• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to smoke the hcl form of this compound? There is very limited info at the moment on it and I have never vaporized any chemicals beside thc so I don't know if this is advisable or active.

Thanks
You won't get the most out of your chemical this way, but it is definitely active. Mixing with cannabis would probably work better than vaporizing it straight.

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to smoke the hcl form of this compound?
I have only seen it for sale as the fumarate salt (and freebase). I would expect it to be difficult to crystallize the HCl as it is with DMT HCl, considering the structural similarity of the two.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I have seen the HCl for sale as well, so nevermind the above :)

Last edited:
Smoking the HCl vs the Freebase, how would that compare? How much more would you have to smoke and how higher would the melting point be?

Smoking the HCl vs the Freebase, how would that compare? How much more would you have to smoke and how higher would the melting point be?
Who knows. With its "close retaliative" DMT, salt vs FB for smoking doesn't make a huge difference! I haven't tried smoking yet and mine is MET HCl, so i'll report back. IM'ing MET feels exactly like IM'ing DMT except its a bit different, makes me see why people claimed the nickname "DMT lite"!

Smoked freebase MET throughout Independence day. Holy smoked, I had no idea what I gem this was. Oh manoshevits I think it's new favorite of me. Perfect little tryptamine it is.

it's been a while since i've tried it alone. Had somewhat mixed results taking it orally with MAOIs, or metahuasca if you will ;) More recently i made some ganja changa with DMT fb, MET HCl, 4-AcO-DET fb, & Harmine. It was quite interesting. Want to make some with just MET to get a better feel for it on its own. Just trying to vape it in a meth pipe type thing or test tube was largely ineffective as i couldn't hold the smoke in... pretty rough on the ol' lungs & trachea

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the appearance of there met?? Mine has brown spots and smells of vinegar.

The freebase MET I am familiar with is a slightly off white crystalline powder. Looks similar to the 5-MeO-DMT and MiPT I am familiar with. No detectable tryptamine odor from the vial but I definitely taste the 'indole taste' when I take a hit of it.

Thanks for the reply mgs...what i have is supposed to be in hcl form...it reminds me of the smell of some of the 4-aco-dmt i had. I am going to vap some before i try im' ing any of it after i do a allergy test. I planned on im'ng it untell i received and saw what it looked like.

Redeyesmj, if that is the batch I think it is, you should purify it before injecting it. I'm pretty sure the chemists who synthesized it skipped the recrystallization/filtration step. That also goes for the DPT that was produced alongside.

thanks for that info terratic!! Would dmt recrystallization technics work the same with met???

I'm unable to find info on its physical properties and synthesis route; the compound is very novel and uncommon. You'll have to experiment to test its solubility.

The Chinese lab had a big order to fill (approx. 500 g), and so it seems like they had rushed the synthesis, unfortunately, giving a larger yield by not following the last purification step. That's probably why it was so cheap. I have no idea how serious the impurities might be, though.

You can try dissolving it in hot water or naptha, putting it through a micron filter, then evaporating. See if that lightens the discolouration.

I just got samples of both MET and DPT. Both were the same or similar brown/red/orange color. I'm chemically sensitive but neither invoked a hypersensitive reaction, fortunately, but it would seem that they are both a little impure.

The MET seemed more what is it, hydroscopic(?) than the 4-AcO-DMT that I have had... it gummed up as soon as exposed to air. Was hoping to insufflate it but it was nearly impossible to break up. Gummed up on my knife.

In my opinion, you'll get more out of it if you convert it to freebase and vaporize it.

An insignificant impurity of about 2-3% can cause major discolouration, so I'm not sure if it's anything to be disappointed about. I have yet to receive my DPT sample, but I plan on doing an MP test to get a rough idea of its purity.

Do you mind posting pictures?

In my opinion, you'll get more out of it if you convert it to freebase and vaporize it.

An insignificant impurity of about 2-3% can cause major discolouration, so I'm not sure if it's anything to be disappointed about. I have yet to receive my DPT sample, but I plan on doing an MP test to get a rough idea of its purity.

Do you mind posting pictures?
People overthinking it forsure, MET is rare, DPT on the otherhand is as easy to get as sticks in comparison. Let me remind some you of you older's of a funny story, once a super popular still existent yet in reincarted form release purple DPT, there testing yielded it at 98.5 pure, yet no one, and I mean no one had seen purple DPT before, and when indenpendent tests were done, 99% purity was returned.......

I've had cheap DPT that was from one of the most respected sources, in fact this was one of their last synths, DPT, it returned white, vaguely crystyalline when uncrushed, I scored 10g's as it was cheap as dirt and disappearing within days, but that DPT wasn't as strong as the purple DPT, IMO it was a long shot short of thing where 10mgs of the purple IM'ed vs 10mgs of the white was wildly different in strength and the white DPT's testing came in at 99% as well........

People who are stupid enough to say that because the MET "was" brown they would never IM, is about as smart as saying you wouldn't IV it without filter, yet anyone's who smart will tell you......you'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllly reallly want to micron filter that brown MET properly before the injection rather than IV it with no filter............

So this 'brown' MET hcl is for sure MET? I vaped varying doses up to 10 mg of the hcl to no effect which is not surprising as the dose is below threshold but before I continue with larger doses, I want to be sure there are no toxic impurities causing the brown and sticky appearance. The aftertaste is nasty btw burnt plastic or something.

So this 'brown' MET hcl is for sure MET? I vaped varying doses up to 10 mg of the hcl to no effect which is not surprising as the dose is below threshold but before I continue with larger doses, I want to be sure there are no toxic impurities causing the brown and sticky appearance. The aftertaste is nasty btw burnt plastic or something.
I've never had the "luck" of trying "wild" MET, but i'd say with atleast 50grams of DMT IM/IV'd/smoked/insufflated/orally taken has left with a near perfect image of the "typical" simple tyrp's are......and I can say without a doubt that was I was sold as "Brown HCL MET" is exactly as stated.....especially given its closet besides DMT, in a sense DET, is a SI chem!;)

I know what batch you received, and the vendor should have included a (poorly integrated) NMR scan of the product. I'm almost positive it's MET.

Vaporizing the HCl form will give weaker effects, pharmacologically speaking. You should deprotonate (freebase) it first. The impurities left from synthesis, provided that they accurately assessed the purity at >98%, shouldn't be of any worry if you're vaporizing it.

People who are stupid enough to say that because the MET "was" brown they would never IM, is about as smart as saying you wouldn't IV it without filter, yet anyone's who smart will tell you......you'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllly reallly want to micron filter that brown MET properly before the injection rather than IV it with no filter............

Any insoluble material is bad if you plan to inject it, even if it's only 1-2% of the total amount. I know that if the lab did not follow the last recrystallization/filtration step, which is probable, that would be a cause for concern—if you plan to inject it. Since no third parties have bothered to assess the purity of this batch and report it, we have no idea if this "brown" product is actually as pure as the distributor says it is, despite the discrepancies between colour and purity. Better safe than sorry, really.

Thanks for the info Terratic. Hopefully someone will test and report the purity besides the vendor, I don't have the equipment or moneys to do so otherwise I would. But I will attempt to freebase some of it tomorrow if I have time and see what it becomes.