• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Constant War that is Opium Addiction and a peak at my methods

OpiumWDsoldier

Bluelighter
Hey folks, I am pretty new here, as a matter of fact this is my first post. I would like to discuss something that for a long time I wanted to get out there. First of all let me introduce myself in whats important. I am 33 years old and I live in Ontario. I have been a heroin/morphine addict since I was about 13 years old. I started using IV morphine at that age and over the years dabbling in morphine, hydromorphone and occasionally oxycodone when i couldn't get morphine (oxycodone to me was weaker IV, didnt last as long and costed twice as much, the hydromorphone was strong but had no legs so i prefered morphine as a kid.). Over time as I grew I became more able to obtain drugs and was later using only brown No.3 heroin. Pretty strong stuff too. I used for many many years, had no family to think of, my first wife was an addict as well.
In time we both got on methadone, thinking we would experience freedom from our afflictions. In some ways we did, we no longer had to suffer if we were unable to afford opiates. However with that freedom another is taken from you. You are tied to the place where you obtain your methadone, in some ways theyre worse than your drug dealers. This is because you have to wait to certain days to see your doctor, in the meantime you just have to put up with the issues like not enough medication, whereas with your illicit sources increasing your dosage is much simpler. Also you have to degrade yourself and piss in front of a camera, you lose privileges if you have a contaminated urine. The doctors can be unreasonable. Suffice to say there are many things that draw back the so called "recovery". I never got better at the methadone clinic. It merely tied me to a place where other criminals went so I always had a source of drugs and/or dealers.
My ex and I eventually moved to a town that tore us apart. We both cheated on eachother after getting bored with eachother as well as other resentments, our relationship was sick and we made it worse. Eventually we broke up after being with her for ten years.
I married someone else. I became a born again Christian and that is when everything changed for the better, after God saved me from myself. Before I give you the Gospel of Jesus Christ I just want to share my testimony of what happened after I was born again. At that time I was a smuggling in heroin into my country to both distribute and use, it was my means of obtaining my supply. Through different means all my connections dried up. I could no longer get good heroin anymore, and I would not get it off the street because the prices were too high and who knows what was in it (not a fentanyl fan) purity etc. During this time I planned a really good detox plan, but i wasn't ready for it. I was an opiate user of plus 20 years at this point but I still was not ready to quit. Nevertheless i still gave it a shot to detox (just a piece of advice to other opiate addicts, just because your not ready to quit, a detox here and there is good for your health and finances).
After my failed attempt at quitting (I was also coming off of methadone as well as the heroin this time around) at around day 14 of no opiates. I tried using kratom after week 1 with some success but it was very short lived and not all the WD symptoms disappeared. I was at my girlfriends house, after 14 days and found an old bag of poppy seeds in the cupboard that i had purchased about a year prior, I thought why not give it a try to ease my pain as i was still in considerable WD from the methadone. I put some of the bag (maybe 50g) into a bowl of oats and ate it. To my astonishment i was feeling better about 20 minutes later, i even felt the morphine. There was enough opium alkaloids on these seeds to do that. I never had poppy before this but a new way of doing things was born, by the next month i was making poppy seed tea everyday. I was free from the methadone, and free from the heroin. Yes you may say now im addicted to the opium in the tea, and you would be right, but i could control the tea. I couldnt control the heroin and the methadone is controlled by doctors. I finally had a relatively stable opiate that i could buy legally. This changed my life. I started going legal. I joined a church, I have had at least one and sometimes 2 jobs. i take care of a family. I have a wife. All thanks to the poppy. It lasts a long time, if your used to stronger stuff you dont really get a high, its really leveled out my life and allowed me to leave behind the criminal lifestyle and cut off the criminals i would see at the clinic.
I was on the seeds for a whole year. After growing as a Christian for about that long i tried to get off it again. I spent that year studying the nature of my addiction that I have contended with for so many years. I found that there are many supplements you can use to ease the pain of WD and even shorten the duration, eliminate PAWS even. here is a list of things I have used. Please keep in mind I am still studying and there is way more than this.

To reduce your tolerance
-Agmatine Sulfate
-Ashwagandha
-DXM
-ketamine

Dopamine and RLS
-Magnesium Glycinate
-Macuna Pruriens
-Tyrosine
-Fo-ti (He shou wu)

Anxiety
-Theanine
-Kava Kava
-Gaba
-Benzodiazepines

Sleep Aids
-Melatonin
-Chamomile
-Passion Flower
-Valerian Root
-Lemon Balm
-5HTP

Pain, Cravings etc.
-California Poppy
-Blue Lotus
-DLPA
-Sodium Ascorbate

if the withdrawal is too much and these things arent enough to help...

Kratom can be used for the first week of withdrawal, for best effects abstain from using it until the opiates have left your bloodstream as they can have a cross reaction

Loperamide can be used effectively to treat body withdrawal symptoms, in high doses it can block out much of the withdrawal however I cannot recommend its use

Poppy can be used to reduce your withdrawals if your are an IV user, the poppy can help you taper off that high level of spikes and ease your way down before discontinuing opiates.

I sucessfully came off of the poppy last year only to begin again in the winter. But the reason i began again had nothing to do with cravings or PAWS, i was cured. I began again because I was too sensitive, I am naturally too sensitive to the touch, and I also was in a car accident, but the reasons were related to actual illnesses, I wasnt dying to get back on them. Now I am tapering down and doing this all over again.
I successfully tapered down to 3/8 my intake. I am taking a break and staying here for a while, then i will do one more big taper, then once i am stable again I will jump off with this regimen. God led me to all of this, the only thing I had to do was accept my sinful condition and believe in His Son Jesus Christ. That he died and rose again of the third day, for our sins. mine and yours. believe the Gospel and repent, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost too. Once you have it you will have the will power to stop these drugs or at least control them. all in Christ Jesus this is possible. I was a hopeless addict using heroin IV upwards of 5 times a day, now i drink a tea in the morning. Even that will go in time thank the Lord.

I hope this post can help someone.

Here are the scriptures

1 Corninthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There are many more scriptures in the bible that can give one strength over their addictions as well, but this is most important, because belief in this message gives one the power to overcome all things.

God bless everyone here

OpiumWDsoldier

I'm going to move this to H&R. I'm not sure that this is the right place for it. Someone may move it again. MH => H&R (I think it would go better in OD but there's the biblical stuff... I dunno @n3ophy7e, help me out here.)

What sect of Christianity are you a part of @OpiumWDsoldier? I ask because you've got a couple of things going for you in your biblical citations that make me curious.

With all due respect, come back and preach that Jesus is the way out once your clean. Until then your right with the rest of us.

It reminds me of rehab where they guilt you into trying to stay and you got patients trying to tell you it REALLY works only to be on their 7th, 8th, 10th time being there.

-GC

Clean and not clean is a state of mind. Sure i use opium, but Jesus gave me the temperance to use it without abusing it. I no longer long for it, just another painkiller now. This was an honest testimony. Nothing is perfect. And Jesus is the way for all those who believe. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those that believe the power of God unto salvation.

Jesus isnt a get clean message. Jesus is freedom from sin. There is nothing unclean in it of itself. There is nothing that goes into a man that defiles him, but that which comes out, that is what defiles him. Jesus can change your heart, all things become new. including how you view drugs and how you consume them.
Im not saying clean is the way, im saying Jesus Christ is.

PS i have never been to a rehab so i wouldnt know their approaches

california poppy has uses but i mentioned both, one for sleep, the other for WD symptoms if you need an opiate to come down off of high doses.

Whatever the case I wish you the best on your journey. IV’ing morphine since 13 isn’t an easy habit to get over so I hope you do update us on how things go for you. I first tried morphine at 15 but thankfully didn’t get a good habit going til 17 or so. I’ve been off heroin about 12yrs and been using suboxone in a similar way you use opium, only .75mg a day now but my body can’t handle not having it yet.

-GC

I'm going to move this to H&R. I'm not sure that this is the right place for it. Someone may move it again. MH => H&R (I think it would go better in OD but there's the biblical stuff... I dunno @n3ophy7e, help me out here.)

What sect of Christianity are you a part of @OpiumWDsoldier? I ask because you've got a couple of things going for you in your biblical citations that make me curious.
I am a bible believing Christian. if you want to be specific i would say baptist. but plainly i believe what the bible says not what a man tells me or says that it says.

Whatever the case I wish you the best on your journey. IV’ing morphine since 13 isn’t an easy habit to get over so I hope you do update us on how things go for you. I first tried morphine at 15 but thankfully didn’t get a good habit going til 17 or so. I’ve been off heroin about 12yrs and been using suboxone in a similar way you use opium, only .75mg a day now but my body can’t handle not having it yet.

-GC

I will pray for you. Those last bits can be hard, I found WD from high and low doses does make a difference but some of the WD symptoms are always there. For instance my heroin and morphine use had me in horrible WD, the worst, same with methadone, the opium it isnt as bad like the RLS is hardly there. but the other symptoms still shine though. I will pray that you receive the strength to overcome that last hurdle.

God Bless

OpiumWDsoldier

I am a bible believing Christian. if you want to be specific i would say baptist. but plainly i believe what the bible says not what a man tells me or says that it says.
You believe the literal word of the Bible as you interpret it?

theres no interpretation if you just read what it says. not twist the words to mean what you want them to mean. use a study bible to get the proper definitions and meaning.
like peter says, no scripture of prophecy is of any private interpretation.

theres no interpretation if you just read what it says. not twist the words to mean what you want them to mean. use a study bible to get the proper definitions and meaning.
like peter says, no scripture of prophecy is of any private interpretation.

Except that the words have been twisted by man, from the moment is what written, and from each subsequent translation.

Alright man, this is kinda starting to irritate me. Again before you preach, ACT! Get clean and then we can all marvel at how Jesus saved you, until then you sound pretentious talking like your already there when you haven’t even gotten close. Opium is still very much using..

-GC

that irritates you? i never said Jesus will get you clean. ill say it again, Jesus will free you from sin, along with that is giving you temperance to control yourself. Ive done clean but im too sore to take care of my family. Nevertheless its good to clean your system now and again. Jesus said there is nothing unclean in it of itself. nothing that goes into you can defile you, that includes alcohol. what comes out of a man, that is what defiles him. the reason why being clean from drugs and alcohol is a thing with Christianity is because those things can CAUSE you to sin. to lie, to cheat, to steal, act unloving or whatever. the drug or booze causes you to commit sinful acts. using a drug is not sinful, abusing a drug is, so is letting it cause you to defile your conscience.
my testimony clearly stated i went from using heroin IV for pleasure, to now taking a tea to function.
The bible says all things were given to be taken with thanksgiving. Read Romans chapter 14, talks about it a little, so do the Gospels of Mark, Matt, Luke and John. The problem with the world is they think God cares about legalism. (what you eat, drink, how you live... he doesnt care whatsoever). Jesus died so we can be free from all that nonsense and live out our lives loving one another, bringing ppl up rather than tearing them down. Overcome the evil with good. To treat those who have done evil to you with kindness. This is Jesus Christ, not whether you smoke or not. dont matter.

Also, the King James Version is a direct translation from the Greek, and the hebrew of the old testament, so thats a fallacy God haters like to spread.
if you were talking about other translations i would agree with you, but not the KJV

What about homosexuality
what about it? thats a very small thing in the bible. The bible says we ALL are going to hell for our sins, whether your gay or not. look at the ten commandments to reflect who you are to God. Have you ever lied? have you ever stolen? have you ever taken Gods holy name in vain? have you ever lusted after a woman (or man) that you were not married to? we all have. we all have broken the law. Jesus paid the fine. Yes homosexuality is a sin, one that the holy spirit would cure you from. But not only that, Jesus will cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
There's nothing you can do to make it to heaven, we are all sinners, we all failed. We were born into it. Sold under sin. Jesus can correct that, you come as you are and say you believe him, and if you really do then these things start to slowly melt away, one by one.
Jesus taught us to love one another, regardless of who you are, or what you have done or how you live. But the bible says we cannot clean up our act, we are saved by grace through faith, God promises he will take your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

“i never said Jesus will get you clean. ill say it again, Jesus will free you from sin”

Did you not write this?..

“Once you have it you will have the will power to stop these drugs or at least control them. all in Christ Jesus this is possible. I was a hopeless addict using heroin IV upwards of 5 times a day, now i drink a tea in the morning. Even that will go in time thank the Lord.”

People irritate me when they don’t keep to their word and talk with hypocrisy. Something very common in the Christian faith and even worse in denominations like Baptism. The reason that I can’t do Christianity despite trying time and again, the actions and words never match up.

Ill pray for your soul that you find your way.

-GC