The Definitive 60s Music Thread

Yeh..The Doors.once a big fan.across the years likeit more&morw last album"L.A. woman likes me more,where Morrison is fat and with beard.. singin blues

Yeh..The Doors.once a big fan.across the years likeit more&morw last album"L.A. woman likes me more,where Morrison is fat and with beard.. singin blues

I like Jim's poetry more than The Doors music, but the album that got me (20+ years ago) was An American Prayer, which they made after he died. I get laughed at by poetry snobs but I think Jim was an incredible poet. He was also a really funny guy, which gets overlooked. He's kept me company during some very dark times ☺️

Ye the first albums are more decadence type(Rimbaud,Boudelaire) style.and the latest blues.an american prayer was some kind of poem as i remember with music behind

Ye the first albums are more decadence type(Rimbaud,Boudelaire) style.and the latest blues.an american prayer was some kind of poem as i remember with music behind

I don't even know all their albums.. The bluesy stuff had a few covers in it though I think. The Soft Parade is bizarre lol.

Yep, An American Prayer is Jim's spoken poetry set to music by The Doors. They did an awesome job. I had this massive panic attack after smoking weed in my 20s (it's never agreed with me much) and the only thing that calmed me down was that album, which I'd only heard maybe once.

This is my fave Doors (lyrics by Jim)