• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The chemistry behind pharmacology?

raising_da_piggy

Bluelighter
Can people please suggest a forum which is open to discussion on clandestine chemistry? It seems very few people can be asked with me on this forum and that's fine, coz I only really care about speed chemistry, and see'ing mini pfaudlers littering my inviroment puts me on edge.
It's like when you see a traffic cone put on top of a statue or some thing in the street...
You just think 'student' automatically .
Also whilst I have your attention
Can you please give me information on amphetamines in the UK...any thing,any old ion will suffice!

You know, I can't recall the last time anyone has gotten a warning for synthesis discussion in NSPD. I think if you kept discussion to generalized topics, I.e. whether one synthetic route might be safer or produce cleaner material than another, and avoided getting too specific, you would be welcome there.

You know, I can't recall the last time anyone has gotten a warning for synthesis discussion in NSPD. I think if you kept discussion to generalized topics, I.e. whether one synthetic route might be safer or produce cleaner material than another, and avoided getting too specific, you would be welcome there.

Ok, I have that kind of a question: if I have a water insoluble alcohol and carboxylic acid with boiling points over 160 degrees Celsius, will their mixture esterify without catalyst if heated to high enough temperature? I mean, just by loss of water vapor driving the equilibrium forward.

If the acidity of the carboxylic acid is strong enough, maybe. There would likely be side reactions at very high temperatures neccesary to react though, so I would rather use some sort of carboxylic acid activating agent... similar to the logic behind Hardison's LSD synthesis with PyBOP, combining the carboxylate and an "activating agent" forms a highly reactive species, that then reacts with the alcohol you add next, cleanly and without other side reactions.Many reagents can do this, from phosphoryl chloride to trichlorotriazene, CDI, PyBop and beyond.

Ok, thanks. The main compound I was thinking about was the ester of p-coumaric acid and 2-phenylethanol, which should be a short-acting MAO-B inhibitor with nanomolar affinity. The double bond in the acid could probably be something that can be destroyed by heating.

One of the tricks I learned as a process chemist is to look for someone who has already made your compound (or a close analogue) before approaching it on first principles.

You're in luck, actually. It's not the compound you want exactly, but it's a general recipe using the old classic coupling reagent, dicyclohexyl carbodiimide (DCC), that should be adaptable. I found this, specifically:
Esterification of cinnamic acids with N-protected amino alcohol[30]. Cinnamic acids(1.5mmol), DCC (1.5 mmol) and DMAP (0.0224mmol) are dissolved in 10mL of dry THF. The reaction mixture is stirred under argon at 0Сand then, after 10 min N-protected amino alcohol (0.6 mmol) is added. The mixture is kept under vigorous stirring and cooling (0С) for 60 min and then is allowed to stand at room temperature overnight. The residue of dicyclohexylcarbamide is filtered and washed with cold ethyl acetate. The combined solutions are evaporated under vacuum and the residueis purified by column chromatography on silica

Your "cinnamic acid" would be the p-coumaric acid, and instead of the amino alcohol, use your 2-phenylethanol. Use the same molarity, recalculate the weights to account for different masses of your starting materials and I think it's workable. (You may not need to purify by column chromatography, depending.) The usual twiddles may be made too, e.g. Ar is not critical, temperature can vary, solvent is not strictly required to be as specified, etc.

However, I hate to spoil your fun, but I suspect that such a compound would only be a good drug when you're measuring it directly against MAO enzymes in a petri dish. For a compound to work as a "drug" and be orally/centrally active or have a half life greater than a minute or two, it needs to have certain properties to allow it to get from your stomach, through the liver, into the blood, past the blood brain barrier, and then to the target enzymes it acts upon. Notably to me, it's not particularly water soluble. I think it will fall under the same class as quercetin, which looks nice in a petri dish, but in real life cannot even make it out of your gut into your blood. Nice opportunity to learn about esterification though?

Another class of selective MAO-B inhibitor I found was this 3-benzyloxy nitrostyrene:

Someone asked about those nitrostyrenes on the psychedelic subforum... If some of them are unselective w.r.t. MAO A and B, they could cause a hypertensive crisis if present as an impurity in some drug synthesis product.

Psychedelic chemistry is interesting. There were two groups on fb that were dedicated to just that. They got shut down about a year ago. If u want meth synth just search around. Some of us were discussing it Th is week .

No, blacklight doesn't exist anymore unfortunately, I've asked about it but never got any answer :/ Really didn't think the police/courts etc could do anything about theoretic discussion, some of that stuff is published in books etc ... of course they don't like it but my understanding was that at least in some countries this sort of legal action, to shut down a site because of them not liking it would be straight out illegal. Doesn't surprise me though. :(

You can find some of uncle fester's stuff online. I can't speak for it's reliability but it may be of some use

of course they don't like it but my understanding was that at least in some countries this sort of legal action, to shut down a site because of them not liking it would be straight out illegal. Doesn't surprise me though. :(
Blacklight shut down for financial reasons, also a lot of the members (Enkidu, Murphy, vecktor, biochemist) just moved on and didn't post anymore so it didn't make sense to keep it going.

Since you're discussing a simple esterification leading to a non-recreational compound, you would likely be welcome at Sciencemadness. They ban drug discussion, mostly to keep out people asking about makeshift Birch reductions and other "spoonfeeding", but it generally only applies to recreational drugs (antibiotics are fine, for example).

Can you please give me information on amphetamines in the UK...any thing,any old ion will suffice!

If your on about base and not meth I take it with MDMA at raves as it levels it out, without base I hate MDMA on its own as it makes me depressed soon as it kicks in, it makes me jittery, paranoid and sketchy, I can't dance or anything, and I get bad back, kidneys I think, it's horrible without base

But the last time I bought it I got sold speed, I'm not even sure it has much amphetamine in it, someone mixed this crap with water and froze it so it looked like base

Its still in my freezer but it's turned to powder as its been in there over a year, before that I bought some fucking rocket fuel lol

Also my mate has had some really strong base recently so it's about in the UK

Can people please suggest a forum which is open to discussion on clandestine chemistry? It seems very few people can be asked with me on this forum and that's fine, coz I only really care about speed chemistry, and see'ing mini pfaudlers littering my inviroment puts me on edge.
It's like when you see a traffic cone put on top of a statue or some thing in the street...
You just think 'student' automatically .
Also whilst I have your attention
Well, I was doing my clandestine experiments back when Totse2 was still up and about. Better living through chemistry, I worked with a bunch of gentlemen to perfect the SnB technique.

Totse and totse2 are gone. I actually went looking through sites with recipes last night and the very first one I looked at was a guaranteed fire, so do your research and please be careful.