• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The difference between LSD and "research chemicals"?

TatumAvery1991

Greenlighter
About 4-5 months ago I did acid for the first time well research chemicals. Had a BLAST. Things got kinda bad when the people I did it with left to pick up a drunk friends of there's that was super sick. I was luckily after being comforted by them once they got back able to shift back into a good vibe and COMPLETLY enjoy the rest of my trip. But my question is what's the difference between acid and research chemicals? And is it possible to see the same shit when you trip because me and my friend were seeing some of the same things. Thanks guys.

"Acid" refers to one specific chemical, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD).

"Research chemicals" is usually a euphemism for "unscheduled drugs" and can refer to hundreds of possible chemicals. Throughout the years there's been a few psychedelics discovered that are active at the sub-milligram levels needed to be active on blotter. These are drugs like the NBOMe series (25I-NBOMe is popular but there are also half a dozen more of varying activities - 25C, 25D, 25iP, 25P, 25B, 25E, C30-NBOMe - as well as NBOH and NBF compounds of the same.) Prior to the discovery of the 25x-NBOMe series people used to occasionally see things like 5-MeO-AMT and DOB/DOI. There is also (rarely) stuff like Br-DFLY on blotters too - although generally the fancy expensive designer RC drugs are more expensive than LSD and are less often substituted.

These drugs, being much newer and lacking as much "live fire testing" as LSD has recieved throughout the years, are generally much riskier compounds to take. Stuff like the DOx and 25x-NBOMe series have caused deaths in overdoses.

Currently the biggest risk is people substituting things like 25I-NBOMe for LSD, because they both fit on blotter papers and can be taken sublingually (under the tongue). However, NBOMe compounds generally are dosed much higher than LSD on blotter & have a lower safety margin, so it means taking more than one or two tabs can be a huge risk.

A quick and dirty test is making sure your acid blotters glow under a UV light - NBOMe compounds don't. There are also commercial LSD test kits as well as the Ehrlich reagent for indoles (which is a color spot test for LSD).

Tripping with friends has a social component that's almost as important as the biology of the psychedelics: shared hallucinations are actually more common then you'd think. My favourite shared hallucination fact is that sometimes people who get really loaded on deleriants (don't reccomend it - the experience is amnesic and unpleasant) will share invisible cigarettes. (The military observed this when developing incapactitating agents like BZ.)

LSD-25 can even be considered an rc.... Even MDMA. There's just s lot more research on these than day 4-aco-dmt, LSZ, and bk-MDMA. Honestly anything new for someone is a research compound for them in my opinion....

Although as sekio pointed out there are many compounds that rc commonly apply to where fire LSD and MDMA it is less applied to. Look into pihkal and tihkal and not just the experiences, but the minute difference in experience and molecular structure. You will begin to understand the idea of analog after that while learning about an amazing man.

You should reconsider very carefully the use of any blotter that you have not tested for LSD. An Erlich test could save your life. If you can afford to buy drugs, you can afford to test them.

NO Discussion, NO Debate. Test your blotters without fail every single time you get a fresh set!

LSD is a "researched" chemical.
According to Erowid, it is the most extensively studied psychedelic drug in existence.

You should reconsider very carefully the use of any blotter that you have not tested for LSD. An Erlich test could save your life. If you can afford to buy drugs, you can afford to test them.

NO Discussion, NO Debate. Test your blotters without fail every single time you get a fresh set!

Ideally, yeah, but then you have to get the test kit and you have to use up some LSD on the test and it only shows that it's an indole compound, does it not? Could just buy from darknet sites where you can read the feedback and look for one where somebody ELSE did the test, or just that they all confirmed by personal use that it is LSD. I wouldn't buy anything off some guy on the street. He has no feedback.

Also, regarding testing it by UV light, I had a few different blotters and held them up to a UV bug light in a kitchen where I work. The white ones glowed but the ones with designs on them I couldn't even notice the glow because of the color of the ink. White ones will look sort of glowy even if it's just paper so it's still hard to tell. Interestingly, when I held a 50 sheet of LSZ up there was a thin strip along one edge that glowed a lot brighter than the rest of the sheet. Don't know what that's about. Looks like there may be a concentrated strip on that side. It's only about 1/16th of an inch wide but it's there. Or maybe that was plain paper so it reflected more light than the part with the LSZ. Who know? The glow test is just way to vague.

NBOMe blotters will be quite bitter and will numb your tongue and gums if you leave it in your mouth. That's a sure way to tell if you're trying to avoid them.

Stuff like the DOx and 25x-NBOMe series have caused deaths in overdoses.

I didn't know there were DOx deaths, but I'm not really surprised either. LSD is very unusual in having such a high therapeutic ratio, and it's pretty reckless to treat any other drug like it.

Last edited:
My favourite shared hallucination fact is that sometimes people who get really loaded on deleriants (don't reccomend it - the experience is amnesic and unpleasant) will share invisible cigarettes. (The military observed this when developing incapactitating agents like BZ.)

It's funny you mention that because just 2 days ago I posted a police video that documents this!

It's in this news report. Can you post the quote you're referring to, sekio?