• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

In Shulgins writeup he mentioned first time doing it was surrounded by unreality and was too much. He did oral dosing. He went higher and sometimes said it was okay and sometimes said, too much.
I understand I'm quoting an old post, but as nobody pointed it out it still feels helpful to clarify that a lot, if not most experience reports in PiHKAL/TiHKAL for the compounds are not by Ann & Alexander Shulgin, but instead the research group surrounding him or even taken from reports sent in to him by letter.

Sometimes it may be helpful to cross-reference Shulgin's pharmacology notebooks, which is possible via the isomerdesign website.

I'm responding to an old post but I want to back this up. I don't think it's a good idea to roll if you're suicidal. I have used psychedelics to pull myself out of suicidal depression but that's not me saying that it'd be fine for everyone. There are certain times in life where it's probably not a good idea to consume anything that can affect mood or behavior.

I've attempted suicide twice. The first time was while I was on 5-MAPB. I always thought if someone would kill themselves because of an empathogen it'd be because of the comedown or recovery week afterwards. I did it during the peak though. Serotonin plays a role in how we experience fear, so it makes sense that taking something that makes you not feel fear might not be a good idea if you've been having suicidal thoughts, as fear and self-preservation are the main reasons people don't attempt suicide.

The second time was while I was in the middle of a meth bender. Don't think I need to explain that one
that was a long time ago, a year when I used deca only which causes low dopamine and increased prolactin. Andrew huberman did a podcast to think about the negative, ive always visualized positive outcomes, and thought bout the absoluete worst as a human, killing myself. I did it based on misinformation and extremely disfunctional brain chemistry .

It took a long time for brain chemistry to return but it did. In a much more Enlighted positive, gratitude nd loving place since then and most of all learned lesson about deca. Dopamine finally went back to original, close to it, or optimal. Thanks for your concern though. I know things can work out in your favor; provided you do what s necessary for them to .

How is rectal compared to oral dosing,? Does it cause a person to administer less milligrams?
I have only done this a couple times, so my sample size isn't great. Dosage-response curves are subject to random outlier experiences. That said, it seemed like rectal and oral dosing had similar potency, unlike the 2C-x series (which is significantly more potent rectally.)

How about dosing this at lower desired dose, for a more empathogenic expirience, then two hours in dosing, for a more psychedlic expirience, dosing again, after empathogen expirience?

Last edited:
How about dosing this at lower desired dose, for a more empathogenic expirience, then two hours in dosing, for a more psychedlic expirience, dosing again, after empathogen expirience?
It might work. People report being able to redose peyote throughout long sessions, so it's possible that the tolerance window might not slam shut a few hours in. But it might.

For reasons I don't understand at all, I've got the impression that booster doses seem to kick in much faster than initial doses. I don't think I'd personally expect a booster to take two additional hours to come on, but there are a lot of reasons I might be wrong about that.