• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Mescaline and Mesc. Cactus Thread - 3rd Button

making tea is not hard at all. there isn't any effective extraction method that is easier than boiled water. don't powderize the skin...just let the chunks sit in there for 12+ hours, boil to smaller amount, strain chunks. consuming it is a different story.

even the easiest and safest of the extractions takes a lot of time and patience, it the odor isn't really fitting for being discreet...

A friend recently did an IPA extraction on 100 grams of peruvian torch producing a nice ball of resin. He was wondering if it will lose potency over time or if it can be stored away for a few months?

^You can store it as long as you want, I believe mescaline does not degrade.

Let us know how it goes when he takes it. A friend of mine also tried that method and found it vomit inducing before the effects took place. It still creates a lot of material compared to a proper extract.

^ Strange, I have personally consumed the same type of extract from 60 grams of P.T. and while it did cause some cramping I never ended up puking.

I have recently acquired 56 grams of Dried Peruvian Torch cactus powder from a fairly well known vendor (wont say who). I am planning on taking it this coming weekend, but I have a few questions.

I don't want to make any teas or anything, I just want to take the powder. Would mixing my dose with water and chugging it be a good method? Should I divide my dose into 2 separate doses around 30 minutes a part? Would putting it all in gel caps be a better idea? I'm open so suggestions.

And also, how much should I take for a strong trip? I am an experienced psychedelic drug user, and this isn't even my first time using Mescaline. It's my first time in 3 years. Back in late 09 I did it a few times. First 3 times I eat straight up fresh cactus flesh. The cactus was Bridgessi. All 3 of those times I was never able to get enough down to have a full blown trip. I definitely got effects, mild but definitely there. Later that year, and the last time I ever tried Mescaline cacti, I bought some Peruvian Torch Powder and took around 22 grams. My method was adding a little bit of water and rolling the powder up into little cactus dough balls. I still couldn't get enough down. 22 grams was all I could do. Now that was the strongest Mescalin experience I ever had. It was a good couple notches above the fresh cactus, some pretty good visuals for a while but nothing too intense. It still wasn't where I wanted to be. So close, yet so damn far. I got a good feel for what Mescaline is like though, and ever since then Ive wanted to go all out and really explore it all the way. Ive done Shrooms probably about 30 times in my life, and at times found some very potent mushrooms. I'm quite experienced with LSD as well. The most LSD Ive ever taken was 9 hits, which was extremely intense for me. On average I do anywhere from 2 to 4 hits of Lucy. So I am pretty experienced with pyches and I really want a full blown Mescaline experience for once. Should I just go for the entire 56 grams, or would that be too intense on my stomach?

Any help/ advice/ tips are very much appreciated.

IME, short of a full extraction, there's no good way to get a bunch of cactus in you. It tastes terrible, it's chalky dry & slimy wet. The tea is pretty disgusting, snotty in texture, but at least with that you can reduce it down to a couple shots worth.

Sorry that's probably not much help

The problem with making tea is I live at home with my parents and I don't think I would ever have a chance to secretly boiling cactus juice for several hours. Plus, I know you loose some of the Mescaline that way. As far as extraction goes, Ive looked into several and have been interested in the food grade limonene extraction for a while. I just don't have a place to do it (at the moment), and in addition to that I don't have the cash to spend on a food dehydrator. They aren't cheap. As I said, Ive done powdered Torch before, and it didn't make me too nauseous. Actually if I remember correctly it didn't give me any real nausea, but it did make my stomach feel... ehh not the greatest. It was hard to move for a while. It was uncomfortable but certainly wasn't anything unbearable for me. If I was on a higher dose experiencing a full blown Mescaline trip it would probably bother me even less.

^If you can't make tea and don't have a place to do a proper extraction you should look into IPA/Grain alcohol extractions. They are some what crude and take 6-8 days but its definitely a step up from eating cactus. I like them because they don't require constant attention. You just have to shake up the jar 2-3 times a day and change out the alcohol every third day, other than that you can put it up somewhere and forget about it. Just make sure that if you use IPA you give it plenty of time to evaporate.

Last edited:
One of my dream drugs to try :(
Any synthetics out there similar? Or should I just shoot for the real thing?

Mescaline HCL

OK, I have layed my hands on a gram of mescaline HCL. Tried an extraction with the delemonine (or whatever its called) last year, got virtually bugger all out of it, a very, very small amount, considering the amount of money I spent dealing with that project I was sorely disappointed! I could feel it but only just and very very slight visuals.

Basically I have 1g of Mescaline HCL (its been sold to me as that anyway) to go at, me and a mate are going to do it in in a few weeks. I have a gram in powder form. Me and my mate are gonna split it 50/50, were both pretty experienced with psychedelics and drugs in general (be it a good 15 years ago)

What do I do with it? Disolve it in water and drink or snort the stuff? - my moneys going on dissolving in warmish water and drinking slowly over about half an hour. Apparently it makes you sick though, that being said ive been sick that many times im surprised ive even mentioned that...

you recon 500mg each will be enough? or should I get some more and go all out for the 750~mg?

me mate is on about getting some "rockstar" coke in, I'm not sure thats a good idea but if the mescaline is a dud its a good fall back plan. If its not a dud then is the coke gonna be ok with the mescaline ? (and lets be honest here beer)

I used to love my physcadeics and have been waiting to try this stuff for about 20 years, I want to rock it.

What do I do with it ?

d-limonene is what you mean. I did an extraction too, but knocked stuff over halfway through and had half of it go down the drain :( Still got about half a gram, which I did as two doses, 200mg and 300mg a couple months later. Yes, it is pretty nauseating, though there are also nice body tingles like you would get from MDMA to take your mind off of that. :)

I would do an allergy dose of 1mg first, then a few days later try around 10mg to rule out a research chem like 2C-E being sold as mescaline (which is a lot more likely than getting actual synthetic mescaline, if you don't personally know an organic chemist). You can just put the powder in an empty gelcap or even wrap it up in a little pouch of toilet paper and swallow it. (Though you'd probably need to use liquid measurement for the allergy dose if you don't have a microgram scale.)

Last edited:
500mg is a pretty high dose from what I've heard but if you're experienced with psyched you should be fine.
Some people get blown out of the water from 300mg though so be careful, but you should be able to judge based on if your dosage for psyches in general is higher than most peoples, specifically phenethylamines.
But this is all anecdotal as I've never tried it but it's definitely on my bucket list

Before you take 500mg of it you need to be aware that the chances of it actually being "Mescaline HCL" are next to nill. If it's a white powder then it'll just be some obscure research chemical. Very, very few people would consider selling Mescaline HCL - it takes an awful lot of time extracting it from cactus and almost everyone would simply take it themselves - unless you're paying £300 a gram.

Just capsule it and swallow it. Real mescaline is very gentle - the gentlest of all the psychedelics. Beautiful experience but you arn't going to be "tripping balls" like you would on a high dose of acid or mushrooms.

There is synthetic mescaline and it isn't necessarily that expensive - I know this from personal experience, had it lab-tested and I tripped two times on it thus far... but yes it is relatively rare, though it may have a better market nowadays with the advent of a 'certain network'.

Still, test it by titrating a dose (at the very least try it at a couple mg, then 25-50 mg before jumping to 500), because it is possible you got something else. Even if it is active at the dosage range it should be it is still possible someone mixed another much cheaper phenethylamine with an inert powder.
Don't take more than 500 mg for a first time. That you had bad luck in the past doesn't mean you should overdo it. Don't expect it to be wildly hallucinogenic, in my experience mescaline just doesn't tend to have the mindfucks and warping but instead is calmer and more visionary (showing you things when you lie down with your eyes closed). Hoping for something it just isn't will only disappoint you which would be a shame since mescaline has it's own sublime charm if you are just open to appreciate it.

The plan to drink a watery solution over the course of half an hour is fine - I've done that - but no need to make the water warm or tepid, that will just make it more revolting. Mescaline should dissolve okay, and you can always stir a bit extra.
Capsuling also works (did that another time with crystals from a different source), but I would recommend spreading the dose over 3 parts spaced again over like half an hour.
Don't snort it, it's way too much and I doubt it would even help.

Personally I think coke and psychedelics are a disgusting mix, a psychedelic trip is beautiful because it shows you something beyond your myopic ego but drugs like coke mostly inflate your ego, your confidence and self-involvement. IMO save it for a totally different day. Just smoke some weed if the trip turned out disappointing.

Here is our subthread specifically for synthetic or at least purified mescaline (rather than cactus / alkaloid mix):
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...escaline-Dosage-amp-Methods-of-Administration
It will be merged later.

(P.S. the solvent is called D-limonene)

Last edited:
Can't imagine coke on mescaline - mescaline is quite stimulating anyway. Plus once the coke dies down it might take a lot of the trip with it. Like when you mix ecstasy with LSD - once the E wears off the trip pretty much dies too.

I agree that cocaine with psychedelic phenethylamines is a horrible combination.

If you do take it in water, you could add some honey and a couple drops of peppermint oil to help mask the bitter taste. That's how I do all of my 2C-Xs, I never bother to cap them anymore. The peppermint oil should help ease the nausea a bit too.

I never got any nausea from mescaline once you'd done a full a/b extraction. Only nausea was eating the cactus or drinking an alcohol extraction.