• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Boondocks

frizzantik

Bluelight Crew
So there's an animated version of the comic strip 'The Boondocks' on the cartoon network.. it's pretty funny. I just watched the episode where Charlie Murphy and Samuel Jackson are the voices of two ghetto white kids. there's some great samuel jackson lines where he combines classic Pulp Fiction with some classic Rumsfeld. i was laghing my ass off.. "There are known knowns, and there are unknown unkwowns".. "What?"..."Say what again muthafucka!"

that was probably one of the greatest episodes I've ever seen.

'Do they speak english in WHAT?'

Did anyone see the latest episode? (jan 22nd 2006)

The one where grandpa freeman starts the restaurant with the white businessman . . . . .

That was the most clever ending I have ever seen for any tv show/movie. Dunno why it struck me so hard, but it did.

"It's the Itis!!!"

The Boondocks has got to be one of the funniest, most fearless, and most sorely needed satires I've ever seen. The M.L.K episode was the best yet. Surpasses Chris Rock for culturally critical/conscious comedy as it relates to the destructive elements of "Urban" culture. "...booty butt booty booty butt..."

Rapper: "I got shot!"

Audience: "I got shot!"

[Three guys run up on stage, shoot rapper, then run]

Rapper: "I got shot!"

Audience: I got shot!

Rapper: "I got shot for real!!"

Audience: "I got shot for real!!"

:D

I love this show so fuckin much, it is the best show that has been made this year without a doubt. They say shit on that show that grown men are scared to say. they say shit other peopel wont, they aint PC, they aint tryina please people, they are saying stand up and take notice cuz im infiltrating this shit with my little cartoon that yall will laugh at cuz its cartoon network, but underneath that is a message that we aint fuckin around.

it has th epower to make people think and it straight up confronts issues that are 'taboo' when it comes to race relations in the US.

Aside from the fact that straight up its just plain hilarious. =D

This is right up there with aqua teens as my favorite shit.

i dont know if they show this in other countries but even if they did, i dont think they would understand any of it, but for us in the US its saying the shit people are thinking while still being enjoyable to watch and not overdramatic or depressing after a phatty blunt.

frizzantik said:
"There are known knowns, and there are unknown unkwowns".. "What?"..."Say what again muthafucka!"

Lol, I think i'm going to have to watch it just for that.

That episode was in fuckin sane.

I wasnt just smoked out, i was HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH when i turned it on, so holy shit it was crazy when i realized how that episode was one big metaphor for the war in Iraq. it threw my head for a loop for a while afterwards, the shit was genius.

One of the best shows on television... and they have Charlie Murphy voicing a white dude, which is funny as hell.

i cant believe there is only 11 replies to this shit. show is too good for its own good.

every fuckin week that i see it it just gets better and better. i cant say enough good things about it.

"Thats why houses have FOUR walls."

Hey, DVD of all season 1 episodes came out today! I LOVE this show!!! Too bad season 2 isn't until next year :(

i bought the dvd and i have to say the uncle ruckus commentaries are fucking hilarious. watch the MLK Jr. one w/ ruckus talking about it.

i watched this last night bc of this thread, and it was pretty damn funny.
lookin forward to others

Must admit this show is awesome for its boldness. There is a certain attitude that even more adult comedies are afraid to fully show. I have only seen a few episodes that an acquaintance has managed to download, and I believe a few episodes were up to watch for free on 'you tube' or 'google video' or something. I particularly liked the Christmas episode, where the smart kid starts to debunk all the myths in the bible about freezing winters in Palestine, the pagan festival of Saturnalia but gets cut off because his story is too boring, lacking popular 'sex appeal'. Too true about apathetic and ignorant western culture all round, but obviously more so to African Americans. Meanwhile the other kid is hell bent on shooting the santa claus at the local shopping centre for some light hearted comedy.

"You gotta pay what you owe!"

Hopefully SBS will one day air The Boondocks on free to air TV, as they did with Samurai Champloo, for it to get some real exposure. Surprisingly Adult Swim cartoons haven't graced the small screen in Australia yet!

God bless America, if only for their cartoons;)

I liked the one where the lil kid was taking graffiti lessons from that painter guy on PBS.

I freaking love Boondocks. Amazing show that more people need to see.

The show is pure genius. They way they tackle political, social, and economic issues is amazing. There a meaning in everything thats going on in the show. I love it.