• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The College Football Playoff v. Chances of a Badger National Championship

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
How is this going to shake out? Does Ohio state still get in? They're not even playing in the big ten championship! If my Badgers win that big 10 title, are they in the final four? Even if they're one and done I'll be stoked! Great year to do it too, with the packers dropping like flies and picking up players off of lomabardi ave!

So what's your guys' take on the college football playoff?

Needs to be 8 teams tbh

- 5 power conference (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, PAC-12) champions

(big 12 needs a championship game for real)

- 3 at large bids

I think that would be pretty fair.

All they really did was take the BCS, and apply it to 4 teams instead of 2 with some human input.

And I wish a team like Western Michigan would get a shot in the playoff (8 team only not 4 though)

and if Penn St wins the Big 10 and Ohio St gets in over them that would really irk me the wrong way

I get the whole "well you can't sit here and tell me Penn St is a better team then Ohio St"

And you're right, I can't because they're not a better team

But then I'd have to ask the question,

why even play the fucking games?

Wisconsin is a different story because they lost to Ohio St.

Idk, I guess I put a lot of stock into head to head results but we'all see how the committee feels about it

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said, but the badgers lost to OSU in OT. It was a very close game. I know OSU is the most talented big 10 team, but they're not even in the conference championship game.

I posted this in the Iron Bowl thread, but CFB in general has been having an off year in my opinion. "The Game" had a decent ending, but neither team looked all that good at all. Bama's D looked good in the Iron Bowl, but the rest of the team was a mess. QB play in particular has not been great this year. I'm just hoping for some good bowl games and hopefully a better year next year.

And if they really wanted to make the games count, as is so often touted by college football fanatics, they'd take

5 power conference champions

Top 3 teams from the other conference champions

And that's IT

Oh you didn't win your super money making all about business anyway conference?

Q fucking Q

Have a nice New Years on the couch. But at least you can still go to the Sham-Wow Bowl or w/e

I hate how certain teams get the benefit of the doubt just because they're traditional powerhouse schools

"Dude, you KNOW Ohio St is a better team"

"Dude, you KNOW Michigan should be in the playoff"

Uh, no actually, I don't fucking know. I know they're capable of beating teams, and capable of losing to teams

But if you just go by conference champions, it takes out any of the opinions (for the most part).

Granted, there's more than 8 conferences but I think it would be easy to tell if the American conference champion was more deserving than the Sun Belt champion or w/e

The only thing that would be necessary to debate would be the seeding of the teams

^ I don't mind that idea.

I just don't want to see Washington in the playoff.. The pac 12 is weak AF! And I guarantee you, washington will get their ass whooped by any of the other 3 teams.. Its a waste of a playoff spot..

It used to be you had to be ranked #1 and #2 to make the national championship game, and they only gave those rankings to powerhouse teams. The playoff made it a little better, but not by much! Its like if you lose one time during the season, you can kiss a title goodbye.. If youre not a fan of an sec team, or ohio state, you have to go undefeated, and even then those teams will prolly get in before you! This is why I hate college football!

I'm just pissed Washington is getting in over Wisconsin! Sure WI has 1 more loss, but they lost to the #3 and #2 teams in the country by a combined 10 points.. They played 6 top 10 teams! Who the fuck did Washington play??! Washington state? USC? They lost to USC anyways, the one good team they played, and they got blown out!

Yeah I'm a homer, but that isn't skewing my opinion.. I think Michigan and Ohio State should get in over Washington.. And if Penn State wins the big10 championship, they should get in over them too!

Last edited:
Bama didn't even play there C game on offense tonight and we put up 50! Bring on the playoffs!

Barring anything unforeseen (basically Clemson losing to VT)

The CFP is going to be

1- Alabama
2- Ohio St
3- Clemson
4- Washington

Bama over Washington

OSU over Clemson

Bama over OSU

and everyone who "matters" gets paid whooooo spirit of competition

BCS was corrupt they said

Yo dawg, we heard you like corrupt postseason systems, so we took your corrupt postseason system and replaced it with an equally avaricious system

i want huskies to win so bad but this playoff is just forcing us to watch two shitty over hyped games. bama and OSU blow away the competition
UW and clemson would be fun to watch in a orange or sugar or fiesta bowl

I hate when people use the margin of loss as reasoning for judging a teams merit

a loss is a loss IMO

When you start throwing subjective things around is when you ruin the process.

"Well they were never IN the game"

"They were looking ahead to the next week"

"They're a different team now then they were in September"

Just stop. I hate when opinions determine things that should be pretty black or white.

There really isn't any logical reason to not have a full fledged playoff system for D1 college football. There's a whole lot of economical reasons though, and the people in charge of those interests are in the position to have a bigger say than any pure fan of the sport. They aren't football fans, they're box seat bitches who just want an event to bring their friends to and talk about insider trading or whatever the fuck these people do

Oh and hey, if the game is good than that's cool too. If it's lame, well hey that's cool too. Either way I'm gonna leave here in my Maserati

i want to say margin of victory stopped meaning anything once BCS went away

but i think when you have to decide a tight #4 they need to address their reasoning, bringing transparency and bullshit
just to hear that 5 team fan base' phone calls to poison control

and pitt should be rewarded for beating the 3 and 5 team, straight cash

gophs vs wash st in holiday bowl is going to be fun. last time gophs played vs mike leach was in a bowl game 10? years ago vs Tex tech, gophs blew a 31-7 4th qtr lead, resulting in glen mason getting fired(you don't fire a coach over a bowl game melt down! but i think he was canned for blowing way too many way to large leads vs wisconsin, michigan and iowa throughout the years)...i miss that dude's offense, is big ten networks best color guy...unless for some reason you like matt millen 8).......... but post-mason/brewster it's been fun having a legit defense not serving up 35 a game

it should be a fun game, wazzou is a typical mike leach team and gophers play like it's the 1940s and their strength is their defensive backs

watch out for antoine winfield jr, all big ten freshman CB, gonna be richer than daddy one day

I am excited to see the progress Jalen Hurt makes with a full month of practice to fine tune his mechanics and decision making. Most people don't realize how good Bamas WR core is because we haven't had to really throw the ball around this year. Calvin Ridley would be a Heisman contender in a air raid offense. Then we have this kid Diggs who's brother plays for the Vikings. Mark my words everyone will know his name after the playoffs.

I am excited to see the progress Jalen Hurt makes with a full month of practice to fine tune his mechanics and decision making. Most people don't realize how good Bamas WR core is because we haven't had to really throw the ball around this year. Calvin Ridley would be a Heisman contender in a air raid offense. Then we have this kid Diggs who's brother plays for the Vikings. Mark my words everyone will know his name after the playoffs.

First off War Eagle, buck Fama. I dont think bamas offense is where it should be just yet, but Hurts is gonna get yall there next season no doubt. If Auburns offense was healthy I think the iron bowl would have been a "Classic" this year, Auburns defense was the only one this year too bring enough pressure to throw hurts and company off, but we ain't #2 SEC for no reason. Jalen is great, but the Alabama defense dude? That is by far the best defense I think I have ever watched, I honestly felt like we were playing against 2 full defensive units at once, I mean god damn, how are they so fast??

I stand by the saying, "Offense wins games, Defense wins championships" ain't nobody else in the playoffs stand a chance this time around against those ugly ass Saban boys, we need wild card slots, cuz I think Penn St. Would have been the only team to beat Bama after Auburn couldn't, they just got the mojo. I Fuckin hate it, but go get em Big brother, keep the state in it, but War Eagle...

Why does anyone else even bother honestly, yall do realize that a team from the great state of Alabama has been in all but 1 championship game since '09 right? And if those 2 teams didn't play each other every year to cap the season, they would most likely BOTH go to the playoffs every year...get the fuck outta here.

Honestly college football isn't even that popular where I live because we follow the NFL.

I understand your passion though. If my area wasn't financially and culturally capable of providing a team in the NFL I'd probably be just as into college football as you

You know, that league where Nick Saban tried and failed horribly to coach in? That one where you can't prey on young men needing to get exposure because they want to get drafted as high as possible, but have to deal with grown ass men who want a lot of different things. Where the best players usually come from schools outside of Alabama.

Nbdjs

Honestly college football isn't even that popular where I live because we follow the NFL.

I understand your passion though. If my area wasn't financially and culturally capable of providing a team in the NFL I'd probably be just as into college football as you

You know, that league where Nick Saban tried and failed horribly to coach in? That one where you can't prey on young men needing to get exposure because they want to get drafted as high as possible, but have to deal with grown ass men who want a lot of different things. Where the best players usually come from schools outside of Alabama.

Nbdjs

Fuck is your problem? You think money and culture keep alabama from starting a NFL team? You do realize you can't just up and make a team and waltz in to the NFL, at least 2 teams would have to be created, and then go through the expansion draft ( which no coach wants to do). The NFL is fun to watch every now and then to me, but I can't get into the attitude. College players still have heart, there's no million dollar salary, they play ball and go back to the dorm rooms. Those kids play out of a passion, not for a paycheck. The majority of those ugly crimson wearing bama boys will never play the sport again after the season, that's pure raw emotions they show, not a stupid ass TD dance....the league can keep you as a fan, you couldn't handle a Saturday down south anyhow

alabama will turn the tides in football 4evas!
roll tide!

Fuck is your problem? You think money and culture keep alabama from starting a NFL team? You do realize you can't just up and make a team and waltz in to the NFL, at least 2 teams would have to be created, and then go through the expansion draft ( which no coach wants to do).
NFL franchises can and do relocate though, and Alabama is never considered as a potential destination for a team. He's right that the area just can't support a pro team (in any sport).

The NFL is fun to watch every now and then to me, but I can't get into the attitude. College players still have heart, there's no million dollar salary, they play ball and go back to the dorm rooms. Those kids play out of a passion, not for a paycheck. The majority of those ugly crimson wearing bama boys will never play the sport again after the season, that's pure raw emotions they show, not a stupid ass TD dance....the league can keep you as a fan, you couldn't handle a Saturday down south anyhow
I used to think this too when I lived in the South. Now, I don't really buy that argument anymore. Pro players play with heart too, and the elite players in college are playing for their careers just like guys in the pros are. Games are more likely to be enjoyable to watch in the pros as most teams can execute a coherent offense and defense, and the teams are more evenly matched. College football is rife with teams that can't compete against each other and teams that have huge resource advantages against one another. You get lots of games that wind up with blowouts or lots of punts. These are much less likely in the pros.

This season in particular was really difficult for me in terms of watching college football. I haven't seen a really good game yet this year. Hopefully the NC will be good though.

Bama has too start playing better offense. Glad we are up 14-7 but we need 21 points in 2nd half to win