Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Doof Thread

Busty St Clare

Ex-Bluelighter
As the searing heat of summer slowly leaves us, it is that time if year that we turn our attention to the world of Doof. The Doof survival Thread can be found here.

This thread is designed to be a place to celebrate all things Doof. Post pictures, funny stories, tell us your favourite site, what music drags you onto the dusty dance floor, are fairy wings and hoola hoops so 2004, why does my tongue taste purple, whose dog is this dry humping my leg?

For me doofs have replaced what used to be my underground scene when I first started to go out to parties. Festivals like Livid and perhaps the early years of the BDO were a more eclectic collection of people with a lower population of boozed up "lads" who like to show off their latest southern cross tattoo. Even the secret warehouse raves with their healthy dose of plur and thumbing it to the "man" have been lost to the world of commercial raves set up in huge sporting stadiums. In short that magic has been lost. Or perhaps I am a slightly greener tinge of stone than my youth.

I love the outdoors nature of Doofs. Camping with friends, campfires, BYO everything with no real restrictions (apart from glass) and no more being raped for $8 mid strength beers. Throw in music and just a general happy vibe and I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend. But for how long? Will doofs be over run as the sniffer dogs drive the goodtime boys away from more mainstream festivals? Will kids be forever welcome or will it become more R rated than PG?

This weekend I am off to Earth Freq. If Rainbow is the Oscar's of the Australian Doof scene, then Earth Freq is surely P Diddy's after party. It might not have the same crowded dance floors but it makes up for this with lush grass. ;)

4072d1254067235-psy-art-trippy.gif

Same place Secret Sessions was held last year. Awesome place tucked in with nature beautifully :)

^ Nice pics, <3 the doof safari shot! :D I've been meaning to get along to one for a while but all my mates are too slack to organise a camping trip... has anyone here ever just gone along to one alone or do you typically go in crews? The recent pics from rainbow have me itching for some outdoor mischief =D

(p.s. that alice in wonderland gif is awesome busty :) )

Alone or in crews is all good. Emma's dad went to a doof few years back on his lonesome, we ran into him. Had to keep pretending all the fractals I was seeing was side effect of drinking beer =D He had a heap of fun times talking to randoms and stuff. He is a teetotaller so he wasn't finding 'fake fun', genuinely had a fun time watching people 'smoking whacky tobaccy' and 'taking them funny pills' <3

I'm sure if a father mid 40s was able to go to a doof totally straight and have fun, you can go to a doof in whatever state + alone and have fun :)

belarki, for your first doof I would definitely get a crew together, just until you've been to a few and get to know some of the regulars. Even though in all my years of doofing I've never personally come across any bad-eggs, if you ever do, you're literally out in the middle of nowhere and well, anything could happen...

And anyway, despite all that, it's more fun to share the experience with your mates!!

belarki - you know Busty and I have become a permenant fixture within the SE QLD doof scene. Hit us up and we can give you the details of the next party going on. We're always keen to meet new folk, and would be happy to show you some of the multi-coloured ropes. ;) :D

Personally, I am freaking excited for this weekend. Some of my favourite people and musical groups are converging at what looks like a stellar location. Can't wait! Eeeeee! /Jumps around

^ haha will do thanks, I'll be keeping my eye on that other forum and will pm you & busty if I get organised for an event :) Unfortunately I have too much stuff on this weekend to get to Earth Freq. I hope you kids have loads of fun! <3 =D

wazza, she is GORGEOUS!! <3

C0TB and Busty, have an awesome time this weekend guys! That party looks like it's going to be pretty darn epic %)

We want photos afterwards! Post haste!

Oh yeah, training begun for doofs about a month ago. Check out this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkwXIIAWtM , especially at 11seconds and 40seconds. =D <3<3<3

n3ophy7e thanks! :) The vid just shows how gorgeous she is... God, she is just PURE LOVE.. It is _AWESOME_ to have the 'PLUR feelings' every second of the day due to our baby. Life just looks better, even through it wasn't bad at all (meh to my nerve pain) but OMG, haven't Cassandra just blows us away!!! Can't wait til she grows up and is taken to the better side of life, doofs etc =D And LOL, she just giggled out loud then, guess she knew she's in for a treat HA

Keen to attend my first doof. Think it would be a great way to make some new like minded friends! If anyone can help in wa then pm me.

Those pictures are awesome. The crowds are so funny and all they want to do is have a good time :)

Can't wait til she grows up and is taken to the better side of life, doofs etc =D And LOL, she just giggled out loud then, guess she knew she's in for a treat HA

Awesome dude! WAY cute video by the way!
You're reminding me of a couple who brings their kids to doofs, it is the absolute BEST thing in the world seeing them play in the sunshine in the morning after a nice night of LSD :) <3
mumnbub.jpg

Just a few happy snaps kindly stolen from a variety of sources at Earth Freq.

Great weekend had by all. Near perfect weather with only an hour of rain Saturday afternoon (just in time for our siesta).

NSFW:
EarthFreq020.jpg

healingtemple1.jpg

051.jpg

064-1.jpg

EarthFreq011.jpg

It's a pity you can't capture the night time with a camera and truely do the light shows justice. :\

Oh im so jealous of your eastern state doofs, they look freaking sweet! I've been involved in the Perth scene for about 2 years now.. some pics i took from Halloween here in Perth.

13938_1268994083208_1180510895_839251_2633962_n.jpg

13938_1268995443242_1180510895_839263_1107647_n.jpg

13938_1268995923254_1180510895_839266_1474312_n.jpg

13938_1268996083258_1180510895_839270_3779938_n.jpg

13938_1268996803276_1180510895_839271_4098536_n.jpg

And this was the system we used at Earthdance 2009.

9118_1234432613414_1007150412_30744755_4667581_n.jpg

Last edited:
^^ I dunno mate, that looks like it was a pretty fuckin epic doof!!! You Westies look like you know how to party ;) :)

Busty, awesome pics mate, looks like it was a great party! Looked like it was a bit hot??

There were some steamy moments for sure during the day, but fortunately the cloud cover made it tolerable and a short spurt of rain Saturday afternoon cooled things down. The nights were perfect for sleeping and that's the best I can ever hope for in Feburary here. Having said that I would have killed for a nearby watering hole.

Roll on Autumn/Winter I say.