does eventually get shut down, a new one would be up within weeks.
All websites leave some form of tracking but trying to do it with something that multi re-routes i.p address's annonomous names from both the buyer and the distributor combined with professional packaging and it's pretty much game over.

I don't use SR, but mostly because I have no real need to and anything I want I can normally acquire anyway. I see no reason for this thread to be closed, worrying about people drawing attention to it is pointless and at this point gains nothing. I could understand when it was first starting up and little was known about the depths of its complexity but now when it's nothing new I think as the number 1 drug forum I think we should be fully entitled to discuss it. And people from this forum who hadn't heard about this before have the right to know.

Just remember all, if anyone does decide to SR, like all things in this game it still comes with a risk.

FFS close this thread. We don't need more attention drawn to it.

How is more attention going to harm SR?

Take for example the fact that when I tweeted a wrap-up link to the three media pieces on Friday, Silk Road's official twitter account retweeted it to all his/her followers. I think SR is happy to get the publicity. If you read the state of the road address, you can see this:

It didn't take long before word got out. Our little hidden market got the attention of the media and soon the politicians and law enforcement. But Silk Road was never meant to be private and exclusive. It is meant to grow into a force to be reckoned with that can challenge the powers that be and at last give people the option to choose freedom over tyranny. We fundamentally believe that people can thrive and prosper under these conditions and so far tens of thousands have done so in the Silk Road market. A revolution has been born.

Maybe drug users are waking up and realising that they may not have to be silent anymore. I've always said if everyone who had ever or currently uses illicit drugs stood up and said 'no more of this ridiculous public policy' we would see political change. Prohibition and intimidation and stigma stops this kind of revolution. But maybe SR represents the revolution or the start of it.

I could be very wrong. Only time will tell!

come on, the publicity will do NOTHING to change policy, in fact Id bet my left arm it will force LE to try harder to catch and prosecute buyers who purchase from SR as a warning to others to stop. Because politicians cannot be seen to be "losing" by the majority conservative voters.

I can tell you lots of orders from overseas vendors/sellers are starting to disappear, I just hope people dont start getting early morning knocks on their doors.

After the Project was aired someone on SR asked any new members who join because of the Project to say so, low and behold it happened. Of course SR likes the publicity, every sale makes them money so the more members buying equals more money for them.

All this publicity does is draw attention to something that has been happening fairly safely for years, and now it isnt so safe any more. The other thing is SR isnt the only place on TOR that does this, Ive heard theres a few VERY private forums that could be compromised because of the publicity if a member got arrested. If you want to change prohibition, do it through the proper channels such as campaigning and changing the peoples minds who matter, the oldies who hold a huge vote, their the ones who's minds are set in the 50's and are brainwashed that somehow tobacco and alcohol are safer alternatives.

* I do not order anything from these TOR drug sites, I was directed there out of curiosity by the publicity generated by numerous articles and TV slots

Things like this have always seemed to go through stages of - discovery-growth-massive growth-busted. It's happened with napster, and heaps of things since then. I think this why people are trying to keep it quiet.

SilkRoad is a bit different as we know. Will be interesting to see where it all goes in the coming years.

Great job Tronica!

I can tell you lots of orders from overseas vendors/sellers are starting to disappear, I just hope people dont start getting early morning knocks on their doors.

This has just started happening? AFAIK this kind of thing has always happened from time to time...they do catch some packages. It could just be that more people are using the service, so it appears more people are getting busted/having their stuff disappear etc. I doubt the percentage of packages they can search has increased dramatically...that kind of thing couldn't happen overnight. It would need big funding and the police would likely announce it publically I'd guess.

Last edited:
Things like this have always seemed to go through stages of - discovery-growth-massive growth-busted. It's happened with napster, and heaps of things since then. I think this why people are trying to keep it quiet.

SilkRoad is a bit different as we know. Will be interesting to see where it all goes in the coming years.

Great job Tronica!

This has just started happening? AFAIK this kind of thing has always happened from time to time...they do catch some packages. It could just be that more people are using the service, so it appears more people are getting busted/having their stuff disappear etc. I doubt the percentage of packages they can search has increased dramatically...that kind of thing couldn't happen overnight. It would need big funding and the police would likely announce it publically I'd guess.

The amount of orders going missing has increased, I dont think the percentage of packaged they can search has increased but I believe they are looking harder.

In the end places like SR are an embarrassment to LE and customs with people bragging how easy it is to get things past customs, they are only human and I know if I was customs I would be mighty pissed off about being made fools of, I would try my hardest to catch the "cheeky little druggies".

Its a bit late now but I wish SR was left out of the media

Thanks for the link. Wow, I didn't know the person who they were interviewing, Monica, was one of Bluelight's own members. Interesting.
I find it funny that this website, which is in plain sight of those who look for it, breaches so many laws - and nobody can do anything about it. What can they do? There can't be much to stop SR, only to deter it by seizing the packages in Customs.

This doesn't change a thing. There was a big media hype about it 6-8months ago and nothing changed.

Nice interview Monica.

Its funny how they were joking about local drug dealers going out of business. I would say that it would probably just increase the number of items on their menu and probably increase the quality too.

seems like SR is down at the moment, lets hope its temporary for those that think the attention is great

^too much traffic perhaps? I heard the same thing happened last year when it was in the news.

Nice interview Monica.

Its funny how they were joking about local drug dealers going out of business. I would say that it would probably just increase the number of items on their menu and probably increase the quality too.

Yeah no doubt, most users still aren't gonna want to risk or go to the trouble of going through SR. But I would bet that dealers are stocking up on plenty of cheaper imported things, and then cutting it also. Street dealers prob love SR as much as anyone

^Not to forget that there are many more consumers than dealers out there, including a fairly big slice (I would imagine) who have traditionally found it difficult to source their DOC's domestically eg. older users and newbs, fringe-dwellers and other isolated folk. Now that SR is out in the open and appears to be a 'credible' alternative to street trade I'm sure many will be tempted to jump through the hoops, set-up accounts and trade-off the old risks for the new.
No doubt, there will be more intense efforts to screen incoming mail and busts of this type will probably rise, but from what I've read the chances of detection or non-receival of your order still seem comparatively small (with some obvious qualifiers). Add to this feedback-driven quality control measures and the various cut-outs in each transaction and it stacks up as a risk a growing number of users might now be prepared to take.
Who's to say how long SR stays viable? If anything, as with Napster, the public are now at least aware that such enterprises do exist and have carried-on business just out-of-sight for years without creating waves. Can't wait to see how this unfolds and whether it might force a re-think on our demonstrably failed prohibitionist policies.

If the SR business model takes off the way P2P music/film distribution did, prohibition is as good as dead, and I think those in power probably know it. I wouldn't be surprised if they started busting people for ordering even small quantities just to make an example of them and to try and suppress the market with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.