• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Allylescaline Thread

Erm...what do you mean it's not? It's got methoxy groups at the 3 and 5 positions on the ring. I also can't find the clause that says "anything in PiHKAL not covered by the preceding vague and ridiculous terms is also illegal", or any explicit reference to the book whatsoever. The clause that bans everything in PiHKAL is the one I quoted above, which covers all the drugs in PiHKAL (including this one, because it is "structurally derived from phenethylamine... by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substituents").

I had thought you meant only methoxy, and being that I don't precisely recall the language of the bill I assumed you were right. The bit about PiHKAL is kind of famous, but Google isn't helping me right now. I seem to recall the UK government sent Shulgin a copy of the law.

Thiomescaline is not covered by the bit you quoted, but it is banned in the UK (if methylthio is considered "univalent"), along with all of the other active compounds in PiHKAL, to the best of my knowledge.

http://isomerdesign.com/Cdsa/scheduleUK.php?schedule=1&section=40&structure=U&structure=C

crucially, all phenethylamines in PiHKAL not explicitly listed in paragraph 1(ba) above

in fact, the 2C-G series, the HOx series, the BOx series, FLEA and MDOH are all not covered by the phenethylamine clause without this clarificaiton.

Last edited:
thio means replacing the hydrogens on the benzene ring with sulpur atoms and the phenethylamine act is the clause which catches all chemicals in PHIKAL, others have to be specifically stated. Thiophenethylamines and allylphenethylamines would be legal I beleive as long as there are no alkyl subtitutes.

4-allyloxy-3,5-meththiophenethylamine could be interesting

Last edited:
I had thought you meant only methoxy, and being that I don't precisely recall the language of the bill I assumed you were right.
Luckily, I already posted it in ITT.
crucially, all phenethylamines in PiHKAL not explicitly listed in paragraph 1(ba) above
That is not an additional clause, it is a clarification which states exactly what I have already said, that in addition to all the compounds explicitly named in the act, there are many others, including all the PiHKAL drugs, that are covered by this clause (which I am not going to post for a third time):
any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for the time being specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine anN-alkylphenethylamine,a-methylphenethylamine, anN-alkyl-a-methylphenethylamine,a-ethylphenethylamine, or anN-alkyl-a-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substituents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substituents.

in fact, the 2C-G series, the HOx series, the BOx series, FLEA and MDOH are all not covered by the phenethylamine clause without this clarificaiton.
EDIT: All the 2Cs are derived from phenethylamine with methoxy groups on the ring, and so are covered by that paragraph. The HOxs and BOxs are explicitly named in part 1(b). FLEA and MDOH don't seem to be covered though, you're right...

Last edited:
Ill only get a sample of allylescaline then. Ill be sure to post a report once I taste it.

Has anyone here tried allylescaline yet?

4-allyloxy-3,5-meththiophenethylamine could be interesting

Probably not, but I bet 4-allylthio-3,5-dimethoxyPEA would be. Stick an alpha-methyl on too and it would probably be more potent than 2C-E.

Thiomescaline is not covered by the bit you quoted, but it is banned in the UK (if methylthio is considered "univalent"), along with all of the other active compounds in PiHKAL, to the best of my knowledge.

I don't see how the sulfur of the methylthio group is univalent. But if it is somehow, maybe the sulfoxide would also be active, and that's definitely not univalent!

I doubt there is much difference TBH, it's slightly more potent than AL sounds.

This is an annotation by that site and is not included in the MDA. Yerg was right, the compounds in PiHKAL are covered by the substituted phenethylamine clause.

Shame, about the legality. 3C-AL sounds quite nice, I saw somewhere someone posted it was indistinguishable from mescaline.

I'll be getting some allylescaline soon, and when I do, you will all be the first to hear about it !!!

The PiHKAL synthesis of allylescaline seems somehow wrong. He reduces the nitrostyrene with LAH, somehow doing this without affecting the allyl group. What?

LAH doesn't hit alkenes. LAH generally needs some kind of free oxygen in proximity to the group to be reduced to work. The nitro has two oxygens, which aluminum loves to coordinate as the bonds get reduced. Ketones and aldehydes are obvious substrates for LAH.

If he was doing a hydrogen with Pd/C reduction, on the other hand, there would be a bit of a problem. ;)

Allylescaline

I've just recently become interested in this compound. I can't find much on it, other than what's written in Pihkal. Does anyone here have experience with it? The Pihkal notes have me intrigued, especially the part which describes easy socializing and ease of free association. It would seem to be an incredibly rare compound, possibly incredibly valuable.

Well valuable.... wouldn't the same hold true for proscaline? And I unexpectedly came across that at some point (twice now actually) and it was not priced like an impossibly rare collectors item per se.
Yes this does seem interesting as may be cycloproscaline and isobuscaline, is there no existing thread on this? Well I suppose not.
What is needed I guess is a custom synth, decided by one or more people at some point. But we probably shouldn't discuss the exact dynamics of those things.

I didn't mean valuable as it pertains to money but rather as it might be of benefit to ones mode of life, philosophy, general level of happiness :D A rare experience.. I re read what I had posted and it definitely seemed like I was talking about money though.. Not what I had intended, I'm just really into taking psychedelics. Shulgins descriptions always do get my mouth dripping wet however. Fucking love phenethylamines.

I don't know anything about it but its interesting too. I want to learn ore about that compound too.

@Quasimodo: Oh! well it's certainly possible, but as a general rule I have my doubts about RCs or analogues of classic psychedelics really trumping their 'parent' compound. The past has proven that most of the time, analogues focus a little more on this or that and may have some potential for having more side-effects... but actually trumping their parent? Rarely if ever. If you have lots of mescaline at your disposal I would probably not care one way or the other because it's pretty perfect. Maybe it could be more visual but that's about it. And of course the potency is so damn low, but that's why I said: if you have enough...

A lot of tryptamines are gems like 4-HO-MET, and they can be valuable on their own for sure but to trump 4-HO-DMT... I don't know, I think I'm quite satisfied! I know you never said trump, you just said allylescaline may be valuable, and perhaps it is... Who knows if it were more available it could reach a popularity status like 4-AcO-DMT has. I guess you're right, its totally possible. :) I never meant to dismiss your suggestion in any way, I am just thinking out loud!!

Taking the alkylated 2C-X compounds as an example, proscaline might shine some light on where you might be headed with allylescaline or buscaline. 2C-iP does not seem like much worth but it has significantly different electronegativity, and the pi-bond in allylescaline makes it more constricted. Anyway proscaline sounds like it still retains some MDMA-likeliness mescaline also has, but more of a body buzz or euphoria and less visuals. I don't know if that trend would be continued.
I should really try my proscaline!!

Yes please do try proscaline and share with us your findings :) I've been reading so much lately, I've also got myself a boner for 3c-p and 3c-al. My thirst for exotic psychedelic experiences is unsatiable. I just hope these aren't too rare to remain outside of my grasp forever!