• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Nutmeg Thread

Wtf i do four jars, 1.1oz each. is the potentcy of preground that much less? Or do I just do things to excess?

Me and my brother ate 6 tablespoons of nutmeg because our friend showed us a site saying 6 tablespoons was the amount and about 6 hours later it kicks in. We each ate 6 tablespoons and probablt about 5-6 hours later we both got this intense high, it was very uncomfortable. The next morning we were super dehydrated and had trouble moving around, we both ended up throwing nutmeg back up all over my room too. Not fun.

Upon further research I found out all you need is 2 teaspoons.

Sounds like it really sucks. Do whatever you want (as long as you dose appropriately) but you will never see me eat this stuff as anything other than a spice.

merged and B&D'd - since its a perennial topic

Last edited:
Wtf i do four jars, 1.1oz each. is the potentcy of preground that much less? Or do I just do things to excess?

I dunno. Ask your liver. Its where whatever activity you receive with this product begins via an enzyme/catalyst reaction. See what it says about how that nutmegs workin for ya.

i find it hard to beleive how anyone could get an overall positive experiance from nutmeg 8o

Maybe it comes down to different liver enzymes, but I have enjoyed it every single time. My largest dose has been five whole fresh nuts, and that's where the side effects started to outweigh the buzz for me. My eyes were soooo red, I got soooo tired, I was soooo thirsty and my mind felt soooo foggy. But still there was some pleasantness. For me, the sweet spot is 1½ to 2½ nuts. Redosing seems to work great for me since the come up is so slow anyway. Sometimes I'll do five half nuts spaced 30 minutes in between. It's great when the come up begins, hahaha!

Nutmeg Trips? :)

Any of you tripped out on nutmeg before? I just ate 3 tablespoons of ground nutmeg, bought from shop not fresh I dont think. Hope all goes well. Share your experience if you've ever tried it :D

From what I've read it needs to be fresh.

And that shits disgusting good luck keeping it down.

Not worth it IMO. Up there with LSA. Gonna do what youre gonna do but I recommend, at the very least, not wasting your time with store bought old nutmeg.

I did this a couple times back when I was 16 and on house arrest. I always used store bought and mixed it with apple sauce. It produced surprisingly pleasant effects very comparable to high dose thc. It did cause some stomach cramps but I always took alot. Over all not too bad although if I still had to resort to house hold items I would go LSA from morning glories or Mescaline from san pedro.

You should read the Trip Reports on it so that you know what to expect. There are several threads on it.

Nutmeg is pleasant enough for some people, but its incredibly long onset and duration make it one of the less popular intoxicants.

I find fresh whole nutmeg nuts give the best effects. Ground nutmeg won't work as well. I actually find it works best if you eat the nuts before you go to bed - you wake up the next day with a pleasant fog in your head. Makes your dreams more colorful too. It's probably more comparable to eating dense hash brownies rather than smoked cannabis.

There is a significant amount of evidence that nutmeg was used as an intoxicant by monks & slaves during the spice trade, in ~teaspoon doses.

Haha starting to feel a little dizzy and very relaxed / sleepy, I took another big table spoon like an hour and half ago. so 5 tablespoons rougly. :p hope it kicks into more effect shortly.

Off topic, but I wonder if it would be possible to synthesize MDMA from nutmeg since it contains safrole. Probably not. Just a thought. That would be interesting though.

That's an intriguing notion, one which I've never actually considered! Perhaps it's already used like this (if it's possible)? 8o

Off topic, but I wonder if it would be possible to synthesize MDMA from nutmeg since it contains safrole. Probably not. Just a thought. That would be interesting though.

I doubt it's at all worth the hassle. Wikipedia has this to say about it whether safrole or myristicin could be metabolized into MDMA in the body:
In 1963, Alexander Shulgin speculated myristicin could be metabolized to MMDA, a psychoactive drug related to MDA, in the liver.[3]
This speculation has never been confirmed and studies with the closely related compounds asarone and safrole demonstrated that the proposed transamination reactions did not take place in humans.[21] However, Alexander Shulgin notes in his book PiHKAL that
Myristicin and the conjugated isomer isomyristicin are also found in parsley oil, and in dill. This was the oil that was actually shown to be converted to MMDA by the addition of ammonia by passage through an in vitro liver preparation.[22]
As quoted, this transamination was conducted in vitro, and has yet to be proven to occur in vivo.[17]

I think you would probably need a HUGE amount of nutmeg in order to make MDMA, (and it would be a pain to extract it) so sassafras is probably a lot more cost-effective. Apparently the safrole/myristicin content of nutmeg is less than 0.4%

Last edited: