• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread - Part 2

Someone here ingested 2.5mg's of 25D nbome and also takes 300mg of wellbutrin (I have 25i nbome)
So far that is the best info I have found on the web.

Just how powerful are SSRIs at blocking the effects of psychedelics? Is it possible that 20mg prozac could reduce the effects of 60mg of 4-aco-dmt down to a +1.5 level?

^I wouldn't expect them to be that effective at dampening the psychedelia, no. Of course, they affect everyone differently.

Better prescription anti-depressants for those who regularly use psychedelics?

I would prefer to avoid drugs like SSRIs which decrease the effects of the serotonergic psychedelics such as LSD.

I believe cannabis is the best anti-depressant for me, unfortunately even if I had the freedom to be high all the time, I still can't control the dose of a medication I smoke.

I was using Wellbutrin for awhile which is OK with psychedelics, but it stopped working as well, so I need something new.

In my opinion, you should lay off the psychedelics for a while and work on your issues so you don't have to rely on an anti-depressant in the future. Improving your mental health is something worth working and fighting for, and even if anti-depressants work, they mostly mask the symptoms.

Not the advice you'd like to hear, but it's the best I can give.

In my opinion, you should lay off the psychedelics for a while and work on your issues so you don't have to rely on an anti-depressant in the future. Improving your mental health is something worth working and fighting for, and even if anti-depressants work, they mostly mask the symptoms.

Not the advice you'd like to hear, but it's the best I can give.

This is 100% true, if you take psychedelics too often you are more likely to feel depressed, laying off for a while will be more beneficial than any medication.

^Agreed with the above two posters, but whether or not you're gonna trip is your own business, so:

etasu said:
Better prescription anti-depressants for those who regularly use psychedelics?

Well MAOIs (reversible or not) can be used with many psychedelics, but they have their own issues. Agomelatine is an antagonist at 5-HT2C, but might work within your limits, amisulpride is another option, straight up NRIs (e.g. viloxazine) or NDRIs will be fine too.

Depending on the dose and the person involved, some can trip on SSRIs and such things.

Last edited:
I have been doing a lot of research online about anti-depressants and drugs. Ive found a lot of answers except the one I'm looking for.

I take 60mg a day of Cymbalta (which is a SNRI). I have been on it for a few years for Fibromyalgia, not for depression, but I was looking to see if anyone knew if it would change the effects of 2c-b or molly. I have tried 2c-b twice, the first time was an amazing visual trip along with feeling great. But the second time, I didn't feel much. I'm not sure if I didn't take enough or if it is less affective due to the SNRI. I also tried molly once but didn't notice much. Any answers??

I am currently taking 15mg of Mirtazapine every night for depression. I have a couple tabs of 1200ug Nbome 25i and I'd like to know if there are any dangers of mixing the two.

I had previously been on Zoloft (Sertraline) for the depression and taken half a tab of the nbome and felt some mild effects, a nice trip with very little body load and only slight visuals. I want to try a full tab next but now that I've switched meds I'm worried that there will be adverse effects or it will block the trip completely.

Anyone had experience of the two?

from wikipedia:
Mirtazapine is an antagonist/inverse agonist at the following receptors:[65][66]

5-HT1A receptor (Ki = 18 nM; IC50 = 1,000 nM)[67]
5-HT2A receptor (Ki = 69 nM)
5-HT2B receptor (Ki = ? (~20-fold lower than for 5-HT2A/5-HT2C))[68]
5-HT2C receptor (Ki = 39 nM) (Inverse agonist) [69]
5-HT3 receptor (Ki = ? (similar to 5-HT2A/5-HT2C (mouse neuroblastoma cell)))[70]
5-HT7 receptor (Ki = 265 nM)
α1-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 608 nM (rat))
α2A-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 20 nM)
α2B-adrenergic receptor (Ki = ? nM (likely similar to α2A/α2B-adrenergic))[citation needed]
α2C-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 18 nM)
H1 receptor (Ki = 1.6 nM) [71]
mACh receptors (Ki = 794 nM (rat))
Dopamine D1 receptor (Ki = 4,167 nM)[72]
Dopamine D2 receptor (Ki = 1,460 nM)[73]
Dopamine D3 receptor (Ki = 5,723 nM)[74]
Dopamine D4 receptor (Ki = 25 nM)[73]

Mirtazapine has also shown affinity towards the norepinephrine transporter and perhaps also (results of test unspecified) the serotonin and dopamine transporter:

Norepinephrine transporter (IC50 = 260 nM)[73]
Serotonin transporter (IC50 = 100 nM)[75]
Dopamine transporter (IC50 = 1,000 nM)[76]
i cannot say if it would be a dangerous combination (but i suppose not), but my guess would be that it would weaken or even cancel out the effects of a serotonergic psychedelic (due to being an antagonist at various receptor sites).

Mirtazapine is a serotonergic antagonist and will block many if not all of the effects of psychedelic drugs. I would also very strongly recommend against taking 25I or any other psychedelic while being treated for depression as they have the potential to make things much worse. The NBOMes especially don't even seem to demonstrate the possibility for positive after-effects that other psychedelics do.

I know lithium is contraindicated with tryptamines and phenethylamines--is that just for lithium carbonate or ALL forms of lithium? There's also lithium orotate, which is given at much lower doses, is naturally occurring, and has much fewer side effects, if any.

Has anyone here taken lithium orotate?

All forms of lithium. Whether its naturally occurring or not makes no difference. The lower dose would obviously make it less dangerous but it's still very risky and the conditions it treats are unsuitable for combination with LSD too.

Are valparic acid and sodium valproate contraindicated with psychedelics for any reason? I am also rx'd to buspirone, I assume it would just dampen the effects of a trip. Could someone verify that for me?

Busiprone is a serotonin (1a mainly) antagonist and will significantly educe or even block the effects of psychedelics.

Valproate is an interaction nightmare so could interact but I can;t think of a specific mechanism, so perhaps not.

Yes, definitely.

What springs to mind is that SSRIs reduce the effects of psychedelics. I am not sure how either would influence the stimulating effects of DOC exactly.

Yes, definitely.

What springs to mind is that SSRIs reduce the effects of psychedelics. I am not sure how either would influence the stimulating effects of DOC exactly.

Interestingly enough, Prozac actually seemed to amplify 4-HO-MET's effect on me. Not sure if that's entirely relevant but hey you know. I'd guess that bupropion would essentially cancel most of it out, as it will either block the NET and DAT or simply cause desensitization over time. But I don't really know. I'd suspect its a safe combo, but I'm still quite unsure...

I was recently put on Zyprexa (off label-anxiety, depression)

Half life's are hard to gauge, what would be the most ideal time of cessation before I trip to get full effects?