• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

Hey man,

I’ll respond more later (and if not remind me please) but this is mostly news to me. This research analyzing the products of fermentation is just plain awesome!

The only genus name that really sticks out is Delosperma, which I actually have an old extract I made from D. cooperi (sp?) which was supposed to possibly have 5-MeO-DMT. I’ve yet to try it but it’s been in my possession since 2017.

Maybe this is the trick to make Kanna work well?

-GC
I see that APTENIA grows pretty close to my home, an incredibly big patch of it...
I will get a lot of it, and try to extract it some way.

It seems that's very difficult to find good sources of good kanna, specially good fermented kanna (it's traditionally fermented). As most of the material is old of weak, people grow it themselves or they get extracts from good vendors, the subreddit about kanna has good info about everything...

I guess that a lot of plants may work differently and change the amount of alkaloids and alkaloid ratio when fermented... the case of kratom or tea are paradigmatic, to be honest for me yellow kratom it's the most useful for mental tasks, instant moodlift and focus, without other stuff. Yeah, the fermented "yellow", it smells super nice too.

I'll try to get some pleiospilos and Delosperma
those delosperma seems to have a lot of stuff, tryptamines...mesembrine type... but it's not well documented, it's a super interesting specie to research...
I've just read that the DMT content increases in winter and the 5-MEO-DMT content increases in summer... seems pretty amazing.

I'm so tired, it's almost 3AM here, so need to sleep asap.. soon I'll come up with some info about this stuff, if I have enough time.

Hey man,

I’ll respond more later (and if not remind me please) but this is mostly news to me. This research analyzing the products of fermentation is just plain awesome!

The only genus name that really sticks out is Delosperma, which I actually have an old extract I made from D. cooperi (sp?) which was supposed to possibly have 5-MeO-DMT. I’ve yet to try it but it’s been in my possession since 2017.

Maybe this is the trick to make Kanna work well?

-GC
hey man
just bio-assayed some Delosperma cooperi/bosseranum right now,
I'm also on kratom and huperzine A, but well... perhaps not the best day or moment to bioassay anything
but I can mostly sure say that half-dried (a week and half old cuttings) Delosperma quid seems
effective, active

It can be placebo? oh well, it could be, I will perform more experiments to be exactly sure, but I got that typical mesembrine signature of warm and mongyness... and some lil tryptamine headspace background.

so I guess I need to check this again and also extract it. I think this plant has some potential.

This thread was a fun read.

I was thinking about going for a St. John's Wort experience tomorrow. I feel like doing a large dose.

What's a large dose? I used to use daily but stopped when a relative warned me it was bad for the liver.

Hypericum-perforatum-Common-St.-Johns-Wort4.jpg

Humph. I never found store bought Sceletium too psychoactive, but a little. However, when I grew the plant it seemed to not work at all. I tried "fermenting" it although there were no real directions on what that meant at the time. I tried and tried and gave up. Complicated by the low psychoactivity of even store bought stuff.

Humph. I never found store bought Sceletium too psychoactive, but a little. However, when I grew the plant it seemed to not work at all. I tried "fermenting" it although there were no real directions on what that meant at the time. I tried and tried and gave up. Complicated by the low psychoactivity of even store bought stuff.
redditors seem to praise a couple brands/companies only, and the mostly use it in extract form, rarely in plant powder form, as most of it it's too weak.
I've tried only the fermented plant powder and it worked and it was kinda potent (it has a rush, no doubt) but it only works if it's really fresh and you do it consistenly, for whatever reason. In anycase it seems to me that in this forum a lot of people say that this or that plant are not "active" but normally in the internet people say it's pretty active, so I guess here people consume very strong/hard drugs quite often so they are just used to those strong, forced, feelings, and they just expect "too much" from natural products...

I did already 2 trials with Delosperma Cooperii and I'm 90% sure it's not placebo, seems very dreamy, I consider it pretty interesting and now I'm growing it to get more and extract it. I thought that Cooperii and Bosseranum were synonims... they are not. Supposedly Bosseranum it's the one which is more similar to kanna, but more energetic, Cooperi seems to be more like a threshold tryptamine trip with dreaminess.