• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread-10th Dose-Addiction? But I'm only on it 24/7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting thing happened yesterday.
I have not touched MXE for a week now. Yesterday, before bed, I smoked 2 weed joints and guess what - I got into m-hole. Started seeing MXE visuals (closed eyes), even a few visions/out of body views (I do not know how to call it or what it is exactly).

I will take as long break as I can, because tolerance killed the magic. Plus I started getting abdominal pains, something similar to weak K-cramps (from description, never tried K). My main ROA was sublingual, but most of it is still absorbed in the stomach.

I know that it is hard to not to abuse this magical substance, but when the magic is gone, you are left with addiction and negative effects of the substance. I was chasing the long euphoric m-hole for past few months and I have never caught it. I still feel dissociated. Use this substance as rarely as possible, because it has a long biological half-life.

No doubt he is rational about using small doses and not abusing dissociatives when he's sober... but opiate withdrawal takes away your ability to think rationally. Also, he'd be taking a drug that activates opiate receptors to get him through opiate withdrawal. Not a smart idea.

Even if he gets through the 2 weeks or whatever of MXE use + opiate withdrawal with relatively few problems, he will still have caused more damage to his body and brain than he would have if he did not use the MXE. He will have a comedown from the MXE that will last at least a few days and he will have been constantly lighting up his brain's pleasure centers with a drug; that only delays the healing process that needs to occur after long-term opiate use. If you really want to get through and stay off opiates (not just kick and then get back on soon after), don't try to fix the problem with more drugs.

I happen to (mostly) agree personally. But it's not my decision. He has decided on the path, all I can do is be there to help keep him safe. Besides, after his initial doses, I will be measuring out the amounts as needed - in my judgement, not his. He accepts that he will be unable to judge that, and trusts me enough to put himself in my hands. Pulling that support by pressuring him to change his mind is guaranteed to cause a lot of damage.

I will say that as conservative as I am about recovery (I believe 100 percent in the original 12 step programs and have been supporting them since 1986), there is far too much scientific evidence that Ibogaine is very effective in treating addiction (including withdrawal) to opiates and other substances. And it most certainly is a psychoactive substance.

Seems like it could save many, many lives. And a whole lot of human misery as well. Many believe that Ibogaine is opposed for two reasons. One: Unlike methadone and suboxone, it is a one-time sale. No profit in it. Not worth the US Pharma companies attention. Let's face it: they are for-profit companies. Two: drug addicts are not seen by society as sick people. In the eyes of the majority in the US, drug addicts are "bad people" or "Low-Lifes" who were not raised properly or are just Jr criminals. That's just reality. Few people would sit around at a cocktail party and say that out loud, because it would be politically incorrect. At home and when with like-minded friends it comes out though.

If Ibogaine were a cure for HPV with an 80 percent success rate - it would be getting more research $$ than both presidential campaigns combined! People with HPV are "good people" in danger from a contagious disease they cannot control. And there is already a vaccine that must have cost nearly one $Billion in R&D to develop.

One thing I am positive of: The world is painted in shades of grey, not in black and white...

One time Ibogaine use is completely different from daily use of methoxetamine. You don't use ibogaine to mask the symptoms of withdrawal, you use it to help you achieve a spiritual awakening. Also, I don't know exactly how Ibogaine affects the brain, but considering that it's a psychedelic I'll guess that it affects mostly serotonin, meaning it's not going to affect your brain like drugs of abuse would.

NSFW:
According to the paper linked on page 32, MXE significantly affects dopamine and opiate receptors (among others), meaning your brain interprets it in much the same way as opiates, the very drug your friend is trying to get off. Continuing to use drugs that affect the same receptors is just going to prolong your friend's misery.

Personally, I think 12 step programs are retarded, and I don't think all people who abused drugs at one point in their lives need to stay sober for the rest of their lives. But the information right in front of me about MXE coupled with the information I've gathered from my own opiate addiction points to only one logical conclusion: MXE will not help your friend get off of opiates. At best, he will be more comfortable than cold turkey for the first week, offset by the fact that he will feel shitty from the MXE for a period of time after that. A much safer NMDA agonist is available in the form of DXM, low doses of which definitely help with opiate withdrawals.

Just trying to help here. I've been clean from opiates (suboxone included) for a year now, and I can guarantee that if I used other drugs during my first 6 months I would not have made it this far.

Edit: Read the table wrong, MXE apparently doesn't significantly affect opiate receptors. Put what I wrote before inside the NSFW tags.

Last edited:
Anyone else out there who has used or tried MXE to lessen the sickness of quitting opiates 'cold turkey'?

i have no experience with this. but i thought i should mention: i don't think i have seen anyone on this board using MXE for that purpose. As i understand, MXE is used to potentiate the opiate so that dosage of the opiate can be more easily tapered.

also,
MXE significantly affects dopamine and opiate receptors
i don't think this is correct. are you thinking that sigma receptors are opiod receptors? i am not an expert but wikipedia is telling me that sigma and opiod receptors are structurally and functionally distinct.

i don't think this is correct. are you thinking that sigma receptors are opiod receptors? i am not an expert but wikipedia is telling me that sigma and opiod receptors are structurally and functionally distinct.

You're right, edited my post.

You're right, edited my post.
cool. i'm still trying to figure out all this psychopharmacology stuff, myself.

given that it doesn't hit mu opiod receptors...i wonder if taking MXE for "cold turkey" opiate WD might be a really bad idea. it might mean more confusion and nausea on top of the WD symptoms?

MXE in low dOses does not cause confusion nor nausea. I can see low doses helping in getting through the first period of acute withdrawal.
I'm not recommending anyone do it because I'm not sure that it would help, but I think it would.

Yea I gave it toa friend and it nearly erased withdrawals/cravings/everything...

After last nights MXE ride i can say (at least for me) that this is the best psychedelic substance i've ever touched. Nothing, absolutely nothing gives me more insight, more euphoria and an incredible afterwards mood-lift than MXE. I can hardly think of K being better, but i'll try it soon and see how i find it.

Use MXE in moderation (3-4 weeks apart at least) and you'll have a fun time with zero side-effects.

Again, plugging is the way to go!

Yea I gave it toa friend and it nearly erased withdrawals/cravings/everything...

What were the effects of the MXE on your friend? My biggest concern is that he will be out of it, get up and start trying to do stuff. I've read a lot of accounts from MXE users breaking stuff while wandering in a daze. Seems that MXE has Meth-Like effects on some people.

Feel free to PM me.

Have you noticed a decline in friendly relationship after often use MXE?

Last edited:
My biggest concern is that he will be out of it, get up and start trying to do stuff.
Feel free to PM me.

this is not a concern with low doses and sub-hole doses, you can always start from 5mg and don't go over 40. from what i know it helps even in low doses. i know also that other dissociatives like ketamine or dxm help in the same way and with them there is no zombie-walking.

After last nights MXE ride i can say (at least for me) that this is the best psychedelic substance i've ever touched. Nothing, absolutely nothing gives me more insight, more euphoria and an incredible afterwards mood-lift than MXE. I can hardly think of K being better, but i'll try it soon and see how i find it.

Use MXE in moderation (3-4 weeks apart at least) and you'll have a fun time with zero side-effects.

Again, plugging is the way to go!
I completely agree. I have used MXE from around the time that it came out and my love for it has only grown. Ive had periods where i didnt like it as much but that was at times i was using more frequently.
To me it is like the LSD of dissociatives, if that makes sense.

I love ketamine as well and before i tried MXE it was one of my favorite drugs. Its been a couple years since ive done any ketamine though. Im sure i would love it again if/when i use it,
but the experience of the k hole is very different than tripping on MXE for me. The longer duration and slower come up remind me of a more traditional trip and the euphoria is much more pronounced in MXE. Though both give that special after glow feeling equally IMO.

I do believe this is a special compound.

I completely agree. I have used MXE from around the time that it came out and my love for it has only grown. Ive had periods where i didnt like it as much but that was at times i was using more frequently.

I love ketamine as well and before i tried MXE it was one of my favorite drugs. Its been a couple years since ive done any ketamine though. Im sure i would love it again if/when i use it,
but the experience of the k hole is very different than tripping on MXE for me. The longer duration and slower come up remind me of a more traditional trip and the euphoria is much more pronounced in MXE. Though both give that special after glow feeling equally IMO.

I do believe this is a special compound.

Question for you: do you take your MXE oral, sublingual or nasally? I snorted it because that's just what I do with white powder, but I feel like snorting it might have made the experience shorter and the comedown harsher.

This makes perfect sense to me. When I first discovered the beauty of MXE, I could only compare it to the beauty of LSD. I've experienced needlepoint LSD-25 before at 200ug, 450ug then 800ug and it's the only drug that's come close to matching the beauty that is Lucy. It's truly a psychedelic dissociative.

Effuzion, I tend to redose if I'm looking to have a trip. Usually in 30-50mg increments every hour or so till I reach 100-200mg.
But I also enjoy a lone dose of anywhere from 10 to 30 mg's for a mood lift and mild buzz. I find even small doses to be mildly euphoric. And I still find my thoughts being altered at 10mg even though I use 10-20x more to trip.

The most enlightening trips were not dose dependant either. It's always been a toss of the dice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.