View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: this was a mispost that has been reposted in the correct thread. It is a trip report for Methoxetamine, an entirely different compound. If you're curious, it can be found here.

-Solistus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey "the last modernist"

Your reactions were very odd for Methylone... its quite possible someone sold you something else (Mephedrone perhaps?) labeled as Methylone.

Then again your route of admin and dose were off-kilter as well.

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE INSIST ON STUFFING EVERYTHING UP THEIR NOSE??? Really a bad idea with some substances. Are you trying to stretch your stash?

Some things do not work well that way, and I've heard Methylone is one of those.

It may allow for things to be absorbed more rapidly, but, and listen carefully: WITH SOME DRUGS MORE GRADUAL ABSORPTION IS IN FACT DESIRABLE, TO ALLOW YOUR SYSTEM TO REACT PROPERLY AND ADJUST.

If you still have some left, wait a few days to allow your system to reset, then, on an empty stomach, having not eaten for 2-3 hours, SWOLLOW 175mg.

Read trip reports on Methylone at Erowid of people who took the proper dose ORALLY. Almost all of them report:

- First alerts 15-20 min
- Rising, building physical stimulation
- At 45 min to 1 hour, the intense stimulation DISSOLVES and one feels it melting away to reveal a full-body wave of glowing euphoria, an ecstatic physical buzz at times accompanied by very pleasant skin and scalp tingling
- At the same time an emotional feeling of "ease", as if the weight of a world's worth of chronic worry was being lifted from your shoulders.
- After this euphoria wears off in about an hour, a still pleasant feeling, along with a mild to moderately strong sense of stimulation which may linger for 3-5 hrs.

So you did it the wrong route, nasal which probably caused it to be absorbed too fast (also missing 1st pass metabolism by stomach chemistry and the liver which may be needed for it to have the desired euphoric effects).... AND you did too little compared to a known-to-be-standard oral dosage.

These recommendations are not universal (some get off fine on 150mg, most say that does very little and they do not get the euphoria phase without at least 175mg) but they are the MOST COMMON DENOMINATOR... I believe more than half of users will agree with the guidance in this post.

More than 175-200mg is a waste and just increases lingering stim effect and does not increase euphoria (others do claim up to 250mg gives an astronomic euphoria, but I feel the initial stim phase would be excessively intense at such a level, and the VAST majority of expert users will tell you over 200 is a total waste)

Generally redosing is suggested AGAINST, but its typically believed that ONE redose within 1hr&15min of first dose of anywhere from 1/3 to 1.0 original dose may extend the euphoria. Wait any longer, or try a 2nd redose and you just get side effects, no extra euphoria.

Sorry it didnt work well for you but you did not follow the most standard set of suggestions, which should have been pretty easy to find.

Hope you have enough left to try again, properly this time. Let us know what happens.

(Please do not say "flushed the rest down the toilet" or I will have no other choice than to track you down and slap your face!!! ;) )

Apologies.

Being a sub-normal newbie, I've posted this in the wrong thread.

I took Methoxetamine, not Methylone !! I'll re post in the correct thread.

Thanks for the advice anyway DwayneHoover. It's not gone entirely to waste as I've noted your comments regarding insufflation.

You're welcome... thanks for posting the correction... I just knew by that description that it could not have been Methylone.

IV administration (50-100mg) of this drug produces some interesting effects--a warm euphoric push (not too pushy!) that builds in the chest coupled with your beloved eye wiggles and calm stimulation.

Assuming you have relatively clean product I highly recommend it.

wait... mirtzapine isn't an SSRI, though....

and thanks for sharing magick, maybe it would be worth a try, anyway.

Remeron is an SNRI. Which should really dampen your methylone experience. bkMDMA has alot stronger actions at norepinephrine and dopamine sites than mdma, where mdma is predominately seratonin.
Ive had pure methylone and if u dont feel like you are rolling your balls off hard core then you probably got a bad batch. Trust me you will enjoy your day if you have better "bath salts" in your "tub".
sp0r

Mirtazapine is a TeCA

Exactly.

Tetracyclic antidepressant.

Mirtazapine is an antagonist/inverse agonist at the following receptors:[71][72]

* 5-HT2A receptor (Ki = 69 nM)
* 5-HT2B receptor (Ki = ? (~20-fold lower than for 5-HT2A/2C))[73]
* 5-HT2C receptor (Ki = 39 nM)
* 5-HT3 receptor (Ki = ? (similar to 5-HT2A/2C))[74]
* 5-HT7 receptor (Ki = 265 nM)

* α1-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 608 nM)
* α2A-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 20 nM)
* α2C-adrenergic receptor (Ki = 18 nM)
* H1 receptor (Ki = 1.6 nM)
* mACh receptors (Ki = 794 nM)

As well as an inhibitor of the following transporters:

* Norepinephrine transporter (Ki = 4,600 nM)

*snip*

All affinities listed were assayed using human materials except those for α1-adrenergic and mACh which are for rat tissues, due to human values being unavailable.[71][72] Though not known to have ever been screened, mirtazapine may act on the 5-HT6 and α2B-adrenergic receptors as well. Notably, mianserin (which is 6-desazamirtazapine) has been shown to have high affinity for 5-HT6 and does not produce cAMP accumulation (indicating it is an antagonist).[75]

*snip*

More recent findings suggest that mirtazapine also possesses a second antidepressant property, which is likely to be just as important as its actions at the α2-adrenergic receptor in mitigating depression, mirtazapine's secondary antidepressant properties are likely to be mediated by its blockade of serotonin receptors, notably 5-HT2C.[81][82][83][83] The 5-HT2C receptor normally works to inhibit the release of the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine in various parts of the brain, notably in the pleasure centers such as the ventral tegmental area (VTA).[84][85] By blocking it, mirtazapine disinhibits dopamine and norepinephrine activity in these areas, causing a pronounced antidepressant and anxiolytic response.[86] Indeed, the novel antidepressant agomelatine acts primarily as a 5-HT2C receptor antagonist and has antidepressant efficacy at least comparable to that of the SSRIs and SNRIs.[87][88]

Laymen's terms - it has a WILD receptor profile... Its got actions of both SSRIs and TCAs... Plus some of its own.

Fascinating

I'm amazed by the wide range of reactions to methylone. Here's my take on it given a fairly large amount of experimentation. As a point of disclosure, I'm a huge fan. My drugs of choice these days are mdma (when you can find it) and cocaine. It's possible that methylone will replace mdma in this list mainly because of availability.

For me methylone is incredibly situational. It feels like completely different drugs when I'm home alone listening to music vs when I'm at a rave. At home, I can chill on the couch and get really intensely introspective. At a rave with lots of bass (I'm not sure why this makes any difference) it's more like a roll. Last one I was at I was incredibly extroverted and having text conversations with 3 or 4 people while I was wandering around talking to strangers while I was waiting for my friends to show up. In most situations, it feels more like a really mild hippieflip than a straight up roll.

I agree with many of the previous posters that orally is the way to go. My preferred method is on an empty stomach. Dosing on a full stomach will lengthen the amount of time for the initial come up from 15 minutes to more like 45. It also affects the level of euphoria pretty significantly. It did snort it once early on but it fucked up my sinuses for something like a week so I started mixing it in water (200mg/400mL). This works pretty well but there's still a fairly strong chemical taste/aftertaste. Eventually, I just got a bunch of empty gelcaps and that's my delivery method of choice right now.

I started with fairly conservative dosages based on erowid. For me, the break point is at 200mg. Below that dose is ok but not really worth it. 200 is a pretty good time. 300 is balls out. I always redose at 1h15 (or as close as I can get). For a good while I was dosing at 300/200 but when I started around 9pm I could never get to sleep before 7am. Between 1am & 7am was mostly speedy. Now I'm mostly dosing in the 200/100 range because the peak is almost as good and I don't have to deal with 6 hours of speediness.

Redosing extends the peak to about 3.5-4 hours. Redosing much after 1h30min is a waste of time for me. All you get is speediness with no extended euphoria. I've never had the urge to redose. If you do, it seems like it would be simple enough to leave your stash at home and carry only what you need for the evening.

Except for not having any sleep on heavy doses, I've never had any real after effects compared to MDMA. One of the things I really like about methylone is that you don't spend the next 2 days feeling like your brain has been kicked around inside your head.

Hope this helps somebody who's thinking about trying it out.

Good points. You are right about the wide range of reactions. I think 300 is too high, probably difficult for some. 200 is about as strong as the euphoria gets for most, and youre right more just seems to extend the speedy after effects. Though with anything this strong, new users really ought to start low, including an extremely low allergy-check, then if they feel OK on say 120--150, give 175-200 a try to see if they get an additional level of effects there (though I find 200 like almost twice as punchy as 175, so be careful).

Last edited:
I had some lovely eye wiggles after redosing methylone for about 3 hours last night. An amazing afterglow today as well, sun shining, catching good vibes off everyone, feelings of complete serenity. I swear this stuff gets better and better each time I take it.

Redosing methylone ftw <3

I'm curious about plugging it next time - any experiences? How do dosage & duration compare to oral dosing? If it's much shorter lasting I might not bother; the way I see it methylone's one and only flaw is its duration

Ok I get my methylone in a capsule with 250mg methylone and 50mg dmaa. Someone said this is a dangerous combination and I would like to know why he said this. I have done the exact same pills over and over again and it is pure bliss every time. The only shitty thing is the comedown. Its so hard not to redose because of the shitty feelings you have to go through if you dose early in the day. But i would like to know why its a dangerous combination? If anything it seems like a good combination because I see alot of people complain that methylone isnt strong enough, when I roll my fucking balls off from these tabs. To me it feels like eating a tripple stacked mdma pill without the huge empathetic feelings. And Ive been doing pills since 98 when they were mostly mdma. And yes I had them tested at the raves I went to where dance safe had a booth set up most times. They did tiny marquis reagent tests on a small chip off your pill.
I like my methylone :D
Right now I am comming down and it does suck tho. I really want to take another but I know itll just make it harder. I probably will end up taking another one tho because I cant imagine myself sitting here comming down until night time.
Fuck
sp0r

That's a high dose of Methylone even on its own and especially combined with a DMAA booster. A few times I did 85mg DMAA and then 120mg Methylone after the dmaa kicked in (I would do it like that, NOT together, for max effectiveness), and the combo seemed to boost the Methylone up to what I normally felt at 180. However a third time a few weeks later didnt seem nearly as good, so go figure.

Seriously I would not do that much M1 even by itself. Youve used it before, and dmaa, right?

Ya thats the only way I get it, together in a capsule mixed, 250mg methylone 50mg dmaa.
However I am on my re-dose and experiencing heavy akathisia. How the fuck do I escape this horrible feeling.

Shouldn't have re-dosed that huge an amount... please folks, figure these things out BEFORE you dose... and smack the person who is selling these two together in a cap like like across the face... warn others in the community where he is selling them (but try to be discrete about it, you dont want him coming after you in revenge).

The only thing I can suggest is some benzo of some kind if you have any (xanax, valium), phenibut (a sort of legal research chem that act same as benzos if you have any), not sure about diphenhydramine/benedryl type sleeping pills as they might accentuate effects... smoke some weed? Beer... the combination of Hops and alcohol might help things calm down somewhat. Anyone got any other ideas?

I would take some antioxidants and vitamins... multivit, vitamin 6, b-complex, vitamin C (3000mg or so, seriously...has been shown to reduce or block oxidative damage from stims).. eat a little something... warm milk or tryptophan (or 5-htp) might make you sleepy by increasing serotonin... neither of those drugs release much serotonin so that should be safe I think.

You're absolutely right. I thought I had made it clearer in my original post that I started at a relatively low dose (75mg) and worked my way up in 25mg increments. Reading back over, it seems I skimmed over that part.

ANYTIME you are trying a new drug, particularly one with as little history as methylone, you should ease into it to see how you are going to react. I should have also noted that I have a pretty high tolerance for drugs compared to most people. At 300, when I start to peak I really can't move around much for about the first 15 minutes. It's possible that somebody with a lower tolerance might have real problems. Sorry for not making that clearer too.

The reader's digest version of this post is: take care of yourself, kids. The idea is to have a good time, not kill yourself. Don't take new (to you) drugs based on what some guy you've never met said on the internet.

Thanks for calling me out on it Dwayne.

well i may be in agreeance with the fact that it is a bad mix. Because this is the 54th hour being awake after redosing on methylone 250mg + dmaa 50 mg capsules 5 times. Everytime i started comming down, the akathisia and dysphoria got exponentially worse so I had no other choice but do redose. I dont reccomend this at all. People warned me and I didnt listen because the comedown was worse than most drugs, and right now im paying the price: VERY strong angina, dysphoria on a scale from 1-10 i would say 10+, and the type of akathisia you may compare to a methadone/benzo withdrawal mixed with crack comedown. Its my 30th birthday its possible i will die tonight. My body is giving me all of the warnings. This is after eating several clonazepam and 11mg alprazolam, 1800 mg gabapentin, 4 beers, 4 diphenhydramine 25 mg caps, and 4 bongs of Nuggets. I am battling this methylone with every thing I have an I am just afraid after my years of hard drug dose, that it is indeed possible that tonight I might be losing the fight. If that does happen people, please promise me you will learn from this, and dont take such rediculous doses 5 times over 2 days. The angina is crippling me by the way. If anyone can help at all on suggestions, please txt this number (its not me but someone who will forward the txt to me) [email protected] through email. Thanks for your help, and please dont call any authorities. Ill handle that on my own. Thank you :)
sp0r

Im re reading all of your warnings, and I am quite embarressed that I did not listen to your warnings. I am way smarter than that. I think I just was a pussy about the fact that I couldnt handle the inner restlessness and dysphoria. I tell you i paced around my house from 2am last night until 8am this morning till i took my 5th dose. I am so suprised IM still alive. And after that arsenal of meds I took to calm down, I still fill horrible. And in addition to those meds I forgot to mention I have been shooting buprenorphine all day to try to get over this. I have od'd on heroin before, blacked out on dxm and alcohol and woke up in a strangers apartment without shoes on, did so much soma and xanax together that I was arrested for sleeping on the rim of a major highway, and IV'd so much K that I woke up catheterized . And out of all of those misadventures, I have never been this afraid.
sp0r

STOP. Just stop taking stuff! Your system needs a rest. Drink water and fruit juice (in REASONABLE amounts, dont OD on them too.) 4 25mg diphenhydramine was probably too much.... sorry I mentioned those at all, even though I did say for biochemical reasons they are probably NOT a good idea... why did you ignore that part, then do the exact OPPOSITE and deliberately OD on them too? I'd say your mind is gone at this point. Stop trying to "fix" things and "figure out what else to take." Clearly your thinking is so fucked up at this point that will NOT work!! Just rest, try to get nutrition, containing antioxidants and protein (whey powder used by bodybuilders is great for bodily recovery. easy to drink, easy to absorb... just be SURE it is NOT one of the ones including a stimulant.) Actually if the dysphoria is horrible as it is wearing off, it is possible that a NORMAL amount of like one or two cups of coffee may help support your system a little by replacing the loss if the stims your body has by now become heavily dependent on, as things adjust and rebalance.

Bad continuous angina = go to Emergency Room right away I think.

I find it hard to believe that after 5 redoses of what is already an overdose and all that other shit you are not worse off, though possibly some of the calmants helped.

You have only yourself to blame for being up so long, duffus. What the hell were you expecting? Why didn't you just take a few ibuprophen (NOT TYLENOL... VERY TOXIC TO LIVER!) be a man, sit out the discomfort or take some downers THEN instead of more uppers?

I dont get how "the comedown was so horrible you were forced to take more." Dude that is total BS... you were not forced, you consciously chose to do that. Others take a lesson... if a comedown is rough JUST WAIT IT OUT!!! If the original drug made you feel this bad, doesnt it seem EXTREMELY stupid to take a bunch MORE of it? DUH!!!

I am almost having a hard time believing all this... how could anyone be so foolish? Seems impossible. Is this just a made-up troll to get us dorky bluelighters to react? Well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

hahaha forced to choose between going to sleep finally or taking more drugs...hahahaha

been there! hahah

just call out of work or whatever and get rest!

the need to redose on stuff only lasts as long as your awake. so just go to bed.

and if yer chest is hurting, seriously dude, take an aspirin and stop. I take 325 mg aspirin every time I take methylone or mephedrone myself (I'm a big dude tho 81 mg is prob what would be recommended to most)...it will help, but if it's bad, always know yourself best and listen to yourself for real, if it's serious then go to the e.r...just saying that out loud there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.