• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Integration Thread

Integrating profound experiences

Hi there everybody. I've been lurking around here for a long time and have always found the site informative and helpful, but this is my first post so... Hello!

I wanted to see if anybody had any tips on integrating powerful and profound experiences after having a complex, introspective, and generally incredible trip. It's been about 6 weeks now since I had the particular experience I'm speaking of, and I haven't tripped since.

Like many trips before it, this one showed me things about myself and the world in general, and helped in dealing with some heavy stuff that had been somewhat hanging over my head, but it also showed me so many incredible and complex things.

I feel as if I lifted a curtain and looked behind the universe, suddenly seeing four dimensional geometry that I can explain no better than a two-dimensional being could describe a cube. While there I wordlessly communicated with intelligent beings who provided great insight in dealing with a problem that has plagued me for several years.

None of this would be much of a problem if it weren't for the fact that I cannot stop thinking about that place and those beings. I can hardly apply the things I was taught because I spend so much time trying to understand what I saw, and longing to go back there, and while admittedly I have been tempted to trip on the same combination of psychedelics I know that even if I go into it in a similar set and setting and with a goal in mind, the chances of seeing the same things are slim to none.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and if so do you have any tips for me?

Yeah I experienced a beautiful, profoundly deep 4-ACO-DMT trip 2 weeks ago. I completely let go of the fear of dying, which is ridiculous. I felt as if I dissolved and was reborn. Some of the universe's secrets were also revealed to me. After the trip I have experienced reduced anxiety.

Well you can't go in with the expectation that you will go back to such a wonderful place. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't but I think, you just listen to the drug and it's already taught you something. I know trying to recreate the experience has failed for me before. Psychedelic experiences can be confusing and bizarre and unsatisfying just as they can be mystical and beautiful.

I've been trying to remember aspects of the trip and integrate them into my life, but the details are foggy. At the end of the day, psychedelics can only do so much. I just regard it as a beautiful experience that I had, and that I was lucky to have it. Trying to chase the high or see more than there was is not a good idea. Remember to stay grounded in actual reality as well.

Hi Yannis, sounds like you had a very rewarding experience. Congrats!

Sometimes trips can be so mind blowing and world shattering that they take time to really fully integrate. And that's what it needs, really. Time. You don't have to rush to apply all the knowledge you learned in this particular trip straight away. I mean, to fully integrate everything you experienced is serious business, especially if it requires some serious alterations and adjustments in your life.

Some experiences can have the same intensity as a 'normal world' powerful experience, such as falling in love or losing a loved one or getting a divorce. Likewise, those things aren't comprehended fully at the time, but rather take time in getting used to and understanding their meaning and how they fit into your everyday life. Give yourself time and be confident that things will fall into place eventually.

And you're right that going back to that same place - even when recreating all the circumstances exactly - won't be the same. Treasure the experience as is - something very special to be cherished.

Hope that helps. And if you don't mind my asking - what combination of psychedelics was it you tripped on? Just to satisfy my own curiosity... :)

I wish I could properly retain, and integrate with whatever the fuck happens to me on dissociatives.
I've taken quite a few now, and so many times, and I still have no bloody clue what they actually do to me...

Hope that helps. And if you don't mind my asking - what combination of psychedelics was it you tripped on? Just to satisfy my own curiosity... :)

Thanks for the advice, reverend. Apologies if my previous post seems a little jarring in it's writing - it was originally a separate thread but a mod kindly merged (or integrated? ;)) it with this one.

And to answer your question, I first dosed 1.25mg of 25B-NBOMe and then, using the timescale of previous 25B experiences as a guide, smoked a large quantity of DMT as close to the 25B's peak as I could feasibly still manage to hold the pipe and light it.

For the psychedelic hard-heads among you I highly recommend this pair, especially if you enjoy flipping tryps & phens together. The DMT "lift off" was even more pronounced and spectacular than usual, and the beautiful cascading geometric universe to which it transported me allowed me to stay as a visitor for much longer than DMT alone would have (in both real-world and perceived time) and although while there I wasn't aware of my physical self at all, I could still feel the beautiful warm body high of the 25B-NBOMe as well as hear that typical pulsating low-frequency sound but now as if it was reverberating through the entirety of existence. Even if it hadn't had the depth and purpose that it did, this trip would still have been remarkable from a more fickle and aesthetic perspective.

Dr. Yannis said:
I cannot stop thinking about that place and those beings

Have you read our B&D Entity Contact thread? If not, then it might give you some more to think about.

Dr. Yannis said:
even if I go into it in a similar set and setting and with a goal in mind, the chances of seeing the same things are slim to none.

Smoking DMT on top of a longer acting psych is far out, it might be worth giving it another shot. At the very least you'll know for sure it's not reproducible, unless it turns out that it is.

My main recommendation is to lay off the psychedelics for a few months and do normal things, lest you lose your skepticism and start [figuratively] wearing tinfoil hats.

This X 100000. Thank you for so perfectly capturing how I feel that I can move onto another thread and don't have to type this out myself....MyExcuse is 'legit' dis boy is 'tight' with his knowledge and POV.

Respect!

I honestly believe the best way to integrate any experience into daily life is to just make the experience part of daily life.

Take from that what you will. Food can be psychedelic too, if you use it properly. Why limit the psychedelic experience to only the times you use hallucinogens?

The "psychedelic" state of consciousness, or any state of consciousness caused by drugs is only one sub-type of conscious experience. Imagine all of the different types of "filters" one can put on their consciousness, whatever the catalyst may be, in order to change their perspective.

All we know are our senses, and contrary to popular belief, the exploitation of those senses is the sole purpose of your conscious existence. You, as the conscious executor of decisions for your body, are in full control over what perceptions you will have day in and day out. If you subscribe to the notion that what you experience when not on drugs is normal, baseline, usual, acceptable, then you will limit yourself to that experience at all times. If you accept that what may have been considered normal prior to hallucinogen usage is paltry compared to what is possible, your sober experiences begin to become alive and full with variations on a theme.

That's all conscious experience is, variations on a theme. The main theme is what nature has provided you, society and culture create new theme's which you adopt as you age. Variations on the themes simply involve a temporary change in cast, in lighting, in setting and placement of objects - A grand theater production put on for you and you alone! How wonderful the mind is to provide you with something, that while mind-boggling and awe-inspiring, is so biologically simple to render the entirety of human consciousness as metaphysical substance completely invalid and to dash away any last bit of doubt that we are nothing but self-aware meat.

It is truly a shame that some people take away any other message. How grand and glorious it is to know that Jesus was human, Buddha was human, Muhammad was human, and many other religious leaders! How wonderful it is to realize that all human experience is purely a biological function which we can positively influence at a whim!

Friends, integration is not a task you take upon after an experience. Integration has already happened, it has already begun and been completed by the time you decided to post in this thread and read this reply. What you may have thought was infallible, subconsciously at the least, has been proven to be dynamic. Why else would you continue to use something so utterly shattering to the "safe" and "stable" conscious meta-processor provided by nature? Why would you seek ways and suggestions on how to integrate such experiences into this daily recognition of such an inbred "sober/natural/base-line" processing?

Your mind has been challenged - Think about that will you?