• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The dangers of taking two drugs that affect GABA-A and GABA-B respectiively

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
Right now I'm having a tough time finding the information that I need. So today I tried Flubromazepam in a moderate dose with no tolerance today (106hr half-life I believe), took a nap so now I feel awake when I should be getting ready for bed. I'd rather take my Zolpidem (15-20mg is what's effective for me to sleep). So that's where the GABA-B action comes in. Now I know the amounts I'm taking won't end me in a hospital, but I like to know all possible consequences. So is there anybody with more knowledge than I who could tell me more about any possible consequences; I would very much appreciate it. Knowledge is power

I believe zolpidem is a gaba a receptor agonist as a full agonist at a1and a5 not at gabab and that benzos are less selective gaba a a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 via binding at the bz receptor site. I would predict a increased sensitivity to amnesia

I would put away your ambien in a hard to access place because the combined effects could cause you to blackout and engage in bizzare behavior like take the entire bottle. When I took xanax and ambien I wokeup the next day missing thirty and no memory.

What you're asking is, are there any consequences in combining drugs from these respective classes, aside from the obvious risk of increased central nervous system depression? Not that I know of and not that I can find. I feel that you're asking for a blackout by combining these drugs though, so please be careful.

D1nach is right. It induces activity at the same receptor, but different subunits that are concentrated in different part of the CNS. That's why you get hypnotic and anxiolytic effects from zolpidem, but you don't get muscle relaxing or anticonvulsive effects until you reach very high doses.

But yeah, like keif and d1nach said, you'll black out, and you'll probably do some crazy shit that you won't remember!