View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanking you NiceEnough. I will let you know.

No i haven't taken any in 3 months. even then i still had low tolerane.

I enjoy dissociates at low doses, more so good mxe, being my doc. so i am interested to how MXP will play out. i'll prob try it a few different times.

No problem, my pleasure. Happy to share advice based on my experience, after all, that's one of the real benefits of online communities like this. Hope you enjoy and do let me know what you think/how the experience goes. I have really enjoyed this one.

p.s. if you have particularly low tolerance you could even try 50mg to start off with, because my tolerance is really pretty high at the moment. Planning on giving them a break from today, although did finish off my diphenidine, to try and reduce it. I think you might like this one if you enjoy dissos at low doses, I really do seem to be able to maintain lucidity and be able to be active and interact productively with others, even at quite high doses (even for me and based on what others have said). Looks like there is a tipping point though on very high doses where the chance of a hole increases, and it sounds very full on from what synthetix has said.

no i really mean it, like I'm not surprised at all that it happened. it really triggers a weird mania, delusion based state after you come out of the hole... just because the holes are so mystical but at the same so damn scary. every time I've holed i've literally wanted to proclaim to everyone what i just experienced but i find i can barely even move my arms. i also come out of the holes going "what the fuck happened" "what happened" over and over again every time I've done it too. its a weird one. dark, but i like the darker side of the dissos. mxe seemed too fluffy.

no i really mean it, like I'm not surprised at all that it happened. it really triggers a weird mania, delusion based state after you come out of the hole... just because the holes are so mystical but at the same so damn scary. every time I've holed i've literally wanted to proclaim to everyone what i just experienced but i find i can barely even move my arms. i also come out of the holes going "what the fuck happened" "what happened" over and over again every time I've done it too. its a weird one. dark, but i like the darker side of the dissos. mxe seemed too fluffy.

Weird, at the doses I have taken I don't find it dark at all, quite the opposite. But I am not adverse to the darker sides of dissos. Synthetix, how many times have you holed on the stuff, how long has it taken you to come back to a vaguely functional state where you can operate again? Really starting to interest me. If you were local to me and up for it, would definitely be up for exploring this with you although I am sure that is unlikely, sounds like you need a sitter for this one as well as plenty of time. It can't be much more intense than diphenidine though? Or is it? I am pretty alone with my group of friends in terms of my psychonautic tendencies, particularly when it comes to these new dissos. Anway, I do love a good hole, but methoxphenidine and diphendine holes sounds pretty damn serious. Not that Ketamine/MXE ones aren't, but...

Last edited:
i've holed three times now, the first time being the most intense and propounding invigorating one, lasting around 6 hours but felt like an enternity trapped there, where i had a full on OBE experience which was terrifying and fascinating filled with euphoria, learnt about death and the other side and no longer has me scared of it which is surprising - wasn't ready for that and wouldn't have expected it at all. also contact with other terrestrials was a big part of it. well the first time it took around a good nights sleep to recover fully but still wasn't 100% robotic a little and disjointed from myself, the second was around 6 hours of detatachemnt completely but more of a nightmare and couldn't figure anything out for the next day or so, spend a day recovering, yesterday was the last one and it was very short - about 2-3 hours and really disturbing my family members to the point of nearly being sectioned because they thought id lost my mind. all i needed though was a good sleep and I'm back to normal today bar a slight headache.

yeah i would be up for exploring the holes together but the aftermath can be quite brutal, can cause a sense of mania and perhaps being around someone i didn't know fully would send me over the edge and send me into a violent rage though thats what's a little scary - because it was my mother that was there and the fact i couldn't physically move my body i didn't attack - she reassured me i was fine and it calmed me down immensely.

its a serious drug and shouldn't be taken lightly when holing.

I tried MXP, (i) maybe in slight benzo withdrawls, can't feel it though (ii) slight kratom withdrawls (iii) phenibut rebound, again minor (iiii) drank energy drinks but i normally do on MXE anyway.

took MXP oral, about 80 mg maybe a lot more. def has its moments, no nasuea at all, so nice. however, i am not a fan. afterwards i felt REALLY jet-lagged. normally i would enjoy the afterglow.

i would need to do it more, low doses. but i kinda think this isn't for me. not a bad experiance though. but just isn't for me.

nothing has come close to MXE yet, i don't like comparing to MXE, but i am just saaying.

no its definitely not on a level with mxe at all... no nausea noted just dry mouth in my case.

i find it a bit stimulating in lower doses

I definitely get a serious afterglow with the doses I take lasting even a few days - 150mg to 200mg - and don't get any kind of notable comedown. But I think this definitely demonstrates how all our physiologies are different. But it definitely isn't like MXE for sure, it's a different animal, if not completely unrelated (being an NMDA antagonist). Personally, not sure of the value of low doses but if others benefit would be interested to hear. Definitely stimulating, at all doses I have tried. I think I need to admit that I usually use benzos towards the end of the experience, which no doubt would help mitigate any negative effects if there were some.

Even with low oral (70mg) doses I get a hangover, expressing itself in tiredness and "emptiness". Awkwardly I do not get those with insufflated doses. THE major side effect of this compound imho are "sicca symptomes", i.e. dried out mucuos membranes, very pronounced in the eyes.

Unfortunately I never tried MXE, but I guess MXP in comparison completely lacks any SRI-properties, hence the difference in effects.

Even with low oral (70mg) doses I get a hangover, expressing itself in tiredness and "emptiness". Awkwardly I do not get those with insufflated doses. THE major side effect of this compound imho are "sicca symptomes", i.e. dried out mucuos membranes, very pronounced in the eyes.

Unfortunately I never tried MXE, but I guess MXP in comparison completely lacks any SRI-properties, hence the difference in effects.

I definitely don't get this hangover feeling, but an afterglow that can last days. But his is from doses 150mg to 200mg. Also, eating very healthily before, during and after experience. But no obvious downside yet. Felt much worse from diphenidine. Of course, it doesn't beat MXE in many ways but as I have said before I really think it is a different animal and needs to be treated as such. But interested in the number of people getting negative comedowns from it, in case I am just an anomaly

Has anyone tried using citric acid or lemon juice to increase the potency of MXP? A couple sites on the internet say it works, but there are almost no details on how it increases the effects or by how much, or if it makes the onset quicker.

Has anyone tried using citric acid or lemon juice to increase the potency of MXP? A couple sites on the internet say it works, but there are almost no details on how it increases the effects or by how much, or if it makes the onset quicker.

Not sure about lemon juice, might give it a go after some research. Given my past positive experiences with this one and tolerance, 200mg down the hatch. Will report on the other side. Bear in mind I have very low blood pressure which may help me avoid some of the negative effects people have reported.

However, I do not recommend anyone else start at this dose with this drug. Please be careful :)

Last edited:
I definitely don't get this hangover feeling, but an afterglow that can last days. But his is from doses 150mg to 200mg. Also, eating very healthily before, during and after experience. But no obvious downside yet. Felt much worse from diphenidine. Of course, it doesn't beat MXE in many ways but as I have said before I really think it is a different animal and needs to be treated as such. But interested in the number of people getting negative comedowns from it, in case I am just an anomaly

Lright. So I need to adjust my food intake before dosing again. :) What I cannot confirm are the stimulating properties of the substance. For me it is always sedating (but comfortable). Every dissociative was (low dose without tolerance every time), despite low dose DXM was stimulating. I would dose higher, but without a trip sitter it will be dangerous with that compound (since I read about the "accidents", even though I never had train wreck experiences alone in my life with psychedelics/dissos).

Not posted here in a while but thought i may aswell share this.

Back when there was good quality mkat and ketamine everywhere i was a big fan of ketadrone, just sniffed separately or smashed together into a single dose. Never a need to use scales (especially at the levels i reached finally), i could usually judge it right and if things went too far one way it was possible to balance it out again anyway. This is all a good couple years ago fyi.

That being said, not so recently my head was in a bad place and decided to go out clubbing. Had been using a small amount of EPH but did have some MXP aswell, i knew at the time i should've had absolutely measured my dose as i'd done my research and knew the dose isn't to high and it can be unforgiven.

Well like a mug i threw caution to the wind and made a bomb up of EPH and MXP, it can't have been more than 250mg (MXP), i doubt it was that high but i have no real idea, it must have been a decent wack though.

Bout 20 mins after ingestion i got into the club and instantly it came on, more sideways/west/wobbly than i've ever felt on ketamine. Quickly sat down, cut to A+E an unknown amount of time later. I was still shaky on my feet but that faded. I have no memory from the time netween the club and waking up in A+E so this i assume this was for all intents an OD.

I remember being kicked out of clubs on ket for being to wobbly but this is just a black hole...similar to the one time i tried diphenidine.

I believe MXP is stimulating, so adding a stimulant to it was very dangerous. Also 250mg of MXP is a pretty high dose, much higher than most are taking. You're lucky you're still with us.

I believe MXP is stimulating, so adding a stimulant to it was very dangerous. Also 250mg of MXP is a pretty high dose, much higher than most are taking. You're lucky you're still with us.

I have to agree. the most I have ever taken is 200mg, and that was after building up a tolerance over a few days and on redosing. When you are not used to it 250mg is really a lot. This is powerful stuff, but from my experience great fun when treated carefully (e.g. sensible dose, respect etc). I love the feeling of being dissociated, stimulated but not totally 'monged out' like I have felt on ketamine. I have had amazing conversations with friends on this stuff, really profound deep stuff. But never more than 150mg if I haven't taken it for a while. That is my sweet dose and I have a really high tolerance to dissociatives. I wouldn't recommend that dose to anyone. I would suggest starting at 70mg or 80mg and then seeing where you go. Or less. Always better to be safe than sorry. If you have the patience, even a 50mg test is worthwhile and follows a proper harm reduction approach. Although I have to say I don't feel much until I exceed 100mg, but that is me, and as I said, I have a terrible tolerance from years of ketamine abuse (no longer an issue, thank heavens!). Mixing EPH and MXP, I personally wouldn't go there, or at least not with 250mg MXP. I have low blood pressure so a little bit of a relatively mild stimulant towards the end of the MXP experience (e.g. cocaine) can improve the experience for me as the euphoria and energy tends to drop for me after a while, but again wouldn't necessarily recommend this. Stick to lower doses and be careful. Echoing Xorkoth, glad you are still with us :)

p.s. please try to use appropriately accurate scales, particularly with very new and untested stuff like MXP. Sounds like it really can be dangerous in high doses.

Lright. So I need to adjust my food intake before dosing again. :) What I cannot confirm are the stimulating properties of the substance. For me it is always sedating (but comfortable). Every dissociative was (low dose without tolerance every time), despite low dose DXM was stimulating. I would dose higher, but without a trip sitter it will be dangerous with that compound (since I read about the "accidents", even though I never had train wreck experiences alone in my life with psychedelics/dissos).
If you can't get a tripsitter, build up your doses very slowly with it. That is what I did, and I haven't reached a 'hole' like state yet. Got pretty twisted once or twice but have always been able to hold it together, pretty much. And a healthy diet pretty much improves all your psychoactive experiences, along with a bit of exercise, yoga, meditation or whatever floats your boat. But will stop there, at the expense of sounding preachy. Not my intention, but has improved my life, on and off drugs, a hell of a lot :)

P.s. For me it isn't necessarily stimulating. I have even fallen asleep on it. I would say I have had moments of euphoria and perhaps mild stimulation, but nothing heavy. I am not sure what is happening from people who are reporting higher doses. Could be stimulation or perhaps mania similar to PCP and related compounds. Not clear to me yet. It managed to get someone in a&e at 250mg combined with a stimulant, but that can happen when people outwardly appear too out of it but are medically more or less ok, e.g. experiencing a mega hole and not responding to any external stimuli. I think we would all be wise to tread carefully with this one. Although personally it is still a favourite.

Last edited:
What dose is recommended for someone new to dissociatives? Well I say new, I love Nitrous oxide, just have only ever tried ketamine once in a club, and that was years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.