View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice on the DXM interaction thread that mixing DXM with yohimbe could cause problems in the Olneys legions area but not so much serotonin?? What about kratom? (any daily kratom heads use DXM?) Or use kratom for the beginning or comedown? I know a small DXM dose for cough (30-50 mgs) there is no effect whatsoever when mixing with many things.

This is all hypothetical as after many years of wondering I simply pass it up. I don't know why even when curiosity could kill the cat. A traditional on those nights is usually reached for in place of DXM when the time presents itself.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to info on why DXM is more dangerous than K? From reading the DXM FAQ on erowid, it seems that all NMDA antagonists have the potential to cause brain damage. Is it because of the long duration of DXM vs short duration of K?

In general, could someone point me to some theories on DXM neurotoxicity?

for me DXM is just like a dirty ketamine feeling, with nausea... i've tripped maybe a dozen times on DXM and a few hundred on ketamine, i def prefer ket;)

for me DXM is just like a dirty ketamine feeling, with nausea... i've tripped maybe a dozen times on DXM and a few hundred on ketamine, i def prefer ket;)

This is the same thing ive heard from anyone who has done both. Makes me wish there was K in my area. I loved the distortion DXM gave to reality.

This is the same thing ive heard from anyone who has done both. Makes me wish there was K in my area. I loved the distortion DXM gave to reality.

Yeah K is much better, but DXM does have some unique things about it as well. To me DXM also feels distinctly "dirtier" and toxic than K, but I am looking for more neurological reasons behind these feelings.

Funny enough ketamine feels dirty to me also. From a new sealed vial of Ketaset the only IM dose that blew me away was the first one. I IM'd about 75mg and road a giant wave past death. It was asounding. After that no dose matched up to it. I tried lighter doses, heavier doses, etc. Lighter ones were distorting and heavy ones too produced amnesia. So after about 15 tries in 3 weeks I tossed the bottle (ease up on me wasting ketamine this was 19 years ago... lol) I was not clear headed after a ketamine trip and at that time usually judged a drug based off how well I could play guitar after. I couldn't. The after effects of ketamine felt polluting. I guess this wasn't a fair comparison as I was comparing to LSD and mushrooms which of course produced such clarity and awareness.

Naturally the thought that an OTC dissociative like DXM exists has me curious. I'd like to judge for myself even once but I can't get myself to take 200+ mgs of cough medicine. Maybe someday just to satisfy curiosity. But to me to say ketamine is cleaner doesn't inspire me much. But I see both dissociatives have their credible fans and I find it interesting reading these posts.

I agree with ^^^, DXM gives me a ditry feeling so i decided to stay away from it after 3 or 4 tries. Not that i havent had some good times....

Im halfway considering a taking a moderate dose of DXM and going to a rave on halloween as a zombie...

I will have to find the right kind of party for that one though....

possible stimulating euphoria from dxm?

Ok so i pretty much decided im gonna try some dxm 2nite after work and had a few questions about dosage and maybe if could possibly "control the mood of the drug" so to speak. Im looking for a stimulating yet slightly sedated euphoric type high. Ive heard this is usually the result of lower doses but im just trying to see if maybe neone could give me some advice as t how much i should take. I was also wondering if there was something OTC like maybe ephedra or something I could safely take to add to the stimulating effects of the high? ive only used dxm once before and that was an extremely high dose and tripping balls. I do not want to be tripping. I just want to feel really good. Im 6' 170lbs. I also take 2mg suboxne a day in te morning. I will be using Delsym due to the price. I am open to all coments and suggestions and they are all very much appreciated!

If you're looking for that 'euphoric' type of high, I would recommend starting at a lower dosage of around 300 mg. My first experience with DXM was 300 mg and I was pretty damn high. The first couple of plateau's are just basically chill and mellow (which is what you want), but when you start getting into the third, you begin to experience more of the dissosiative effects of DXM. So yeah, I'd say around 300 mg will get you feelin' pretty good. Not too sure about what can potentiate DXM that's OTC, but for me a cig really helps add to the effects.

Enjoy, and let us know what happens.

Last edited:
300 mg is about where the second plateau begins which is starting dissociation, for the effects you describe, more euphoric and stimulating... that is the higher part of the so called first plateau: I would use 200-250 mg.
It may be counterintuitive to take less, but I assure you if you dose too high, the euphoria can actually be less. The same goes for GHB, at around 2,5-3 ml it is more euphoric and 'up' while at 4-5 ml it is still very nice but more down, sedated and tranquil.

Actually the 1st plateau is the most stimulating and euphoric.

2nd Plateau is too high if you want a more MDA/MDMA/speedy type buzz. Sure it's not EXACTLY like MDMA but it's like a very mild version. I've done 100% mdma before so I am credible!

2nd plateau is more spacey/sedating-type euphoria. You may even start to feel slight dissociation at that level but not quite all the way like the 3rd platea.

The 1st plateau is very easy to "overshoot". Start very low to see how you react.

Check out dextroverse. http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html

Scroll to the bottom of that website and calculate with your weight/how much you need.

Since DXM is a chemical that effects people different by weight also.

There is plenty information on the net on recommended dosages per kg. Make sure you are educated in what dose you are taking. But considering your weight, I think you could do around 350mg and feel pretty euphoric. Although dxm is pretty strange for me. First time I did 300mg I felt one with my surroundings and had a great feeling of compassion and optimism for everything, especially the people in my life. Second time I did a little over 300mg, maybe like 320mg, and I felt like an angry-Oscar Wilde shouting Bill Cosby.

I hear that lower doses are more of a drunken like state of mind, and I really don't see that as being overly euphoric considering you could drink moderate amounts of alcohol and achieve a similar feeling without the confusion you may experience with DXM.

Ok so ill probably start out quite low then and work my way up until I see fit. I just remember taking it one other time when I was like 17 and well; to say the least I believe I took too much. I was so excited to go to this party with all these hot chicks and my buddy was like come over here and lets drink a shitload of cough syrup. Next thing I know we are running around some dudes apartment that we don't even know in our underwear because we thought it was vietnam and we were in the middle of a firefight in a dense jungle. I actually watched the guy tripping with me shit on this dudes kitchen floor! LMAO! OMG that shit is still so funny. He had his own personal squatter hole. This was around 5am i was starting to come to at this point yet still lucid dreaming is the only way I can explain it. Ill just be chillin at my pc 2nite surfin the net and playin games so I just wanna take enough to make me feel good and keep me entertained. Ill let ya know how it goes.

I took like 350mgs. Its a rough come up. I threw up 3 separate times. Now that I'm at my destination, the peak, its pretty nice but the road there was treacherous. This is my 5th time with dxm and I think on the come up I always swear I'll never do it again. This drug is alright for something you can buy otc but its rough on me. Other psyches aren't as vicious to me. Siting here sipping beer is pretty awesome but I'm not sure the agony associated with DXM is worth it. Its a little euphoric.

once you get towards your 10th time, your body adapts, and the come-ups aren't nearly as rough. I only barf if I take a 3rd plateau dose after like a 6 month break. Otherwise I never barf, or feel sick. one quick diahrea like session on the toilet is typical though, but actually enjoyable. feels very "cleansing"

to answer a couple questions above, dxm and kratom (at least bali kratom) is fine.

it takes anywhere from 0-24 hours to act completely sober (as in afterglow finished) after taking dxm, 1st plateau doses you won't appear intoxicated most likely (possible pupil dilation however,) 2nd plateau about 10-12 hours, 3rd and 4th plateau approaching 24 hours.

dxm is my 2nd favorite drug of all time, behind only ghb/gbl/1,4b.
and i've tried a bunch of psychedelics, the other dissasociatives (k and pcp), uppers including crack, meth, and pretty much every script, downers including heroin, other opiates, bunch of benzos, dank bud, clean rolls, etc.
the only reason ghb beats it out is cuz dxm makes it impossible to cum.

i've done dxm probably 500 times (i'm 22) and i think it burned me out somewhat. i'm pretty damn lazy, don't know if it's from brain damage or all the times i tripped on dxm acid and mushrooms made me not give a shit about being productive (probably both).

Im kind of contemplating a 900mg DXM trip...

My last time was 600mg and the highest i have ever gone, and it owned me....

But as the psychonaught personality i have entails, im still asking how far down does the rabbit hole go....

how much of a difference is 900mg over 600mg?

this is one of the few instances i might consider a trip sitter to be a possibility, although i figure at that sort of dose im not going to be "here" enough for a trip sitter to really be productive.... this will put me at the edge of a 4th plateau.... a little more than 15mg/kg....

im wondering if i should just make it a solid 1000mg and get a solid 4th plateau just so i can be satisfied that i went as far as i saftley could with this drug.....

I had to go into work at 9am after my last DXM trip. My brain was so fried I just wandered around the kitchen for about an hour trying to figure out how to assemble cardboard boxes. Luckily my boss didn't come in until about an hour and a half after me. Once I had two bottles of water in me I could kind of function. I don't think the hang over is worth it, and I only drank one 4oz bottle of syrup. I think it would be foolish to take anything over a second plateau trip. If you want an amazing psychedelic experience there are so many better drugs to use to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.