• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

Is there any reason PG wouldn't work in cases where something seems to not want to dissolve in water?

If it is able to dissolve in PG, yes. It should work as far as I know to plug a PG solution, though I'm not sure I'd want to do it too often... then again I don't seem to have a problem drinking PG solution or vaping nicotine in it.

Fa3HeAZ.png

Does anyone know the proper name for this type of syringe? They come with calpol and colic drops for babies but I can't find them elsewhere.

I've tried dropper syringe, baby syringe, infant syringe but none get me any search results.

Try "vaginal applicator", "lube shooter" will also lead you to an alternative method.

tbh I would not advise putting vinegar in ur bum. I tried it when I plugged AMT and it definitely was pretty friggin unpleasant. Even when I used old vodka to plug 2c-b was better. you'll be pooping small amounts of vinegar for a while if you do it with vinegar IME

I recently heard of my friend plugging 3-4 grams of ketamine in the midst of more or less a psychotic episode. I didn't ask him to go into detail but seriously wow. He was at a festival so he definitely didn't dissolve it or anything he probably was pretty much putting huge crystals in his butt. He then proceeded to go a whole night in the woods without water and probably nearly died of dehydration multiple times. The whole story is some straight up new age gonzo journalism shit but I don't wanna get into it without his permission lmao

I have a fairly recently acquired lactose intolerance. Would plugging be a viable method of avoid the problems associated with ingesting lactose orally (when taking for example a tablet binded with lactose), or would it just find its way into the wrong places all the same?

I don't fully understand the biological dynamics at hand here, but I'm thinking it would be pretty much the same. Any of you wise minds got the answer?

I think your probably right Tranced,i believe that plugging just avoids first pass metabolism,it enters straight into your bloodstream via the veins in your rectum and gets to the brain much quicker and therefore much more potent than oral.

Plugging is second to IV IMO and if i had to choose i would much rather plug a drug than inject. I have injected before and really the time it takes to hit you is hardly any different to plugging. I really feel for all the addicts that destroy their viens when they could plug and get more or less the same effect,maybe its the stigma attached to plugging,but then isn`t there a stigma attached to injecting?

Oh and the oral syringe that augustab pointed out is the best for plugging,it takes a good amount of water,5mls,which helps with absorbtion,you need a good amount of water.

If you indeed care about harm reduction, plugging drugs (except suppositories) is despite to contrary belief not a safe ROA, at all!
Think of the possible rectal cancer, colon cancer, inflammation of the colon & rectal cavity.........this is not safe.....dare I say maybe one should inject in their veins or muscle if they are so inclined to get high.

^ Do you have any reason to believe this risk is greater than with say sublingual dosing or insufflation?

An interesting thread indeed. Let me just say that I have very recently come back to psychedelics after a two decade hiatus. My previous exploits were the usual teenage recklessness whereas nowadays I am much more responsible. Anyway, I've only dosed orally a few times in my latest excursions, with the vast majority being rectal. Here are my observations for what it's worth! It is quite long, so apologies in advance...

1. Tools. A certain large online retailer sells oral syringes in various sizes. You can buy in bulk (I picked up a pack of twenty) very cheaply. They also come with universal stoppers. The stoppers are a plastic graduated design with a hole in the middle. They can be placed on the top of a bottle enabling you to hold the bottle upside down and draw the liquid into the syringe with no loss. The syringes themselves are cylindrical with a stubby end about a fifth of the diameter of the main syringe to enable it to be inserted into the stopper. Of course, this has the added benefit of being easier to insert rectally.

2. All chemicals I purchase are disolved in dH2O using mg scales and a measuring cylinder. A funnel ensures no spills. I picked up 30 100ml amber bottles from the same retailer (they are advertised as being for aromatherpy). As a result I dissolve all my substances into a mixture of 5% vodka and 95% dH2O and store them in the fridge.

3. Prior to administration, always perform a bowel evacuation; don't strain! Contrary to popular belief, feces do not occupy the rectal cavity until they are ready to evacuate; they remain in the colon until the combination of bile and gravity drops them into the rectal cavity. When the sphincter feels the pressure this is fed back to the brain alerting you to an impending evacuation. If you are applying minimal pressure and nothing is born then there is probably very little in the area where your substances will be absorbed and you are good to go.

4. Prior to step 3 I will have decanted the amount of substance I want to ingest into a clean bottle and immersed in a cup of just above room temperature water. As the volume of liquid tends to be relatively small it will warm quickly and be ready by the time step 3 is done.

5. Using a water-based lubricant, use your index finger to gently lubricate around your insertion site. You can also use your little finger to relax the sphincter as it is generally around the same width as the syringe. It is good to do this as it will make insertion smoother.

6. Apply some lube to the syringe itself. Obviously this will also ease insertion!

7. Bend over and insert the syringe. You do not want to force this so take your time. One technique is to push down as if defecating and then insert; after pushing down and relaxing the cavity is more amenable to receiving your anal present!

8. Push the plunger. If you can, push it fast to squirt it in, but this is not essential. So long as you get past the second sphincter you are set.

9. Stand up, wash up and carry on as normal until the effects hit. Nothing will leak out, and if you do feel some pressure then simply clench a bit as if you are delaying a visit to the toilet. Really there is no need to take any special position in order to ensure absorption. So long as you have gone past the second sphincter the chemical will be absorbed.

Please note that I do not advocate all of the doses taken below. Where applicable I have mentioned where tolerance was in effect.
I have tried rectal with the following substances:

2C-B: range 5-15mg. 5mg provided a fairly decent trip with nice euphoria and some visuals. First alerts were within 10 minutes and I peaked within one hour. Administering at 11pm, I was able to sleep at 4am.
15mg was more intense with the sort of effect I have had from c.25mg oral at about ++/+++. The come up is a little jittery, but I find this the case with 2C-B generally and have concluded that it is the least favourite of the 2Cs I have tried. First alerts came within five minutes and peak was at one hour. With this dose I came back close to baseline at about 6 hours, although I did lengthen the trip with weed.
I also had a combination of 10mg 2c-b rectal and 4-HO-MET oral. According to my notes, I dosed the 4-HO-MET around 7 minutes after the 2c-b as 4-HO-MET always comes on quickly for me. My notes state that a + was achieved after an hour, but with the aid of weed I was able to propel it to a strong ++. There will have been some tolerance issues with this one though.

2C-C: range 13-25mg.
The 13mg dose was in combination with 10mg of oral 4-HO-MET so it is hard to recount the exact effects of the plug alone. The 4-HO-MET was dosed about 7 minutes after the 2c-c as 4-HO-MET always comes on quickly for me. My notes suggest that a ++ was achieved within 30 minutes and peak attained within an hour. I was able to renew my football season ticket and perform some online banking after 2 hours, so in terms of clarity the rectal administration is much the same as oral. I stopped taking notes a 2:15 when I took a second vape but I do remember reaching a decent +++. Baseline was reached after about 6 hours.

25mg 2C-C on its own was reasonable, but again, I prefer either 4-HO-MET or 2C-E over B or C. 25mg was ++ bordering +++ when combined with weed at the Peak. 2C-C seems to be a better in combination than alone IMHO. Baseline was reached after about 6 hours when I fell asleep.

2c-e: range 4 - 7.5. I have taken 2c-e up to 15mg oral in the past and was keen to test the 2x potency theory.

The 4mg was supposed to be a test of the substance whilst working from home one Friday morning. Within 15 minutes I noticed that a striped duvet cover drying in the radiator was performing a boogey and figured that I was in for a stronger ride than intended, so I decided to lie back and enjoy it. I didn't keep notes on this one, but I attained a decent ++ at the Peak when combined with weed. Peak reached in about 1.5 hours, plateau 2 hours and baseline at 7 hours. That taught me that 2c-e was the real deal!

7.5mg: Again I wasn't really in the habit of keeping notes at this point, but a strong ++/weak +++ was reached with weed. First alerts within 15 minutes, peak about 1.25 hours, plateau 2.5 hours and baseline about 8 hours. This was similar to the 14mg oral dose with the duration shortened by about an hour.

Addendum: Use of plugging to boost trips.
I have used plugging fairly extensively to boost existing trips. On a 15mg oral 2C-E trip I boosted with a 6mg rectal dose at 1:45. This raised the intensity and no doubt prolonged the experience and a moderate +++ was reached. I think the total duration came in around 12 hours. This was done under some tolerance however.

DOC: I consumed 3mg DOC sublingually and boosted with 3mg rectal 2c-p after 6 hours, achieving a strong +++. At 10 hours I added 11mg rectal 2c-c, but the additional effects were, as you'd expect, fairly minor, merely boosting visuals for an hour or so. I then added another 3mg 2c-p at 12 hours and went back to +++ for another 2 hours. All this was under existing tolerance, so I do not recommend these doses! I rarely have the chance to use DOC due to other commitments so I tend to go for broke when I do.
On another occasion I consumed 4.5mg of sublingual DOC (again in had tolerance going on) and took 5mg of rectal 2C-E at hour 10. This seemed to re-establish the DOC plateau with the trip overall extending to about 16 hours.

I have found no real body load with any of the plugged substances. The only small issues I have had were some loose stools shortly after the larger of the 2c-c trips which I actually attribute more to the large quantity of grapes I had earlier consumed that the drug itself. I actually get more body load in terms of minor vaso constriction from 4-HO-MET oral that I have from any of the plugged substances.

I do take magnesium, l-arginine and multi-vitiman supplements daily whether tripping or jot as I figure that long term usage will help ease any tripping body load. It seems to work for me.

The conclusion is that I always plug substances where possible, the only exceptions being blotters (acid and my DOC supply is on blotters) and 4-HO-MET as my current supply is on gel tabs. I'm not sure that I would plug 4-HO-MET as the come up is already very quick, although when I receive my powder I may test to see if it reduces the body load.

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the flow of this thread, but I have kinda gross question?
This last few days I've had freedom of no kids, and have been plugging through my 5 yr old stash of 2c-E,D &C -I hate snorting. Anyway, now I have super-acidic shit paste that's making my rectum bleed, and confining me to the shitter.
Sorry for the tmi, but this the rectal ad thd, thanks

Sorry to interrupt the flow of this thread, but I have kinda gross question?
This last few days I've had freedom of no kids, and have been plugging through my 5 yr old stash of 2c-E,D &C -I hate snorting. Anyway, now I have super-acidic shit paste that's making my rectum bleed, and confining me to the shitter.
Sorry for the tmi, but this the rectal ad thd, thanks

Sounds unpleasant! What liquid were they stored in and what sort of quantities have you been taking? I've plugged various 2Cs in a single day when redosing, but don't tend to dose within a few days of previous trips. Sounds like either something has reacted in the liquid over the five years, or your body is complaining about the amount that is being ingested.

Yea how much psychedelic material in total have you plugged? What kind of carrier solution? How long had it been in solution? Any changes in diet during this time, or particularly unhealthy eating? Any alcohol consumption?

I've never had issues with plugging anything and most people don't so there's something off with your situation (obviously).

Also, in a place such as BL don't worry about giving too much information, we're all open minded and accepting adults here. What you said isn't even near disgusting or offensive.

Alright Xorkoth, you made the thread, so time to gather and compile all the informational little tidbits into something that's a little more concise than a 10-page megathread. A good idea would be to put it into the OP since that's where search results lead.

I've posted on the Lyrica thread but I thought I would try here too. Does anyone know if you can plug Lyrica? Is there to much powder?

Hey guys I saw lots of info about gel cap plugging but not gel tab plugging. I know they are less common but almost all my lower dose drugs come this way now (love the vendor).

A geltab is this. http://www.tagohio.com/images/lsd_geltab2.jpg

Any clue if that would dissolve? Made of gelatin so I guess it would but figured I'd ask.

Does it really takes 25 minutes as the guide suggest?

In my experience, no. Having said that, I've only ever plugged substances that dissolve fully, wheras that guide is for opiates/MDMA which may not fully dissolve.
Honestly, you may feel some pressure for a few minutes after plugging, but it will subside after which you can get up and move around. Obviously the more liquid you use the more presure you will feel, but I often plug 5ml with no issues whatsoever and the liquid is fully absorbed within about 15 minutes. You don't need to lie on your side for that long though; ten minutes lying on your back is generally more than enough IMHO.

At this point I usually don't even wait five. Most the time I immediately get up and find no diminished effects. You'll have to find what works for you.