• MPT

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • PiPT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
Somehow, this has never been given its own thread here on Bluelight. So here we go?
Which base tryptamine is your favorite?

Hard to be objective since dmt is so much easy to obtain.
Ive dabbled with amt,dpt,dipt and met.
However didnt have enough material to really compare to dmt.
Met is the one i got least effects from.
I think i tried plugging some and did a few hits smoked of a Coke can.
Dipt and DPT def have very interesting things going for Them

Base trips are probably the lessers explored ones... at least by me. They are not very potent, and therefore expensive.

I have only tried dmt, amt and dpt. Would love to try all, but I dont have enought datapoints to vote. AMT and DMT are such a gems for sure. magical half dozen stuff.

DPT I didnt liked, comparatively, that much

I can't really vote either, having only tried DPT. I have a pretty good idea what DMT would be like triangulating from the effects of various psychedelics, and from reading TRs. I'm sure I'd like it. MET is very attractive but haven't had the chance. aMT is so classic, wish I'd snatched some up when I had the chance, at least to try it. DiPT sounds like one of the most novel psychedelics. MALT and EPT call out to me as well, but I can't remember why...

Man, this is a tricky one.

I've never vaped DiPT, just insufflated it.
aMT I've only used rectally.
I've never used MET, DPT, or EPT productively any way except vaped.
I feel like MET could be good if I could just get the dose high enough.
DMT is wildly different with a MAOi, but it's still the only one I've combined one with.
PiPT I actively did not like the one time I tried it.
Never tried DALT or MALT. Probably never will. Or DET. Or MPT...I gotta get around to that.

Gonna have to give this some thought.
I think until I get around to taking MPT and taking Syrian Rue with MET, it's gonna be between EPT and DMT. Totally opposite ends of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Yeah this is tough. DMT is sort of the obvious choice overall, as it is just so special and powerful. But there are some real gems, notably DiPT (possibly the most unique psychedelic of all psychedelics), AMT (so good, also unique among tryptamines), and DPT (haven't tried yet but according to literally everyone it is amazing and among the very deepest and most powerful of psychedelics).

In past years I would have voted AMT for sure, not sure if I would today though. I might vote DPT, except I haven't tried it.

I voted DiPT for uniqueness and because -unlike with DiPT- I have yet to successfully have a proper full DMT experience.

Yeah, I will happily vape EPT on a weeknight without much thought, while it's been years and years since I've touched DMT. But that doesn't take away from DMT's significance. Quite the opposite.

After much deliberation, I had to go with DMT. Mostly because the last time I did it, I finally had a proper breakthrough and it was incredibly mind-blowing, involving sharing consciousness with another person and experiencing impossible things.

I would love to have more to contribute here. 😁

Having only tried DPT and DiPT, i say DiPT. It's just so unique, not only in its audio distortions but in the headspace too. Dark, soft and dreamy, with a hint of dissociation. Very different from the "alert, emergency" vibes of most tryptamines.

I can imagine DiPT compares very favorably with the rest as well. DMT is something i gotta try however.

Over the years, come to think of it, I’d say that symmetric tryptamines are the ones I like better. At least when it comes to the 4-substituted tryptamines. With the 5meo tryptamines i don’t think That this generalization holds true.

AMT is 100% different, it's more like MDA than it is like a psychedelic. Great drug, but nothing even remotely resembling any other tryptamine

I was really bummed that I didn't like it, but I shouldn't have been surprised. I may try it at 10mg someday to see if it adds some sparkle.

It's a very tough call between DMT and DPT ....but DPT is just more hardcore in my opinion....DMT is more forgiving and sometimes I just like to get blown into the psychedelic stratosphere.

DiPT? Or AMT?
aMT. Neither my friend nor I liked it even one iota. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't at all enjoyable and it lasted an eternity. It might have been diverting if it lasted 4, tolerable if it lasted six, but it was as stable and imperturbable as a DOx. I guess my brain doesn't just dislike serotonin releasers, it also doesn't like serotonin imposters if they're close enough to be convincing.

DiPT I quite liked! I keep wanting to revisit it, but you know how it is. I liked the headspace, the somatic sensations, the whole shebang. I think it could possibly be nice to vape. Insufflation was pretty ideal, though. The 4-HO sub never really sparked for me. I'm sad I missed the acetoxy. That one sounded special.

Over the years, come to think of it, I’d say that symmetric tryptamines are the ones I like better. At least when it comes to the 4-substituted tryptamines. With the 5meo tryptamines i don’t think That this generalization holds true.

I just remembered that the last sentence is totally true for me. I just loved 5meo-met and 5meo-mipt but found 5meo-dipt a bit lackluster and really hated 5meo-dmt and 5meo-dalt. I just liked all other dipts there are…

Good to know. I also liked 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MET a lot, and didn't care for 5-MeO-DMT the one time I tried it. 5-MeO-MALT felt bad and made me cramp during titration, so I never proceeded. Those are the only ones I've tried.

Reactions: izo