• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Research Chemicals on Blotters Thread

I don't really know a good way to tell without testing. But one thing is for certain, when it's real LSD there is no mistaking it. That would be like mistaking a given stimulant RC effect for pure coke, which is never gonna happen. LSD for me is just so much better than the RC psychedelics that it's almost amusing.

Dude, Ehrlich's reagent is totally affordable and there is absolutely no other way to be certain you are taking LSD and not something else. (Even with a reagent test you're only 99% sure... but hey.) Just invest in the test kit and lay all your worries to rest.

What I mean is what other drugs can be in blotter paper besides LSD. My friend who knows this guy says he has lsd, but honestly I have never heard of lsd in my area. Is it possible it can be some form of RC? I never tried lsd and want to have real lsd while tripping. Can you tell the difference between lsd and a RC?

100s of drugs can be laid on paper it is very easy. I have seen paper xanax, doi, dob, 25i, LSA etc... Anything with a milli gram dose can be dissolved and laid on #14 paper....

If you are in the USA it is safe to assume most white on white ( all white unperforated tab ) is real and alot of the blotters that are perforated and have a print are RCs purchased online especially 25i.

The other scenario where it could be real is liquid, this will be very low in odor and not have a taste.

Just be careful some a bad batch just hit Australia, I believe it is still un identified...Could be RC could be bad chem work.

nBOMEs aren't orally active, dunno about DOx. LSD is.
Maybe you could try swallowing the tab without letting it sit in your mouth?

besides, test kits are cheap and can be ordered legally online.

Merged 3 threads, I'm sure there are more to come...

Everyone be careful, I realize these questions cannot be avoided and are important to a lot of experimenting trippers but we are shaving close to ID threads with this.

I'd probably better make a FAQ in the OP (edit: OP created), and you should realize that inappropriate posts may be unapproved and hidden from sight. This one ought to be under extra scrutiny from staff.

Last edited:
How to tell if lsd is not adultered

I've had a strong urge to try lsd recently. I've read on here that most lsd these days is 25-i or some n-bome thing. I'm not too educated on lsd as the only stuff I'm experienced with is mdma and shrooms. Also I've found it incredibly hard to find acid and never have come across it. Yesterday my buddy was wandering by his rolling self at a rave and heard some guy say that his buddy gave him his acid instead oh his caps. My buddy offered to buy it off him and did so. I checked it out in the washroom and it was two little small squares with some trippy ass twirly symbol on it. We plan on doing it in a few months or so but is there any way to tell if it's lsd or not? and what would I have to watch out for if it's one of these similar chemicals which aren't quite the real deal.

I'm not sure that most 'LSD' is an NBOMe. I think it's more likely that if you are a teenager living in the United States, you are more likely to have access to idiot dealers that pass off one for the other.

You can buy an Ehrlich test to check if you have an indole or not (LSD is an indole). But better still, don't buy drugs from people you don't trust. If you look, you will find ways to buy acid online with a high degree of confidence.

Without special reagent tests like Ehrlich, there is no way to tell what you've bought aside from the obvious (paper squares with cool designs on them)

I'm in Canada and the reason I have trouble finding it is because the people I hangout with aren't into that stuff. I've never bought stuff from those online vendors, since I'm still living at home and don't think it's worth the legal trouble you could get into with getting drugs shipped to you.

Merged in thread, please read the OP and follow the extra strict rules regarding blotter questions like this, we want to avoid breaking the 'no ID discussion' rule. Thank you!

'LSD' blotter + Marquis went Red

Hey BlueLight,

I wasn't sure if I should post here or in pill reports, or if this kind of question is allowed or not, so please do as you must to this thread.

I currently do not have Ehrlich's reagent, so I decided to use Marquis, Mecke, and also Mandelin. I'm aware that it shouldn't change colours with Mandelin. With Marquis it turned red, Mecke olive, and Mandelin brownish orange. Edit: It may have been the ink.

I can't seem to find anything on these results. It doesn't seem to be any amphetamine psychedelics. Perhaps a NBOMe?

Last edited:
Perhaps a mod could edit your header, & I'll bump this up in the meantime, someone might know something but I don't... Please don't eat a handful just yet! ;)

Zalo, please check the OP and the FAQ that is described in it. Please be aware that we don't allow ongoing speculation on the interpretation of your reagent results but if you check the list of marquis colors you see that red is definitely not normal for anything expected. Try extracting your blotter with a little solvent to see what color needs to be detracted (is the paper colored red itself?). Refrain from asking further ID questions but maybe there are other sorts of advice users may give you (such as extracting your blotter).

nBOMEs aren't orally active, dunno about DOx. LSD is.
Maybe you could try swallowing the tab without letting it sit in your mouth?

besides, test kits are cheap and can be ordered legally online.

This is what I've thought. Unfortunately all the nBOMEs floating around make me distrust any blotter. At least with the DOx compounds the blotter's are likely to be bigger, thicker and bitter and although generally less desirable than LSD I wouldn't have the same worry for my physical safety as I would with nBOMEs.

I think assuming a regular size blotter, swallowing it vs. sublingual could be one way to somewhat safeguard against accidental ingestion of nBOMEs being passed off as LSD. You will likely sacrifice some potency of the LSD by swallowing but if the blotter contains a nBOME it will largely be inactivate orally.

Thoughts?

Not really sure, but I guess you can get DOx solutions concentrated enough if you use pure ethanol like everclear. But yeah, that's what I generally do and I don't even know if the NBOMes have landed here yet (plus users on local forums say they hardly get DOxes, so I guess that's rare as well)

I've PM the OP and hoping we can get the first post to say if those test kit results are for Ehrlich or for Marquis so it is clearly obvious. My guess is that they are for Marquis. Others have confirmed that LSD liquid does in fact go orange with Marquis and purple with Ehrlich. Here's one thread to back that up http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/584723-Ever-used-Marquis-reagent-to-test-LSD-blotter look at post #3. As stated in the front page LSD blotters can get a black charring from Marquis that can render the results useless so Ehrlich is the reagent of choice.

I want to point out as a side note that alprazolam (Xanax) would be very easy to tell on blotters from it's very distinguishable taste. If anyone has access even one time to 0.5mg of powder aprazolam or in liquid or even a piece of a Xanax tablet, I encourage you to let it sit on your tongue for a few seconds. You don't need much xanax to get the the nasty lingering bitter aftertaste that is quite memorable. That bitter taste of xanax is not like the bitter taste of MDxx or of piperazines. Also you'd feel a relaxed or sleepy feeling in 20mins or so.

@Eskstasis:
FYI, always check if an OP (in particular one built like an index, menu, FAQ or similar format) has been edited by staff members.
In this case it was me who wrote it, and yes these results are for Marquis. I will edit it to reflect the differences and unreliability when blotter paper is involved (the charring was already mentioned as a warning).

Got a tab of LSD, but Ehrlich won't give his input....

***ATTENTION - THIS IS NOT AN IDENTIFICATION THREAD. At worst, it's speculation - but I have absolutely no intentions on taking any advice given here in seriousness or as fact***

Got myself a tab of "LSD" off a mate - I trust his word that it's at least supposed to be LSD, as from what I understand he was present when the vial was washed out, evap'd, and then the blotters laid with the liquid. Either way, he's sure himself it's LSD. Regardless I bought one tab off him to test with Ehrlich's reagent, with the intentions of getting a LOT more when it's confirmed LSD and heroic-dosing myself into god knows what realm on 5 or likely more tabs....unfortunately this isn't going to happen now, since the test results showed...well, nothing at all.

What are the possible reasons behind this? I can only think of:
1: the tab has nothing on it (very, VERY unlikely)
2: whatever IS on the tab is NOT LSD, but neither is it anything that Ehrlich's reagent reacts at all to
3: the test kit I used was a dud (also unlikely, as I only received them the other week and they've been in my cupboard since)

Anything else? Think that's about it.

Now in the likely case that it's outcome 2, what other compounds are there that will be passed off/sold as "LSD" (the closer the effects to LSD the better, for this purpose) but will NOT react in any way to the Ehrlich's reagent test?

Will any of these potential compounds give any particular/slightly more definitive results from either Mandelin or Marquis tests? I have both and the remaining half of the blotter, so can still do further tests.

Pics below:

vNooPIx.jpg

HjexEKt.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, of course I'm not going to consume 5+ tabs of unknown, hence the test :p I wouldn't be too concerned with testing it if I only intended on taking a single tab, as my mate that I got it from has already tried them himself and from the effects/taste/etc etc "confirmed" they were LSD. Obviously this is far from a true confirmation, but it at least rules out a bunch of things. I only purchased the test kit for the purpose of heroic dosing anyway, so no positive result = no heroic dosing.

Cheers for the link, will have a squiz :)