• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Constant War that is Opium Addiction and a peak at my methods

I really don’t mean to rile you up. But I don’t believe in the Bible. I’m glad you have been saved and that it’s a positive experience for you.

I was a hopeless IV heroin addict that hasn’t touch heroin in 12yrs, I got there without Jesus. Everyone’s path is different.

-GC

that irritates you? i never said Jesus will get you clean. ill say it again, Jesus will free you from sin, along with that is giving you temperance to control yourself. Ive done clean but im too sore to take care of my family. Nevertheless its good to clean your system now and again. Jesus said there is nothing unclean in it of itself. nothing that goes into you can defile you, that includes alcohol. what comes out of a man, that is what defiles him. the reason why being clean from drugs and alcohol is a thing with Christianity is because those things can CAUSE you to sin. to lie, to cheat, to steal, act unloving or whatever. the drug or booze causes you to commit sinful acts. using a drug is not sinful, abusing a drug is, so is letting it cause you to defile your conscience.
my testimony clearly stated i went from using heroin IV for pleasure, to now taking a tea to function.
The bible says all things were given to be taken with thanksgiving. Read Romans chapter 14, talks about it a little, so do the Gospels of Mark, Matt, Luke and John. The problem with the world is they think God cares about legalism. (what you eat, drink, how you live... he doesnt care whatsoever). Jesus died so we can be free from all that nonsense and live out our lives loving one another, bringing ppl up rather than tearing them down. Overcome the evil with good. To treat those who have done evil to you with kindness. This is Jesus Christ, not whether you smoke or not. dont matter.
Your right.

I was a hopeless IV heroin addict that hasn’t touch heroin in 12yrs, I got there without Jesus. Everyone’s path is different.

-GC
I agree. but dont think of Jesus as some drug cure. Hes a cure for your heart and the sinful condition we all are in. Something there is missing and you dont even know it until you receive it.

I really don’t mean to rile you up. But I don’t believe in the Bible. I’m glad you have been saved and that it’s a positive experience for you.
Its a shame you dont believe but at least you have been honest. I'd rather you say the truth than spill a lie. and do not worry i wont get riled up. I have unspeakable peace :)

Clean and not clean is a state of mind. Sure i use opium, but Jesus gave me the temperance to use it without abusing it. I no longer long for it, just another painkiller now. This was an honest testimony. Nothing is perfect. And Jesus is the way for all those who believe. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those that believe the power of God unto salvation.

Jesus isnt a get clean message. Jesus is freedom from sin. There is nothing unclean in it of itself. There is nothing that goes into a man that defiles him, but that which comes out, that is what defiles him. Jesus can change your heart, all things become new. including how you view drugs and how you consume them.
Im not saying clean is the way, im saying Jesus Christ is.

PS i have never been to a rehab so i wouldnt know their approaches
Have to disagree, Jesus forgave the woman who was committing adultery but tells her to go sin NO more. Not is ok to sin as long as you can handle it.
Remember the bible says that even the very elect will be and are being fooled. Satan is a wiley dude. If he can convince you that yr with and following Jesus whilst yr still sinning then he's won, or you have lost.
So be very very careful my friend as the devil will trick you into believing that you have found God when you've just found satan masquerading as God.

what about it? thats a very small thing in the bible. The bible says we ALL are going to hell for our sins, whether your gay or not. look at the ten commandments to reflect who you are to God. Have you ever lied? have you ever stolen? have you ever taken Gods holy name in vain? have you ever lusted after a woman (or man) that you were not married to? we all have. we all have broken the law. Jesus paid the fine. Yes homosexuality is a sin, one that the holy spirit would cure you from. But not only that, Jesus will cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
There's nothing you can do to make it to heaven, we are all sinners, we all failed. We were born into it. Sold under sin. Jesus can correct that, you come as you are and say you believe him, and if you really do then these things start to slowly melt away, one by one.
Jesus taught us to love one another, regardless of who you are, or what you have done or how you live. But the bible says we cannot clean up our act, we are saved by grace through faith, God promises he will take your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
As in the Tetragrammaton? No, but I've certainly screamed Jesus/Jaysus a couple of times...