• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Bluelight 2.0.08 splash page discussion!

FINE! HAVE YOUR FUCKING TACOS!!!
newBL2.jpg

i see the word taco, which is a step in the right direction
but i dont see a picture of a taco
when i see the word taco and not a picture of one, i get confused
plus, the picture of the taco represents bluelights virility

nappy head hos

^im sure the expertise will be needed, just as soon as this is no longer a source of amusement in the lounge.

I'm starting a mailing list for all interested parties becoz there is no way a bunch of people r going to finish this and make it worthwhile. SERIOUS plp apply only. Maybe drop yer credentials as well. Becoz u are dealing with PROFESSIONALS here. WE do this for a LIVING. I have a BFA. And I'm an allpy. I know more about art/Art then you could possibly imagine.

All those with time to spare and are pros, plz apply we need you! We cannot do this alone!

PM me. Chrissie, get off the couch and take a run at typefaces. You are a pro designer.

And for all those dinks requesting tacos, I understand that humor. I'm a sick fuck as well. But we are trying to be discrete.

We have 10 days starting now. Deadline is 21st. Get crackin' crackers.

I'm Really startin to think this whole "contest" business is bs. Whats the point?
Who gives flying a f**k about some sort of prestige at bluelight? I just want bluelight to look better and work better. Its ok now. And I agree any forward direction has to be really well thought out. Maybe to appeaze our public a taco may be appropriate at the bottom page. The masses have spoken!

I mean having a time restriction on such a massive project is insane! I would suggest pushing back the deadline. Coz I mean are we actually going to implement the change? Or is this all for just shits and giggles?

Either that or we change the whole assignment coz doing MARKUP for the frontpage is
building a Scottish castle unto itself...rofl. Like from a design standpoint its pretty hairy to begin with.

Coz I have to say the bluelight as a webpage functions well but the design of the place
is like some sort of meth/coke psychosis frankenstein...

The idea was brought up and people seemed to like it, so I created the contest. I personally think that the front page functions just fine. This isn't about prestige, just trying to spice things up. But from the responses, it doesn't appear as though anyone is going to enter.

^^
At this point, I think the front page functions just fine. It's nicely organized, very nice color scheme, seems to be pretty concisely coded. Only thing I would change is the header graphic... maybe do something a little less minimal.

Honestly though, if we go through all the trouble of designing new graphics and style sheets for the front page, why the hell don't we take it that one step further and redo the whole shebang?

I am currently amassing the Empire. We probably have 3-4 people so far. I have taken the reins as Project Manager. Coz I don't do drugs anymore. Maybe weak coffee. And advil. And probably weird brain chems....that I produce naturally. But yeah. Design and implementation in 10 days? No waaaayyy....Its not going to happen.

guineaPig said:
how about....we just take BL as it is NOW...and like..make EVERYTHING fucking FLASH bright colors while playing the macarena in the bacground...or...any DDR track....
that'd be DOPE.

Yes! lets do that! that gets my vote! (I like things that flash...) then BL would be the place to go while on E or shrooms or anything fun like that.... there can be an entire section devoted JUST to bright flashy things! =D =D =D

new bl logo v.01b

as you can see i went with a completely different style for the logo. i believe it brings new presence to bluelight and sets the tone for a new improved website.

this is basically the beta version so i could get everyones initial ideas and thoughts. i'm totally up for a new type if chrissie wants to design one. i have a few other minor changes and actionscript add-ons to finish developing as well. for the site i recommend we redo the css (colors at least) and maybe a few other small graphics and possibly interactive features.

oh and yeah i want vpa back.

NeoMagic said:
new bl logo v.01b

as you can see i went with a completely different style for the logo. i believe it brings new presence to bluelight and sets the tone for a new improved website.

this is basically the beta version so i could get everyones initial ideas and thoughts. i'm totally up for a new type if chrissie wants to design one. i have a few other minor changes and actionscript add-ons to finish developing as well. for the site i recommend we redo the css (colors at least) and maybe a few other small graphics and possibly interactive features.

oh and yeah i want vpa back.
That's fucking SIIIIIIICK!
=D=D

i think the text gets lost in the blue-wave thing a bit and the sparkles coming off the 'i' are a little bit tacky but, that aside, it looks really great.

alasdair

It needs to be darker on the left. The white is too bright. Maybe have a shift from a white to a light blue?

You need to have "bluelight" visible. Coz plp r going to be wtf is that? Like plp who have been here a while understand it. But new plp are going to be what is that?

The font's okay I guess. It could be better. And I agree that its too large.
But the sizing is something that WE have to work on, coz we prob have to rethink the whole layout of the splash page.

Coz everything has to fit in with that font. Thats why typesetting is important.

But nice job! I'm just tossing in some constructive criticism. For those folks who have been at an art critque, I'm being nice. :D :D So stfu if u think its insulting.

originally i had planned for a static wave spectrum so bluelight stood out more and then animate the waves with a mouse-ever effect. i however decided for the beta release i would leave the waves animated and at 150 height so you could see what the entire spectrum looked like.

i assume once chrissie replys we will head in a different type direction so i'll wait on her before adjusting the light dynamics. the speckles you see are actually meant to be high intensity beams of light and not girly sparkles...lol.

You guys can go in whatever direction you'd like, so long as it follows the rules. Everyone will get the chance to vote for what they want :)