• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

the clear-concentrates

chrisinabox

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone who has tried this particular concentrate knows if it, or any BHO for that matter, has many cannabinoids, or is it mainly just THC, when comparing to flowers/buds which are full of many difffent cannabinoids?

If anyone knows, please answer.

Concentrates contain mainly THC, but include others too. I think it depends on the plant that it was extracted from. If it was a high CBD plant, the concentrate from it will have high CBD (and so on).

The majority of concentrates are mostly THC with small amounts of CBD and other cannabinoids. I don't know if that is because the plant generally contains similar ratios or if THC is more readily extracted by butane method. I would be willing to bet that you can find concentrate that has really high ratios of cannbinoids compared to THC though, might be hard to find depending on where you live though.

I am not sure what "the clear" truly is. I do know that when you extract THC with butane there are also other components that end up in the extraction. I would imagine it is untrue that "street level" dabs have that high of a THC content. I am not saying it isnt high it is definitely 50-70% on average and the rest is different hydrocarbon chains which create a sort of oil that gets hard when its cool and sticky when heated.

You can further manipulate the dabs and separate the oils from the waxes and through methods the heavier constituents from the lighter ones. I have often wondered what would happen if i liquefied the amber sheet like dabs i get and put them into a centrifuge, it should be like blood where "all of the sudden" there is a slight clear layer on the top representing the lighter portion, and a heavier wax like substance on the bottom. Perhaps this top layer is clear?

I really have no idea. I do know that the best oil i can get from the dispensary is about 90%, this leads me to believe my street dabs are about 50-70%.

imo the only difference between street level quality and dispensary quality is who you know. a lot of stuff begins at the same place.

imo the only difference between street level quality and dispensary quality is who you know. a lot of stuff begins at the same place.

True for buds but when you extract something it's a bit different. There is a difference between oil and wax after all.

it's the same difference really. someone somewhere has to make it, more often than not it isn't the clubs it is some guy at home.

you don't even need a closed loop system to dewax. I agree some of the best stuff goes to the club, but ime the difference is marginal overall. the same people who are taking it to clubs are giving it to friends.

No its a separated constituent of extracted cannabis oil, your choice in solvent doesnt effect much other then what compounds you pull from the biomass. The whole point of a solvent is so none of it gets left in the end product. I really think the analogy of blood and plasma works here because blood is red but a small part of that red stuff is clear and requires more work to remove.

It is not better then blood or more concentrated then blood but rather a minor constituent of blood that when you see it you go "theres clear stuff in that red stainy stuff?"... but what do i know? ;)

*it should be noted I seriously dont know. Someone once asked me how I thought it could be done and that was my response*

Last edited:
I've heard that it's just distilled BHO/Co2 extracts that have higher amounts of concentrated cannabinoids since it's a further refined product. That's why they typically have no terps unless they're added after the process.

This is all just word of mouth though, I really am not sure either lol

^that's correct. It's steam distilled. Not even necessarily BHO, it can start out as CO2 or alcohol extract as well. Though it began as something to do with low-grade BHO to clean it up, but then evolved as a way to make CO2 concentrates more pleasant.

Definitely a high cannabinoid content, I think most solvent-less "Clear"-type concentrates are in the 80s in terms of potency. Almost all I've seen are THC-rich. The only CBD one I've seen is by CannaKids (only in California).

According to a fairly big oil and extractor manufacturer up in the Seattle area, there are many factors that will affect the color of the final product. Some of the big ones are the condition of the buds/material before/during the extraction(fresher material will leave a more translucent finish, older material will leave a darker color), and the temperature of the solvent and material during the extraction process(higher temps = more chlorophyll and a darker finish, but not necessarily bad or burnt). Darker colored buds such as purples will have a darker finished product than light colored buds such as jack herrer. Dewaxing can make the oil into a lighter color and remove some of the remaining plant material but doesn't equate to a "clear".

There are many factors that come into play and color is by no means an immediate way to determine potency or even flavor. I've had some very dark live resin made from a purple that was some of the best oil I've had. Super terpy, full of flavor, very potent and not harsh. It is also possible to have some translucent oil yet have very little flavor or potency.. but typically the "clear" ones are of high grade.