• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The changing faces of alcohol...

^ Heh, I definitely would have bought that beer as well :)

Just to clarify the analogy I was (rather badly) trying to make in my OP regarding booze and MDMA, what I was getting at is that while the 'MDMA is MDMA' argument is valid in as much as the molecule itself is consistent, ethanol clearly highlights how perceived effects of a substance can vary wildly with the way it is made, dosage, dilution and additives (active or not).

Some interesting responses here. It seems I'm not alone in finding the psychoactive effects of wine not very appealing. Give me a good port anyday.

I find that early in the buzz alcohol affects me in different ways depending on what i am drinking but if i drink enough i always end up in the same place if that makes sense.
On the subject of wine, well i love the stuff. I drink a lot of pinot noir as i find it goes so well with most foods and its one of the few reds that are nice chilled. But i can see what you mean. Wine gets people pretty smashed pretty quickly often with interesting results.

^ Heh, I definitely would have bought that beer as well :)

Just to clarify the analogy I was (rather badly) trying to make in my OP regarding booze and MDMA, what I was getting at is that while the 'MDMA is MDMA' argument is valid in as much as the molecule itself is consistent, ethanol clearly highlights how perceived effects of a substance can vary wildly with the way it is made, dosage, dilution and additives (active or not).

Some interesting responses here. It seems I'm not alone in finding the psychoactive effects of wine not very appealing. Give me a good port anyday.

With all due respect FUBAR, I'd like to highlight the fact that the main reason of "different perceivable effects of ethanol" mainly lies in different absorption rates. Drinking 20+ beers and downing two bottles of 70cl whiskey/vodka or any 40% spirit is quite different, even though the alcoholic content is very similar/ close.

I don't find there to be stark differences in intoxication, but I do agree spirits can be more "energetic" at first but can quickly lead to blackouts whereas this is harder with beer (Although not impossible).

I used to enjoy fine wines, and some good quality beers. For wine Shiraz was one of my favourite garpes, I don't like Merlot and Chardonnay. As for beers I quite liked ales and stouts, although pilsner was/is the norm due to domestic popularity.

I wanna point out that the different types of booze don't do anything different for me, I mean I never get a hightened sense and perception of music, on the contrary my taste in music goes to shit and I end up listening to things I normally wouldn't listen to, or things I listened to years ago. Some people seem to absolutely love listening to music drunk, I mean I enjoy it but not like when I'm sober, stoned, high or tripping, and in a very different way. Life can get more interesting or bearable, but this doesn't depend on the type of booze I consumed.

As for sex, booze makes it quite bad. It makes it considerably easier to get into that position, i.e to fuck someone, but the overall experience is never really good. Takes me ages to cum.

@ consumer that bottle is brilliant, when I was in oz I discovered the cans of bourbon/Coke mix we had fuck all like that here 15 years ago.
I loved the pint cans of big Jim (beam)and the drive through bottle stops ( off licence) blew my mind , just drive in tell what you want and they load your boot up. Loved it !

Yeah its a classic bottle! I couldn't resist it. Dont you guys have drive thru bottlos? Drive in, fill up, drive out. Makes buying piss quick and easy.

Yeah its a classic bottle! I couldn't resist it. Dont you guys have drive thru bottlos? Drive in, fill up, drive out. Makes buying piss quick and easy.

As strange as this sound - I sort of do. Due to the restrictions of alcohol sales there are a group of guys that hang around the liquor store to take orders - I could tell these guys I want this and they would run to the shop for me. Not sure if that is the same thing