• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

^I'm glad you're well sigmond, sounds like you would have an interesting tale to tell :)

/wave sigmond

p.s. wow this thread moves slowly. i forgot about that post i made last july, and it's still at the top of this page!

Hello everyone! good to see many of you are still active on the boards - though, i noticed ninae is still m.i.a which is unfortunate.

i noticed i was rather depressed the last time i posted here, something fairly common for me, luckily i can report that i am feeling better even though life has got increasingly worse in many ways. late last year along with the depression i ran into some minor legal issues which prompted a mini-excursion from massachusetts to ny onto nashville and back. I wasn't home long before i was scooped up and tossed into a large cage which contained a hodgepodge of unique characters of various backgrounds and temperaments. I'm happy to report that i survived - slightly 'the worse for wear' i suppose - but overall health and sanity mainly intact.

anyway, still rambling on and misusing the English language when appropriate. Hope all is well - peace.

I'm glad to see you back and posting and to hear that your sanity and health are mainly intact. It's good to keep a little crazy inside you, makes for well-roundedness IMO.:)

Hey, it's very kind that each of you took the time to say hello - appreciated!

ahh, sadly, not many tales swilow. i manage to get myself in odd situations whenever im drinking, some more entertaining than others, but most just silly and banal. I was 'sleeping rough' for a bit (cardboard-box-on-the-subway-platform-rough) where I encountered other nomads and non-nomads; one in particular i still think (worry) about regularly (a beautiful, educated, young woman who was originally from europe but now stuck in ny) She told me she feels safe and she is pretty tough so hopefully things are alright. It got so cold last month that people without shelter could have easily frozen to death. (I read at least one person did freeze) :(

(deleted rambling nonsense)

thanks!

Last edited:
/wave sigmond

p.s. wow this thread moves slowly. i forgot about that post i made last july, and it's still at the top of this page!

I think we have adopted an ent-like approach to time in P&S. :)

Hey, I'm curious if you've heard any news yet? <3

Okay. Let us know mate. I'm crossing fingers and toes for you. <3

i like to think that he's happy now, because he's finally getting the answers to life's mysteries.

i wonder if he'll be able to give us a sign.

I hope. Glad I got to meet you dude... you were one of the few BLers who I've actually met in real life. Can't believe how sudden it was.

Cancer is a fucking bitch. It scares me so much.

<3

I considered starting a "Your Own Philosophical Beliefs Megathread" The idea was to have one thread where members could post philosophic beliefs they believe to be true. For instance, I think its possible that "Monism" or some hybrid form of monism that i am still trying to decipher might be true. I also believe that the world is created via the unconscious desires of man and any attempt to restrict that process will end up in failure. I don't have the energy nor motivation to explain or defend my position presently but perhaps in the future i will.

Something similar to this

I also think foreigner might be onto something.. :sus:

That's pretty much exactly how I feel/believe. :) Regardless of what's at the root, for all intents and purposes we are separate beings and it's good to live that way. I find the belief helps me to see the best in other people a lot though, and it helps me extend love to people more easily, and understand where they're coming from.

A little self control at the right moment may prevent much subsequent compulsion at the hands of others; just as a very small section of a circle close to the center may correspond to a part near the circumference a hundred times as large. Schopenhauer.

Also, 1984 is a philosophical masterpiece. I cannot explain why at the moment but i believe it is true.

The T.V is in your head...