• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

been there done that, got the t-shirt

thats one of my fav things about shrooms as opposed to lsd, the audio distortion is wikked. espically when at a concert/rave its the best :)

In my first lucid dream, as one of the people in my dream spoke, it was overridden in a Matrixy, metallic screech.

Mushroom tolerence + LSD

So yesterday I ate an 1/8 of shrooms, and tripped really good. Today, I split a hit of decent acid, and can feel it a little bit (Body buzz, light tracers). If I was to pop a about a gram of nothing but caps, would it enhance my buzz or would my tolerance prevent me from feeling the caps?

Tolerance is definitely going to be an issue. Psilocybin/Psilocin and LSD have a cross tolerance, so that is your first problem. Trying to boost it again with more mushrooms is probably going to have minimal effects, if anything.

swilow said:
So is it true that aborts are more potent by weight? I'm more a mushie-hunter, so I am prepared to accept that there is major flucutuation even in one species of potency (well, majorish), but I tend to leave smaller, already unveiled shroomies in the ground; I don't know why, save the children and all that....then again, I don't know if these principles apply to wild mushrooms.

Psilocybin/Psilocin/Baeocystin/Norbaeocystin are all produced up until the veil breaks, after that the mushroom will not gain potency. So yes, by weight i would say the smaller mushrooms that still have a veil intact or one tjay has just opened would be more potent.

I have found this anyway....

Merged in mushie and LSD question.

In answer, if you dose up again on mushrooms, you will feel a bit more of a 'buzz' as you say, but it would be a bit wasteful. But I'd still probably do it. :)

on the money

The auditory hallucinations on mushrooms are ridiculous! Whats weird is that I really don't have them on LSD or other psychedelics but with good ol' mushrooms I have them constantly.

One of my most vivid memories of psychedelics was trying mushrooms for the first time (in the form of a chocolate heart, which I was told had about 4 grams in it), and hearing the birds outside. Just listening to them chirp going from normal to reallly slow...to reallly fast and high pitched was a psychedelic users dream, I've never had auditory hallucinations as strong as that first mushroom trip.

And yes, I understand that 4 grams was a bit much for my first mushroom trip but I had already tried LSD so I felt confident in using a semi-large dose for my first time. It was also a perfect setting which we all know is more important than anything when trying a new psychedelic for the first time. :)

Immortal Teknique said:
Psilocybin/Psilocin/Baeocystin/Norbaeocystin are all produced up until the veil breaks, after that the mushroom will not gain potency. So yes, by weight i would say the smaller mushrooms that still have a veil intact or one tjay has just opened would be more potent.

I have found this anyway....

I'm more concerned with needlessly killing baby shroomies that'll end up growing more and more if I leave them be. I'd rather wait until they've had a chance to propagate with other lil mushy-shrooms....:)

Haha yeah, i spose depending on your patch, that could be an issue. My main patch is.....large, to say the least ;)

I definitely pick the bigger ones, but ill occasionally grab the really fresh looking little ones =D. Sometimes ill eat a couple whilst hunting, makes it more exciting.

^Little cute fungus heads aren't they? ;)

Immortal teknique, I have enjoyed the occaisional tearing of a small shroom from the ground, bare-teethed and grunting and gobbling it down. Its great, though the last time I did it my dog tried to attack the ground. He's a rottie, and my face was also on the ground. Good boy ;)

Problem with eating live mushrooms is the bugs. I mean, even average to small mushrooms seem to 'emitt' a lot of small bugs when drying. I spose it doesn't matter since you've already chucked down a batch of hallucingenic fungi already, but the thought of the bugs in my stomach (possibly breeding, getting larger, fucking eating their way out, ohmygod!!!!!!1!1) has made me feel a bit weird at times....:)

edit: I just realised I can't wait for mushroom season downunder. I am going to be eating mushrooms for breakfast lunch and dinner...:D

swilow said:
^Little cute fungus heads aren't they? ;)

Immortal teknique, I have enjoyed the occaisional tearing of a small shroom from the ground, bare-teethed and grunting and gobbling it down. Its great, though the last time I did it my dog tried to attack the ground. He's a rottie, and my face was also on the ground. Good boy ;)

Problem with eating live mushrooms is the bugs. I mean, even average to small mushrooms seem to 'emitt' a lot of small bugs when drying. I spose it doesn't matter since you've already chucked down a batch of hallucingenic fungi already, but the thought of the bugs in my stomach (possibly breeding, getting larger, fucking eating their way out, ohmygod!!!!!!1!1) has made me feel a bit weird at times....:)

edit: I just realised I can't wait for mushroom season downunder. I am going to be eating mushrooms for breakfast lunch and dinner...:D

Hahaha! Yeah those little bugs dont bother me. Bit of extra protein i say! Seriously though, i always eat them fresh. I am 100% sure i trip harder and better when fresh. When dry, i lack the energy and the "get up and go" like i get with acid. But when i eat them fresh, im a lunatic, 30 minute laughing fits, climbing trees, jumping into rivers.

Ahh, bring on May! =D

Mushrooms

Mushrooms.
They can be quite crazy can't they??
First I took them for spiritual, or even pseudo-spiritual reasons, I don't know anymore.
First 3-4 trips were bad, fun, but I always felt as if I was being watched.
The rest were fun.
It was fun, I was drunk, we were laughing.
Then it just turned on me.
Not fun.
My whole word crumbled underneath me.
You know that feeling you get (when you're sober) and you think "Maybe this is a dream," or "Maybe this is a trip and I'm gonna come out of it soon."
That is what it was like, though I did not think that.
I did not take Mushrooms.
It was real.
Everyone gone.
I was alone, the only man on the Earth.
Sad.
Cried.
Before this I was cold, I might walk on friends if I would benefit.
I did not "love."
Depression, suicidal.
Now I am happy, more so then I have ever been.
I can truly love.
I truly love.
Mushrooms.
They have potential, but you needn't search for it.
Vague for I am reluctant to exactly recall the events of the night.
Apparently it was hilarious from a third point of view.
Sad I wasn't there.

So I ate some P. cubensis the other night for the first time in about 5 years. The last time I ate mushrooms in general were P. semilanceata (Liberty caps), and that was a pretty intense experience over 3 years ago.

I really don't eat mushrooms unless I've grown them myself, and the liberty caps are the exception, they come around rarely but are very good, so why not? Anyway, I picked approximately 55grams of wet mushrooms and made a tea to split with my girlfriend out of ~40grams. Steeped the mushrooms for about 15 minutes in a french press, drained it and steeped for another 10 minutes with fresh water. Drank the tea over about 20 minutes. This is a very small dose for what I'd like to take, but I figured I would add a little 5-Meo-MiPT and make it a little more intense.

By the time I had finished drinking the tea I was already surprisingly feeling it, not much but definitely something. After awhile we smoked 3 bowls of pot, and by the end of it we were starting to trip pretty nicely. That great mushroom body high and some visuals creeping in, becoming a lot more intense with each bowl (more-so than I remember, but I haven't tripped in 5 months). By t+2:00 I was pleasantly surprised with the mere 2g of mushrooms, great body high and fairly good visuals. But it's time for a little more.

I weighed out 16mg of 5-Meo-MiPT and visually split it and me and the gf both insufflated 8mg. Within minutes I had mad visuals, and a very intense body high, I will say it didn't mix the best with a gut full of mushroom tea. The visuals however, were as intense as a good 3.5-4g of good mushrooms. The first thing I noticed was at the top of my visual field, the ceiling started to ripple and bubble much like lava, only extremely colorful.

Smoked some more pot and watched Howl's moving castle, each bowl increasing the visuals a little by little. By the end of the night I had some huge purple/green chainmesh looking pattern overlaying my entire visual field, started off the night as really small circles and became huge by the end of it.

It was pretty nice all-in-all, but I'm more excited about taking a larger amount of mushrooms in a week or two.

Last time I ate shrooms my preparation method was to grind them to a fine powder, mix them with lemon juice, let it sit for a half hour then chugged it. I added a ton of Splenda to help with the tartness and actually the beverage ended up tasting no different than ordinary Lemonade, without a hint of the usual Psilocybe bitterness. I used the lemon juice method because I'd heard on many forums that supposedly sitting the shrooms in this fruit juice leaves u with a product that kicks in faster and more strongly when you drink it. I don't remember the science behind why.

Have any of you guys found it to be true that soaking shrooms in lemon juice does in fact make them kick in faster with more intensity? How long did you soak the shrooms in the lemon juice? Was the trip shorter or longer than usual? One or two forum people insisted lime juice works better than lemon juice.

Next time I eat shrooms I'll preload on a lot of Piracetam and Hydergine as these both are supposed to be great for potentiating tryptamine psychedelics. And if I ever get my hands on some Moclobemide or Deprenyl I'll use them as a potentiator as well. I've tried Rue with mushrooms a few time and remember really enjoying the combo. However, the fact Rue makes me heavy and sleepy, as do shrooms at times, I don't know if I'd want to deal with the combined heavy/sleepy feeling of the 2 plants. Whereas, preloading on Moclobemide or Deprenyl ought to if anything make my mushroom experience more energetic.

Has anyone tried using Deprenyl with mushrooms at all? I assume I'd need to eat at least 10 mg of Deprenyl, because at 10+ mg it becomes an MAO-a and MAO-a's seem to be what potentiates mushrooms. I've never heard of MAO-b's being used to potentiate mushrooms.

I wonder how Tricyclics like Amineptine or Lithium would potentiate mushrooms.

How well do Psilocybe and blotter combine? I'd love to see how shrooms and HBW seeds would mix. Anyone tried this? I hear shrolling (mushrooms + MDxx) is quite fun as well.

I wish folks on forums didn't assume that any drug combination a person asks about in a post they want to try. Usually, I'm just entertaining hypotheticals in my head, rather than actually considering trying these combos, man. LOL if you guys think I want to try all these combos I mention. A few I've some interest in, yes. And those are ones that many other people have safely used and that there's literature on. The weirder combos I ask about it's to see what information people can provide me on them that I don't already know.

Why not just take a higher dose of mushrooms? Well, keep in mind not everyone has the fortune of having access to large amounts of psychedelics for cheap. Some of us rarely have access or money to buy a good sized quantity of psychedelics and are stuck with only enough for a small dose. I'd expect some moderators here have easy access to large amounts of a plethora of cool psychedelics. But us ordinary joe's, we ain't that fortunate...

Is it really that foolish and risky of me to consider taking a low dose of Moclobemide or Syrian Rue with mushrooms mixed in lemon juice...? It isn't like many, many folks haven't already safely tried this.

The Wizard said:
Is it really that foolish and risky of me to consider taking [...] mushrooms mixed in lemon juice...?

Yes! Can you imagine how bad that would taste!?!? ;)