• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread - Part 2

@dingophone: I disagree with Transform, it may be right in some or even most cases that SSRI's dampen/reduce psychedelic effects but not all cases. From what I read, even if only second-hand accounts - though I've read plenty, it depends on a lot of factors like which SSRI, which psychedelic and personal brain chemistry. Effects may not only be blunted, but it is apparently also possible that they are amplified or modulated in unpredictable ways, some of which may be quite unpleasant.

Be careful, start low / take it easy - most of all don't assume that mixing SSRI's and psychedelics is a simple thing the outcome of which can be calculated and predicted.

As a rule of thumb, 6 half lives. That's between 8 and 13 days depending on your age.

What is the danger of using psychedelics with methylphenidate? (for ADD)
Is it neccesary to quit just that day, a week, or not at all?

I'm currently on a low dosage. Only 2x 5mg's a day, but it might go up to 2x 10.

Looking around didn't yield me any specific results for methylphenidate. However, it is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and according to wikipedia 'Research suggests that 2C-B increases dopamine levels in the brains of rats'
That would suggest this is not a good combination, right?

Can you take 2cb on SSRIs? I know serotonergic drugs are typically dampened with potentially no effects but 2cb is a bit odd compared to lsd say.
Wiki says 2cb has minimal 2a effect, but does suggest it could be an antagonist, and that 5ht2c is the main effect receptor. I assume downregulation means all receptor effects, including antagonism? Is the info about 2c antagonism in this post relevant as 2c-b isn't a serotonin releaser.

Could the SSRI effects be overcome by taking double dose(LSD) or will the trip still be very much different?
*Obviously just doubling the dose is not safe and would work up from a low dose - its not even me on the ssri but i control the drugs and amounts my friends take