• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy "Psychedelic Use Affecting Cannabis Highs" Thread

Sorry for not replying to this earlier. If you want to swim, please go to your local swimming pool - it doesn't protect you at all and it makes posts annoyingly hard to read, so please don't do it.

Sounds like you smoked a good amount of strong sativa the night after rolling, I wouldn't be concerned unless all of your highs become like this. People often notice that shortly after tripping/rolling their weed highs are enhanced or changed :)

Soz about the SWIM thing, I was originally gonna post it on Drugforum but then they wouldn't let me register for some odd reason so I came here, where I learned about the absence of SWIM.

And I guess your point is valid, as I have experienced exaggerated effects shortly after tripping anyway, guess we'll see when I'm off mah smoky break (as this trippy experience makes studying damn near impossible, [entirely unlike normal weed high] and bloody finals are just around the corner).

I hope it goes back to normal, I guess I'm just scared of losing my weed normalcy...

One thing I'd recommend trying if you want to smoke now, would be to smoke 1/2 or 1/3 of your usual amount. I've sometimes found that I can smoke a lot less and get similarly high after a trip. I'm not sure why this is, possibly just psychosomatic, but it's worth a try - since generally unpleasant and/or trippy effects from weed can be avoided by smoking less :)

Would you consider flashbacks/hppd to be a result of being able to observe past what we know is to be "reality"? Perhaps HPPD is a re-wiring of the brain that allows us to observe what we wouldn't otherwise sense. I found it interesting, although unrelated... that following an MDMA/MDA honeymoon, I visited the eye doctor and she said my eyes were unusually dilated on their own without having to add drops to dilate them.

Perhaps my eyes were further dilated because my brain is re-wired to take in information that it never did before. Ever since then I have become a better person, more receptacle to beautiful things.

I tend to think of flashback as a result of opening our minds.

Agonizing of serotonin receptors is one of the many reasons that causes eyes to dilate. HPPD isn't really rewiring of the brain. One theory is that a process in the perception part of the brain called sensory gating is disrupted. Sensory gating is the brain "filtering" out excess or redundant information coming in. For instance people that are Schizophrenic have sensory gating problems which is probably why LSD and other psychedelics mimic Schizophrenia symptoms. Also, since HPPD fades over time it's more likely saturation of the serotonin receptor sites that deal with vision. But, as with most information about the brain and psychedelics this is all theory and rational speculation.

One thing I'd recommend trying if you want to smoke now, would be to smoke 1/2 or 1/3 of your usual amount. I've sometimes found that I can smoke a lot less and get similarly high after a trip. I'm not sure why this is, possibly just psychosomatic, but it's worth a try - since generally unpleasant and/or trippy effects from weed can be avoided by smoking less :)

Tried it again last night. Smoked half as much so I could try to eat.
I had panic attacks that reminded me very strongly reminded me of my DXM experience, as well as some more pleasant MDMAesque moments, and after subconsciously holding one of my hits in like nitrous I felt the numbing dissacociation.

Starting to think I have somehow induced schizophrenia as I was seeing tracers and things out of the corner of my eye all day prior to that, originally decided not to smoke weed however after things returned to relative normalcy I changed my mind. Most likely psychosomatic, but really no clue...

Things are still pretty weird.

Laying off the drugs for awhile.... Hopefully... I'm pretty terrible at this not smoking weed thing.

That's great journalism if you quickly typed that up while gettin' lit. I heard different voices reading those paragraphs.

Thats odd, it's the opposite for me.. when I smoke weed I trip and everything is fine, but the times that I have smoked hash since have just been too much. Did you notice if these "marijuana trips" became more intense over time, or whether they have just stayed the same, or what?

Without reading the OP's post because i hate reading SWIM. When i dosed heavily on DXM + weed, thinking back my vision seemed like a strobe light. For the couple weeks after, when i would only smoke weed, every once and awhile id get that visual flashback/hallucination. Kinda sucked when driving but other than that it was neat. Stopped after a couple months though.

Agonizing of serotonin receptors is one of the many reasons that causes eyes to dilate. HPPD isn't really rewiring of the brain. One theory is that a process in the perception part of the brain called sensory gating is disrupted. Sensory gating is the brain "filtering" out excess or redundant information coming in. For instance people that are Schizophrenic have sensory gating problems which is probably why LSD and other psychedelics mimic Schizophrenia symptoms. Also, since HPPD fades over time it's more likely saturation of the serotonin receptor sites that deal with vision. But, as with most information about the brain and psychedelics this is all theory and rational speculation.

Interesting hypothesis. A lot of my HPPD symptoms from 2c-i was like a very mild - non deadly Serotonin syndrome.

Excessively locked muscles over 2 years
Over active reflexes, that would make me and my motor control very jumpy
Tremors, that would start after 10 minutes of waking up - this is completely absent of any anxiety.
Muscles locking up, when going to talk sometimes the muscles wouldn't be released and beginnings of sentences would come out sharp and forceful.

Luckily, the HPPD is finally disappearing, and I feel like I'm left with an permanent increase in dopamine and norepinephrine - which I can maintain at full rate all day with a L-Tyrosine supplement. I've never had such a extensive working memory, I can hold 10-15 thoughts or responses to someones discussion in my head, and call them in any order I want when replying to people. The increase in mental bandwidth and analysis is similar to the benefits while on 2c-i. It's been a weird and at times scary road, thinking the bad effects were permanent, but now I'm much better off than ever taking 2c-i. For my whole life I had to take stimulants to read or write for my ADHD, since my half year of taking 2c-i, 7 times, I have the mental bandwidth of a 35mg dose of ritalin without any of the stimulant side effects. I am more productive and can write better than I ever could on ritalin and I don't feel burnt out like being on ritalin.

I've heard of others say that Mescaline use fixed their ADHD. I wonder if it is something with the phenethylamine family - specifically those that deal with Dopamine and Norepinephrine which are the neurotransmitter pathways that the 2 main types of ADHD medicines target.

---- These are the symptoms I had for 2 years before it started dying down and getting back to normal. ---

1) Clonus / Myoclonus / Spontaneous clonus (from the Greek for "violent, confused motion") is a series of involuntary muscular contractions and relaxations. Unlike the small, spontaneous twitching known as fasciculations (usually caused by lower motor neuron pathology), clonus causes large motions that are usually initiated by a reflex.

2) Hyperreflexia is defined as overactive or overresponsive reflexes. Examples of this can include twitching or spastic tendencies

3) Muscle tremors

4) Hypertonia is a condition marked by an abnormal increase in muscle tension and a reduced ability of a muscle to stretch.. Rigidity is a state of hypertonia where muscle resistance occurs throughout the entire range of motion and is independent of velocity (whereas spasticity is velocity-dependent). People with rigidity present with stiffness, decreased functional ability and flexibility. There are two main forms of rigidity: leadpipe and **cogwheel**. With leadpipe rigidity, resistance from the muscle(s) remains throughout the entire range of movement and it is not velocity-dependent.[3] When rigidity is present with Parkinson's disease it is often termed as cogwheel. Cogwheel rigidity is a hypertonic state with rachetlike movements, and is believed to be present when rigidity and tremor occur together. Furthermore, the muscle(s) that have rigidity will not return to a fixed position after taken through range of motion[4]

Last edited:
lsd make weed trip psychedellic?

Ever since I first tried lsd I get intense, trippy/geometric/acid-like, closed-eye visuals when I get really high after smoking weed. I sometimes get subtle, color open-eye visuals too. I never noticed these visuals when I smoked, before trying acid... I'm just wondering what's up, or if anyone has any idea/theory.. haha its pretty cool though

I think its because you now experienced these CEV's and now you just gotten better to spot them and search for them.

Merged 3 topics on this since this seems to be discussed fairly often :)

Really nice post. Makes a lot of sense

Hey y'all I just logged on for the first time in a while, and perusing old posts from 5 and 10 years ago is making me cringe mega hard like any other social site lol. But it was pretty cool to see one of mine did turn into a big and dandy, even if a seldomly used one.

So I just wanted to update my experience with cannabis + psychs to maybe give a better picture. 9 years since making this first post I now consider myself a lot more experienced and slightly less of a goofball.

Have gone through phases of heavy cannabis use, and phases of no cannabis use. Phases of heavy psych use and phases of no psych use. And now have experience w/ every class of drugs to an uncountable limit.

When I made this post I think I was just too young and inexperienced w/ psychs and also more prone to anxiety. As I have grown I've realized cannabis is simply a potentiator of many things, especially psychs, but the combined use over years I don't believe has had lasting effects on my cannabis highs.

Cannabis will just sometimes hit stronger during/after a powerful trip, and it has some minor overlap in effects with psychs. And if you are prone to anxiety, this can feel very negative. But I've found after years, cannabis simply doesn't give me as much anxiety anymore and being more experienced with psychs has made me more comfortable combining them.

Sorry to bump an older one, just thought it'd be good for me to clarify. If this is better as an edit or whatever, mods feel free to let me know.

If your ever had a truly bad trip on LSD and are left with PTSD from it cannabis has triggered for myself a complete return to the same moments full blown trip for hours loops shit dissolving at that atomic level made me question if i was truly dead this usually happens and lasts up to 10 months to a year after the trip that triggered this then it fades off and stops happening. But all my psych use has made weed a very visual inducing drug for myself that if i smoke enough past the point of greening out it will be reach 100-150 ug LSD peak levels if its a strong sativa or hybrid.

Cannabis exacerbates my mental chatter. Psychedelics and meditation have helped me to learn how to quiet this mental chatter. I don’t really get panic attacks from weed unless I’m actually tripping on a psych, then it’s usually really bad. But otherwise it’s not anxiety/panic more so it just makes me think a lot and not be in the present moment. I just don’t enjoy it too much anymore (though I still fiend for it sometimes). And it definitely is very visual for me now. On par with moderate psychedelic doses, personally. Though not interesting visuals, more like dropped frames and tunnel vision

Your mileage may vary, for sure. Just wanted to post my personal experience for a long term comparison. Cannabis certainly did exacerbate a lot of shit for me in the past, and it can still cause minor anxiety. But at this time I'm able to consume it regularly without much issue.