Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - Second iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salvia and derealization

Hey guys. Earlier today I smoked a few flakes of 20x salvia (not enough to break through) using a small piece of cannabis as a screen. Obviously I torched a good portion of it and ended up high, but I also began to feel the dissociative effects of the salvia. At one point, I didn't recognize what my desk was; I was asking my friends what it was doing there.

Anyway, that lasted for a few minuets and then I gradually came down. At that point I was still somewhat high from the cannabis and just started to relax and enjoy the ride.

Later, I noticed that even though I had come down, for the most part at least, I was experiencing that 'off' feeling of derealization.

I'm wondering, is this normal for salvia? It is almost entirely gone now, almost 7 hours later, but still slightly noticeable.

I'm worried about attempting to break through if this is not a normal symptom of salvia use, because as I am sure you are all aware, derealization is not a fun experience. A transient episode, however, is nothing that I can't handle.

Thanks.

Salvia Tincture?

Hello All - I had a quick question that perhaps someone might be able to assist me with.

A friend of mine gave me a gram of a 40x Salvia Leaf from one of the more generic head-shop orientated companies, I generally try to avoid this kind of Salvia but it was given to me and I can't afford to get a more organic specimen.

I would like to convert it into a form that can be used orally, I plan on using it in a ritual soon and I don't want to smoke it.

Does anyone know how I might make a tincture with such concentrated leaf? Or any other method that would be effective for oral consumption...? Also any thoughts on Dosage would be helpful.

Many blessings all!

In La'kech - I Am Another Yourself!<3

i'd say it's normal. i've had a slight feeling of derealisation for 2 days after non-breakthrough doses of salvia. interestingly with larger doses i found that it doesn't last as long...

however i am quite prone to derealisation after dissociatives. i feel a bit dissociated for hours after nitrous and for days after ketamine, though none of these are as bad as cannabis for me. so i don't know if i'm a good reference...

It can last a short while. I've had the same effects, nothing to worry about though, they will go away before too long.

I am guessing that the salvia altered the experience of the rest of your cannabis high and that is why you felt the effects for so long. Try smoking it without any other herbs.

intranasal salvia?

so ive smoked salvia before and am familiar with its effects. i had a vial of salvia, smoked it all but there was still a good amount of residue and stuff on the sides of it. i then proceeded to grind up some vicodins and put them in there to snort. i did the majority of it and noticed i was feeling high but not at all the usual vicodin feel (very experienced with vic). i then scraped the rest of the powder off the sides of the vial. when i snorted this last line, it tasted/smelled exactly like salvia. now for the last 15 minutes i am feeling very weird.

so my question is... does salvia affect you if snorted? or was this just a placebo? if it does work, would it be plausible to hella dry it out and grind to a powder, then snort that? ( i realize it would taste terrible and clog up your nose and be nasty)

Thanks for the input, guys. Pseudononamouse, I am inclined to agree with that assessment. Not only was the derealization present, but my vision was mildly blurry for some time after, and my perception in general felt rather foreign. Will try again tonight using a small piece of a rolling paper as a screen.

Just smoked some more 20x about 20 minutes ago.

Holy shit.

My world transformed. I didn't quite break through, but for some time I had forgotten that I smoked salvia. The music I was listening to made me feel like I was on a dock. People were going to leave without me... at least I think they were. A bit later on (probably just a minute or two), I was typing to my friend in an IM window, and whatever he was saying was like a connector to something else. I don't even remember everything that went on.

I totally forgot that I had smoked the salvia, where I was, and exactly who I was (though I had a vague idea).

Needless to say, it was intense. Like many others I have no desire to repeat the experience anytime soon. Still glad I did it, though.

Painful salvia trip

I've tried salvia a few times now and I've noticed the same effect every time. The first time I tried salvia I held it in for a long time, then breathed it out, just as I was instructed. Then It felt like, in a matter of seconds, I went through a bunch of stages of highness until i busted out the top into space, metaphore. So as soon as I started tripping I bent over, then stood back up, then all of a sudden I was no longer in control of my body. It was as if someone recorded a three second video of me bending over and standing up, then turned up the speed to ten times the normal speed, and put it on repeat, Ill constantly get stuck in this vortex and I will not be freed until the trip is over.

Lately It has changed a little, the pain is more noticeable. Now sometimes i will get stuck in my "vortex", and other times It will feel like.. well, this: Imagine that you have a stack of papers about two inches wide. you stand them up length-wise. But there is something special about this stack of paper, you are imprinted upon all of teh sheets. You are teh stack of papers, then out of nowhere, someone begins to rip the sheets of paper off the stack. This is where it begins to hurt, dnot get me wrong, I'm not tripping really hard, I dont think im a book, its just a good example. I'll be sitting there and I will get these flashes of pain and the same scene will repeat over and over.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? and more important, is there a way to get rid of it?

arohydro said:
Just smoked some more 20x about 20 minutes ago.

Holy shit.

My world transformed. I didn't quite break through, but for some time I had forgotten that I smoked salvia. The music I was listening to made me feel like I was on a dock. People were going to leave without me... at least I think they were. A bit later on (probably just a minute or two), I was typing to my friend in an IM window, and whatever he was saying was like a connector to something else. I don't even remember everything that went on.

I totally forgot that I had smoked the salvia, where I was, and exactly who I was (though I had a vague idea).

Needless to say, it was intense. Like many others I have no desire to repeat the experience anytime soon. Still glad I did it, though.
I've used salvia around 30 times since I first used it about 11 years ago. Every time I've used it by itself the theme of the experience has been a group that I belong to "leaving," and me trying to catch up. Once it was my kindergarten daycare group going outside and leaving me in a labyrinthine building, another time it was a group of geometric bird-people joining wings and vectoring across a pool of strobing light, and in yet another it was a parade from some a fantastic menagerie sequentially leaping onto a slide to new worlds beyond the lower limits of a friend's bedroom wallpaper--but always a group that I understand myself to be part of, leaving. This has always resulted in my getting up and walking, trying to catch up. I see the normal world in front of me--apartment closet doors, basement steps, kitchen chairs--but in so urgent a situation they lack any cogency of being. My belief about what is happening requires no evidence.

Last edited:
The way to get rid of the painful, torn-book feeling is to stop smoking salvia. Since you've had this effect every time, I would say take a break of at least a few weeks. After all, why continue if you've had the same results, and can reasonably expect to have similar experiences in the future?

Is this just a metaphor, or is the stack of papers a part of what you see or feel (I ask because two-dimensional images are often themes in salvia trips)? In any case, it sounds like your experience is of ego dissolution, where you lose a sense of yourself in series of steps. In your case, those steps manifest themselves as pain, though for others it's fear or confusion or even euphoria. You may not get rid of the experience of ego dissolution, but many have found that the body sensations that come with salvia can be reduced or eliminated by combining salvia with a dissociative like DXM or ketamine, myself included.

Salvia Amnesia

I have recently restarted my experimentation with salvia. Years ago I had aquired some dried leaves. The experience was only a small perception change. About two months ago, a friend had some 15x. He knew I knew my stuff about stuff like this so asked me to assist him in its use.

It was this time that I broke through. Before exhaling, I remember standing next to my family. They said it was time I knew what was really going on and reality tore apart as I fell through multiple planes of realities. While frightening, it was mind-blowing. I knew more had happened than that incident, but I could not remember.

Other friends heard of my experience and decided they wished to also try it. They got the 5x. This was more powerful than my original experience but not a break through. It brought back memories of my breakthrough. Today they got 15x. It was divided into eighths; that was the amount I had a break through with earlier. My friends got to the "vivid" level.

I once again broke through; however, I cannot remember what happened. I recall how I felt when it was happening, but the only "physical" thing I remember was that my one friend was there. When I first returned to reality, I could recall it but could not put it into words.

It is similar to a dream. I can wake up from it recalling most things. Then a minute later I remember nothing. Am I going straight to the "amnesic" level? I have experienced the "vivid" but anything past that I have had severe problems remembering the experience. Any advice is appreciated.

By the way, the scale I refer to is -snip-.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably taking too much. Too much dissociation leads to memory loss of the experience. Like how taking too much ketamine is just anesthesia where nothing is remembered.

During Salvia experiences I often feel like a big part of the informations I just got during the trip is deleted from my memory. Like it would be too much to handle..

Salvia and appetite?

First off, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but considering my other thread was merged with one in this forum, I'm hoping I'm on the right track! If not, mods, feel free to move it.

I've done Salvia a handful of times and after every time, for the next few days, I have a massive increase in appetite. A co-worker of mine, after finding out I had done Salvia, once asked me if I noticed I had an increased appetite for days afterward, since he did. So, have any of you noticed this as we have? I've tried searching for information about it but didn't come up with anything, so I figured I'd ask for personal experiences.

interesting, i have experienced similar effects from smoking salvia, the one time i did a salvia leaf quid the first thing i did upon spitting out the giant bolus of wet leaves was to savagely eat a club sandwich which such enthusiasm that i accidentally stabbed the roof of my mouth with the toothpick!

something about salvia has always felt healthy to me - the appetite and the sweating, mmmm really makes you feel alive!

Appetite increases as part of a bio-survival mechanism. After going through that piercing cosmic carnival I imagine food can be quite comforting.

Status
Not open for further replies.