• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy Changa Thread - 1st Toke Over the Line

hi everybody,me and a couple of friends discovered changa a couple of years ago,ive smoked it while on ketamine,which was very interesting to say the least lol...this year i was fortunate enough to get hold of a couple of acid tabs,me and my friends also made a brew up with caarpi,mushrooms and blue locust flowers,we ate green and blacks chocolate ,when i was peeking from the acid and shrooms i smoked some changa,it made the effects of the changa last for about half an hour! in that half an hour the ayahuasca spirit gave me some kind of reiki,it was a very real and magical amazing experience,for 2 years my back had been in a bad way from scaffolding,the day after the healing my back was sorted out and has been ever since, we had read that the chocolate works as a maoi,it did along with the shrooms and acid,if you like changa youve gotta try my recipe lol-light and love

^Chocolate isn't a MAOi, and is actually not very wise to use with one.

DPT, MET and other analogs are no longer being used. the formula for a guaranteed ++++ each and every time is acacialoid DMT 50% by weight, b.caapi 45%, blue lotus / other 'neutral' carrier herbs 5%.

some combinations that I've tried that work well:

kanna + DMT + cannabis

DMT + harmaline hcl + cannabis

DMT + b caapi leaves + cannabis

DMT + b caapi + poppy pod tea

DMT + MET + harmaline hcl

DPT + MET + harmaline hcl

Has anyone tried snorting harmine hcl before smoking dmt? If so what would a good dose be?

^ is that caapi leaves? or vine shavings?

freshly dried leaf works well - accounting for seasonal variation in alk. concentration - it tends to provide for a more relaxed, cushion-type experience, but for ceremonial grade blends, vine shavings from a particularly wisened caapi. in choosing your caapi, go for the vine pieces that still are not completely dried through and will resist being twisted against their natural helical curve.

Last edited:
shakti what purpose would snorting achieve? My understanding is you want it in your stomach literally to do its work.

How can smoking an MAOI get anywhere near enough into your body to create an MAOI effect?

Are we sure it's not the placebo effect people are noticing?

^The harmala alkaloids are active at very low doses, sub-milligram, when smoked or so I have read. My thing lies in the fact that MAOi needs to occurr before the DMT enters for the inhibition to prolong the effects of changa; obviously a fair bit of DMT is still chewed up by MAO A as changa's effect, while longer lasting the plain n,n,DMT, isn't all that much longer as much as stronger.

^at stated concentrations, the overall experience is in most subjects prolonged by the caapi to ~60+ minutes, with the out of body component lasting 15-20 minutes, active psychedelia for ~45 minutes, subjectively perceived 'off baseline' for up to an hour - and longer in some cases.

i would also be amiss not to mention the prolonged medicinal and antidepressant effects which i believe are due to the unique pharmacospiritual profile of DMT/caapi blend, examples of which include disappearance of 'voices' aka auditory hallucinations in a borderline paranoid schizophrenic patient for up to 2 weeks following 1-time administration; complete disappearance of fear of death specifically and fear in general in a preoperative patient with an aesophageal tumour; total cessation of OCD symptomatics in a number of cases, again with one-time admin and general feedback that significant antidepressant action is noted for up to a week following the respective ++++'s.

very very far from even the most active of placebos ;-)

^Interesting (particualrly the reduction in voices under schizophrenia). Are you saying the MAO inhibiton contributes to this anti-depressant effect, or moreso the experience? DMT is easily the most therapuetic tool. Also, nanobrain, I let my email adress lapse, but I shall return fire to you shortly :)

there was a thread a while ago started by yaesutom where he described giving a schizophrenic friend of his DMT and it helping him significantly.

just thought id throw that inthere since nano brought it up.

harmaline definitely works smoked! but after a few times I would have to say I don't recommend it, because it does feel like an irritant to lung tissue.

I would prefer to swallow a capsule of harmaline and then a few moments (15 mins?) later smoke some DMT.

this works best for my goals (potentiation/lengthening the trip).

Freebase whatever your smoking if you smoke it....

would the MAOI reach the brain and have the effects it needs before the DMT trip was over?

that said, has anyone done some MAOIs and then smoked DMT? that would be one hell of a ride...

ok, lets think a bit. for oral ayahuasca, since the DMT is rapidly broken down by gut and hepatic MAO, oral MAOI is required - the caapi - whose alkaloids are also partially subject to metabolic breakdown before producing the desired inhibitory effects. bioavailability via oral shows a wide variability depending on individual metabolic nuances.

this however is not the case with the smoked ayahuasca - this ROA bypasses the gut/liver MAO altogether, delivering a hefty dose of caapi alkaloids (as pointed out by Folias above, caapi is orders of magnitude more potent as a MAOI than harmine) in tandem with the DMT right across the ol'BBB.

the experiential/cognitive/behavioral states described by neuropsychopharmacologically trained individuals and by those who also sampled the constituent crystal in same doses sans caapi confirm transitory but almost complete MAO inhibition which certainly makes sense from the potentiation and prolongation perspectives.

Last edited:
shakti what purpose would snorting achieve? My understanding is you want it in your stomach literally to do its work.

Well, as I see it there are two reasons. If you're going to smoke the dmt, then you're bypassing the gut MAO, so to inhibit the mao in your gut is pointless. If you snort the harmine then it wont be caught up in you gut and will work to inhibit the MAO in your cns, thus having a more pronounced effect on your experience.