View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Difference Between 1 and 2 Hits Of Acid

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I've often taken a tab by myself and had some incredible experiences, and I'm thinking of taking 2 100 mcg tabs by myself. What exactly is the type of difference that one can expect from going from one tab to two (100 mcg to 200 mcg)? I've heard that the trip has a whole different tone with 2 tabs versus one, is this typically accurate. I'm really stoked about tomorrow night's experience to be honest, and it'll definitely be amazing..... that's for sure. Just wondering if it's fine to take it by myself, or if I should be with other people when I do it. I'm really looking to trip major balls, and it should be absolutely amazing. I'm thinking that taking it by myself would be ideal as I'm more focusing on my personal psyche :)

In the 200 microgram range things like thought loops and very abstract thought are going to become much more prominent, making it much harder to interact with the environment. At 100 mics you might be able to go down to the store and grab some refreshments - at 200 mics you might not feel up to leaving the house alone.

I'd also advise you to have some benzos ready - just 0.5 mg of Xanax can often prevent a trip from veering out of control without completely destroying the experience.

And for the love of god don't try to smoke weed in order to "relax" - cannabis will usually do just the opposite, significantly potentiating the psychedelic and adding even more anxiety.

Take care & have an amazing trip :)

Yes, a 200 mcg trip is very much different from a 100 mcg trip. If you're experienced with lower doses and you feel prepared then you're probably fine. Expect a much more intense experience.

200 mic is a totally diferrent experience IMO.
i have already done it but have also done 150 mic 3 time before jumping to 200 and i'm glad i have done it this way.
anyway, if you are sure you can jump directly from one tab to two (don't know how you can) i think it's a good idea to have a sitter, and like Hodor said a benzo to use if things goes really south.
enjoy !

In my experience a jump from 100 - 200 was more that a jump from 200 - 300.

Can I also +1 on Don't use cannabis. If things are getting hairy they will get hairier if you even have a pipe of cannabis. Even if things are going well cannabis can tip it over the edge.

Last edited:
100mcg isn't even really enough to fill trip IMO. My first trip was 250mcg and shit was fucking 10 hours of intense tripping but tons of fun.

200 is what I would say the verge of an actual trip is. You'll trip but not all that intensely. Get into then 300-500mcg range for some serious tripping and full vision field fractal patterns.

I've never had issues going out/functioning though. My first trip at 250mcg I wasn't super keen on leaving my friends apartment but ended up doing so. Now I can easily be out and socialize on 300-400mcg

100mcg isn't even really enough to fill trip IMO. My first trip was 250mcg and shit was fucking 10 hours of intense tripping but tons of fun.

200 is what I would say the verge of an actual trip is. You'll trip but not all that intensely. Get into then 300-500mcg range for some serious tripping and full vision field fractal patterns.

I've never had issues going out/functioning though. My first trip at 250mcg I wasn't super keen on leaving my friends apartment but ended up doing so. Now I can easily be out and socialize on 300-400mcg

IMO you must be an exception, or have a huge tolerence.

IMO you must be an exception, or have a huge tolerence.

Maybe? Is there something abnormal in that post?

There really isn't a tolerance to LSD although you do learn how to handle yourself better while under the influence of it

Maybe? Is there something abnormal in that post?

There really isn't a tolerance to LSD although you do learn how to handle yourself better while under the influence of it
just pointing the fact that 200 mic is a solid dose for most poeple, and i know people who just can't take it and have a "good" time. it is just too much for them
that why i suggested him to try 150 mic before, and make his way to high doses slowly.

just pointing the fact that 200 mic is a solid dose for most poeple, and i know people who just can't take it and have a "good" time. it is just too much for them
that why i suggested him to try 150 mic before, and make his way to high doses slowly.

Gotcha. Yeah it definitely doesn't hurt to titrate up. I'm glad I jumped in my first time at 250ug but most definitely isn't for everyone and was a very, very intense experience

I have to agree with the cannabis advice it always has the feeling of sailing on a beautiful sea and then getting blindsided by a hurricane.
2 hits you should expect a couple hours of being fully incapacitated like others said. Not as lucid to go out among the sober..