View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
^for me dissociatives are by far the most addictive substances out there, and that's coming from a guy who has been physically/psychologically dependent on opiates, benzos, and stims. Pretty much any and everything. I found my robo journal from highschool a few months ago and after adding everything up I realized a took 3.47 ounces of dxm between my freshman and junior years8(. Still not sure how I managed to graduate a year early. Turns out that etizolam withdrawal was blessing in disguise. When taking etiz I would take mxe every night for months on in. Now the w/d's are completely over and I still won't even think about mxe more than 2-3times a month.

Please excuse my poorly worded tangent. Something about my brain being flooded with serotonin makes me want to share!

Last edited:
I really never got dehydrated with it, and I combines it with large quantities of alcohol almost every time I used it......and as far as addictive......shit......I'd say this stuff is just as bad as anything out there.....I could do it every day

LOL. But seriously, the addition potential of this drug is vastly overexaggerated. It's not even physically addictive.

Addiction to dissociatives is much more common and plausible than addiction to psychedelics (which also happens to some people). Dissociatives, especially MXE, do not exact the same toll, at least at first, as psychedelics. A person can do MXE, feel awesome, and have no hangover or side effects to speak of. It's very easy to rationalize doing it again soon, and then again, and again, with increasing frequency. It boils down to the individual. Some people don't have particularly addictive tendencies, and some do. For someone who has them and for whom MXE fulfills something they're looking for, addiction is quite plausible. Whereas for psychedelics like LSD, the experience is very intense and people are not usually inclined to do them again right away.

Addiction can happen with anything. People get addicted to food, sex, and all sorts of more bizarre things (ever watched "My Strange Addiction"?)
Dissociatives do exact a toll on you. They might not cause brain damage but frequent use does lead to temporary cognitive impairment. There is also the issue of bladder toxicity - they are definitely harder on your body than psychedelics.
IDK... personally it's not a drug I like to use too often. I bought 3.5g back in June and only just ran out last weekend. Recreational use is fun once in a while but I mostly just use it for pain relief.
2C-E on the other hand is something I could very easily indulge in a few times a week... it's so much more euphoric and versatile than MXE, plus there's no evidence it causes any physical damage. I limit myself to 2x per week but this is mostly just to preserve the quality of the experience.

^for me dissociatives are by far the most addictive substances out there, and that's coming from a guy who has been physically/psychologically dependent on opiates, benzos, and stims. Pretty much any and everything. I found my robo journal from highschool a few months ago and after adding everything up I realized a took 3.47 ounces of dxm between my freshman and junior years8(. Still not sure how I managed to graduate a year early. Turns out that etizolam withdrawal was blessing in disguise. When taking etiz I would take mxe every night for months on in. Now the w/d's are completely over and I still won't even think about mxe more than 2-3times a month.

Please excuse my poorly worded tangent. Something about my brain being flooded with serotonin makes me want to share!
Wow.
I remember a post I read a while ago from a guy who said that MXE fucked him over worse than heroin.
Can't for the life of me understand this. I can understand psychological addiction (I have a slight problem with weed), but it doesn't cause a physical dependency. With GABA-ergic sedatives and to a lesser extent opiates; severe withdrawal can be fatal. With MXE, the 'need' for the drug is purely psychological.

And another thing: how the fuck are you able to remain a functioning member of society if you're taking dissociative anaesthetics every day? Smoking weed every day is bad enough!

I'd have to say MXE is really the only thing that I ever got hooked on......well, the combo of it weed booze and benzos together

Not anymore so than the previous 15 years before I met MXE......

Benzos are the worst.....I've been off of them for 2 1/2 years and I'll never go back.....love how they make me feel, but not worth it at all......they were my downfall for sure

Wow.
I remember a post I read a while ago from a guy who said that MXE fucked him over worse than heroin.
Can't for the life of me understand this. I can understand psychological addiction (I have a slight problem with weed), but it doesn't cause a physical dependency. With GABA-ergic sedatives and to a lesser extent opiates; severe withdrawal can be fatal. With MXE, the 'need' for the drug is purely psychological.

And another thing: how the fuck are you able to remain a functioning member of society if you're taking dissociative anaesthetics every day? Smoking weed every day is bad enough!

Their lack of physical dependency was a major draw for me. The engulfing warmness that accompanies NDMA antagonisim is just as enjoyable as sniffing a couple bags of good dope IMHO. When considering the empathy and spiritual revelations the body high is just a bonus. As for being able to function, low doses of dxm (300mgs) abolished my crippling social anxiety. Mxe works the same way, however, abusing them wreaks havoc on your cognitive abilities and really screws with your train of thought. After months of using mxe in the same way a stoner smokes weed I seemed to have developed a Tangential Speech like disorder causing me to constantly trail off mid sentence and to draaaaag out my words for a good five seconds while I try to remember the next word.

Last edited:
Their lack of physical dependency was a major draw for me. That engulfing warmness that accompanies NDMA antagonisim is just as enjoyable as sniffing a couple bags of good dope IMHO. When considering the empathy and spiritual revelations the body high is just a bonus. As for being able to function, low doses of dxm (300mgs) abolished my crippling social anxiety. Mxe works the same way, however, abusing them wreaks havoc on your cognitive abilities and really screws with your train of thought. After months of using mxe in the same way a stoner smokes weed I seemed to have developed a Tangential Speech like disorder causing me to constantly trail off mid sentence and to draaaaag out my words for a good five seconds while I try to remember the next word.

Definitely a good reason not to use consistently. I always notice speech impediments after diss binges, but it always goes away with time. I hope this is true for you as well.

Physical dependence is no doubt a factor in worsening addiction (as I well know, having been addicted to opiates for 10 years), but the primary mechanism of addiction is psychological, not physical.

Also for what it's worth, I have gone through less than 3.5 grams of MXE since June (more but I shared almost every time I used it so probably only 2/3 of it went into my brain), and I consider myself to have abused MXE for a period of time between then and now.

Just trying to say, I know a lot of people on here and a few in real life who have had a serious problem with dissociatives, especially MXE. That's great you don't feel it's an issue for you but it's a very real thing for plenty of people.

Also I'm not saying that dissociatives don't actually exact a toll, but individual uses feel more "easy" to me than individual uses of psychedelics. You can dose MXE and there is rarely any difficulty in the experience, whereas with psychedelics there are often negative feelings and anxiety to work through. So it's easier to take dissociatives regularly (for most people).

Indeed, It's pretty much like psychedelic heroin, just keep that in mind.

Also I'm not saying that dissociatives don't actually exact a toll, but individual uses feel more "easy" to me than individual uses of psychedelics. You can dose MXE and there is rarely any difficulty in the experience, whereas with psychedelics there are often negative feelings and anxiety to work through. So it's easier to take dissociatives regularly (for most people).

this right here. Even low doses of psychedelics bring up thoughts and what not. Low doses of mxe are just nice, relaxing, and comfy. These low doses too easily lead into bigger doses. I don't like to come straight out and go for high doses. I like to work up with at least one or two lower doses to ease myself in.

I am not smoking weed like I was last time I used mxe. It is too easy to use mxe frequently (more than once week) just for a mood change/lift in the way I used to use weed. I know this is not good and tolerance is a bitch. On the other hand, I usually have really shitty depression in winter, and using mxe seems to be keeping it at bay more or less. Soooo shake em up and roll em baby, (the dice that is).

I have been using this stuff every night for the past two months almost now. The pressed 25 mg pills I get are bomb and this powder polymorph shit does not even compare. I eat a pill and I am faced whereas with this powder it seems hit or miss and simply not as good though based on weight alone I should be gone.

Find a vendor and stick with it because what I get from one vendor claiming MXE is completely different from the next. I can eat one of these 25 mg MXE pills and pass out yet the powder( different vendor) keeps me up and I need Xanax to come down. How can these be considered the same? Real mxe should be comfy. Am I wrong

Last edited:
Mixed this one with 4-AcO-MET

I met God. Remember the whole thing.

Stopped my diazepam cold turkey and found the cause of my anxiety and how to get through the worst.

Actually reset my receptors, felt it happen, almost got knocked out from the floating benzos hitting reset receptors. Reset my NMDA too.

I really will only trip for recreational purposes. Once you've met God... Its pretty much done.

Tested the theory. Took on shot. Instantly smashed

Last edited by a moderator:
Please be really, really careful stopping benzo use cold turkey. Try to taper

I have tried the taper. The psychiatrist always screws that. You know that they revoked my refill because they found out I was drinking?

If it goes South which I'm really not thinking it will I have 7 months of pills...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say MXE is really the only thing that I ever got hooked on......well, the combo of it weed booze and benzos together

Same the combo is by far my favorite. It's been really hard to quit I have taken MXE for a few weeks now nightly along with my normal doses of etizolam and Xanax with normally an ambien to finish me off. I want to slow down and save the MXE to be used as a learning tool but the effects are just so alluring. Tonight I finally am taking a break from mxe as last night was New Years and I went a little too far. Feeling a bit off the last few days.

Anyways Xanax and some weed sounds good tonight plus a beer to go with it. Cheers.

throw in a couple of 10mg vicodin and its a party!

and when i was using MXE it was a party every damned day.....kind bud was a constant..i smoked from sun up to sundown.......a few beers, dipped finger into bag of MXE, few various benzos.....repeat every 2-3 hours.......and if i had any opiates they were gone ASAP along with this nice concoction

Has anyone tried all the polymorphs? What are the differences in effects between them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.