• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

I've got my hands on some of this stuff again, 10 mg pellets. How good is 5-meo-mipt as a party drug? Outdoors with music and dancing kind of party, to be exact. I am thinking about taking 5 mg to get a nice euphoric background without getting overpowered by a ”full” dose.
IMO 5-meo-mipt could be a great party drug, but mostly when you really know the substance. I could hit 7mg without tolerance and have a very light trip with some empathogenic fun and super enhanced feelings, that could be great, but in my opinion moxy has it's own "light" and shines when over 10mg but that would be too much for someone who doesn't know the substance enough.

The more you increase the dose the more psychedelic it turns and over 10mg you could end up having very introspective moments and even thought loops (but for me that happens more often when over 15-20mg, and not always). I think it's better to start low till you really know what you're doing,
some people reports moxy to be quite fucked up when it becomes dark which normally doesn't happen but... if it does it can be quite gloomy and loopy (I've seen it in friends). Always on the 2nd phase.

I've got my hands on some of this stuff again, 10 mg pellets. How good is 5-meo-mipt as a party drug? Outdoors with music and dancing kind of party, to be exact. I am thinking about taking 5 mg to get a nice euphoric background without getting overpowered by a ”full” dose.
How did that go? Any stories?

Did it feel like an entacogen at all?

IMO 5-meo-mipt could be a great party drug, but mostly when you really know the substance.
Yeah, that's why I'm careful. It was a real hit and miss the first times I tried it (posted here, got 8mg capsules) - ranged from a complete extasy for a few hours to tremors, shakes and feeling bloated for an hour then nothing. Not sure it's worth the risk honestly, maybe I should just smoke some weed instead.
How did that go? Any stories?

Did it feel like an entacogen at all?
I haven't gone to the party yet. My previous tests were at home alone, so I don't know much about empathogenic qualities. It did feel really euphoric and stoning. I called it a "stoned AF & horny MDMA" for myself, that pretty much describes the good experiences with lower doses. I didn't go higher because the supply was limited (still is, I lucked out with this opportunity). There was a pronounced leg muscles tension, comparable to a high dose 2c-b or mescaline. I did try one 10 mg pellet from the new batch, but I did it after a 4-aco-met trip. Didn't feel much of anything except tension in muscles and insomnia. Not the best idea but these pellets are like candy, really hard to resist!

to tremors, shakes and feeling bloated for an hour then nothing.
I have an hypothesis about that, seems that some intermediate metabolite could be wrecking something, I've felt the bloating feeling, and the tremors and shakes, but I like those (the tremors) they feel kinda euphoric in a way, and it's typical of some tryptamines, even sometime with shrooms.
The bloating could be because digestive trouble, alkalinizing the stomach with some bicarbonate of soda should work.

I would shoot for 3mg. Once you are in the zone, maybe you will want to add another 3mgs. That´s better than start taking all 6 or 10 and feel you have overdosed. It´s all quiite individual, but as you learn it, better to ramp slow than to OD

Once you have more experience and knows the compound inside out you will adjust perfectly the dose.

All in all, in social situations less is more

I find the dose response curve quite steep on this one ...
7 mg is a solid experience for me. Rolly with some visuals/colour enhancement
10mg and the body load begins to become uncomfortable for my liking, with only minor increases to the visuals
>10 mg (Ive taken up to 16) can be enjoyable but oddly only with a few beers to take the edge off the body load. Visuals are more pronounced and with the booze I actually get a very euphoric body buzz and rolly social experience.

IMO 5-meo-mipt could be a great party drug, but mostly when you really know the substance. I could hit 7mg without tolerance and have a very light trip with some empathogenic fun and super enhanced feelings, that could be great, but in my opinion moxy has it's own "light" and shines when over 10mg but that would be too much for someone who doesn't know the substance enough.

The more you increase the dose the more psychedelic it turns and over 10mg you could end up having very introspective moments and even thought loops (but for me that happens more often when over 15-20mg, and not always).
There's a steep incline—from mild stimulation to strong psychedelic effects—that occurs from 11 – 25 mg. One can be deep in psychedelic waters quickly. Its effects on the CNS are pronounced, but listen, all this caution, while necessary of course, should not scare anyone away from using it. I would suggest taking a light dose both for your first time and for times where you expect to be in public or at, say, a house party. For me, I don't take any more than 15 mg in general if I'm trying to function with others on any level, be it from having sex—for which this drug is excellent—to just literally Netflix & chill, etc. Well not literally literally, but you know what I mean.

I think it's better to start low till you really know what you're doing,
Hear, hear, that's good advice.

some people reports moxy to be quite fucked up when it becomes dark which normally doesn't happen but... if it does it can be quite gloomy and loopy (I've seen it in friends). Always on the 2nd phase.
Whoa, objection – that's leading the witness. Any psychedelic can get gloomy; it's nothing unique to Moxy.

I find the dose response curve quite steep on this one ...
Same. Have you ever tried 5-MeO-DiPT (aka "Foxy Methoxy")? It's good, too.

All in all, in social situations less is more
True. A less safe approach would be to pre-game it with a benzo… takes the edge right off of it, but it can wreak havoc on one's short-term memory, too, temporarily anyway, and sorta defeats the point of taking the drug to begin with… still, sometimes I'm the kinda a-hole who likes to take three gel tabs of acid with a hit of Ambien just to let the two drugs fight it out in my body while watching the NBA conference finals ✌️:)

Last edited:
@unodelacosa I thought any benzo ended anybody's trip , from a LSD one, typtamine family of substances or even phenylamine class of drugs?

Good to hear it causes sex to be better.

Once I got into etizoalm occasional psychedelic experiences I had were significantly less beneficial. Even if I would use so much I would trip really hard, to the point it felt like life-changing, it wasn’t at all… It ruins benefits psychedelics can give in a way worse way than opiods do. There are a lot of other ways to get yourself prepared for psychedelic experience than benzos. Doing everything to get be in right set & setting by all other means is better than relying on benzos. Idea of benzos with psychedelics is as bad as opiods for MDMA comedown, sooner or latter you’ll figure out it wasn’t a good idea to do that.

Yep, benzos should be the absolute last line of defense in a crisis situation as it blunts all the pearls and deepness that the trip would have to offer

In an axiety situation, better go for a beer/wine and cope with it. Or have a walk and cope with it. Look that here the key is "to cope". If you just do the benzo easy exit you just learn the inverse that you should

So there's a steep incline from mild effects to strong psychedelic effects that occurs from like 11 to 25 mg, and one can be deep in psychedelic waters pretty easily with this one. It's effects on the nervous system are pronounced, but listen, all this caution, while necessary of course, should not scare anyone away from using it. I would suggest taking a light dose both for your first time and for times where you expect to be in public or at, say, a house party. For me, I don't take any more than 15 mg in general if I'm trying to function with others on any level, be it from having sex—for which this drug is excellent—or just watching a movie with someone and having a conversation about it afterward, etc.

Hear, hear, that's good advice.

Whoa whoa, let's not go leading the witness. Any psychedelic can get gloomy; it's nothing unique to Moxy.

Same. Have you ever tried 5-MeO-DiPT (aka "Foxy Methoxy")? It's good, too.

True. A less safe approach would be to pre-game it with a benzo… takes the edge right off of it, but it can wreak havoc on one's short-term memory, too, temporarily anyway, and sorta defeats the point of taking the drug to begin with… still, sometimes I'm the kinda a-hole who likes to take three gel tabs of acid with a hit of Ambien just the watch the two drugs duke it out in my body. It's like the NBA conference finals…
Man, I really agree with your words,
but perhaps I should add some details about what I mean with dark, and gloomy about 5-meo-mipt
I've never see a psychotic episode on any psychedelic (well perhaps LSD) except for high dose 5-meo-mipt.
That doesn't mean AT ALL that moxy would create a psychotic episode, but there's some proven toxicity of moxy (there's a paper about it but with rats) and I've felt something "wrong" in my body more than once, specially when over 20. In those moments there's some alien feeling of detachment, it can last from 10 minutes to an hour, and I've had some OCD moments during those times of weird feelings, like cleaning like crazy something that was completely clean, obsessed with an expression (for example: dirty mind). Typical thought loop, isn't it?
My hypothesis is that some psychs could create some corporal or neurochemical disbalances that can be felt during the trip, due to the super enhanced propioception an awareness than psychs create, so that could end up in "living psychologically" what's going on your body, in some kind of reversed psychosomatism.

I know that it sounds a bit strange, but... something like that could happen. In the case of 5-meo-mipt I never expected to see a psychotic episode because I thought it was mostly harmless as a psychodelic but high dose can be quite strong and it has some strange "detachment" to it that most psychs don't have, some people have called moxy a "dissociative psychodelic" probably because of those particular moments of detachment during high doses. That detachment along with thought loops can create in those inclined to them (people with mental issues) the conditions for a psychotic break to happen, I guess that it releases some repressed subconscious movements and they (those mentally ill) cannot even see them coming in a conscious way, because of the mental detachment.

Just to add some perspective.
I take between 1,5-7mg. Havent gone above that, because i didnt feel the need.

Well, in the end I ended up getting an X pill at the party instead. Lol.. took the full dose of 10 mg 5-meo-mipt at home a couple days afterwards. Great stuff. Super physical, minimum visauls but with an extreme body rush and relentless horniness. Just as expected. I listened to music and it was indeed stimulating at first and made me "dance" a bit, but later the stoning effect became overpowering and moving became too hard.

Does anyone know why this substance has not been carried by most of Canadian vendors during last 4 years? Even in Europe I only see 5-MeO-MiPT available in a pill form. Along with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET, it used to be the most commonly stocked tryptamine. I know that there a pharmaceutical company that is trying to commercialize it as medication, but I doubt that their effort has contributed to its sparsity in RC market.

I would imagine they all had a common supplier and that supplier is no longer able to make it due to legal reasons or something similar.

I would imagine they all had a common supplier and that supplier is no longer able to make it due to legal reasons or something similar.
Yeah I think this is probably on the right track. Could be chemical availability, or the desire to stay in a “gray area,” so to speak, as a mitigating factor against legal risk.

Does anyone know why this substance has not been carried by most of Canadian vendors during last 4 years?
Moxy tends to cycle on the market, probs depending on the whimsy of the manufacturer, but sometimes, yes, based on changing legislation, or at times it could be based on the availability of certain precursors. Strategy-wise, it makes figuring out what to legislate against difficult for regulators and DA’s offices, whereas saturating a market with only one, or a few, particular tryptamines almost guarantees it will be called out and made illegal.

I know that there a pharmaceutical company that is trying to commercialize it as medication, but I doubt that their effort has contributed to its sparsity in RC market.
Yeah I doubt it, too. Prolly nothing to do with Canada, per se, as well; much more likely a response to US and/or Chinese regulations if not the arbitrary whims of the producer, but I’m just speculating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, benzos should be the absolute last line of defense in a crisis situation as it blunts all the pearls and deepness that the trip would have to offer
I disagree w/you here, respectfully of course. Let me clarify that I’m not talking about taking so much of a benzo that it becomes the primary psychoactive. And also you should consider that some people naturally have more anxiety than others. Not everyone’s experience will be like yours, or like mine, or whomever’s, &c..

Also, it’s an exaggeration to say “[a benzo] blunts all the pearls and deepness that the trip would have to offer”. That’s not always true, though I somewhat agree with your overall notion here. Personally, I enjoy ~1 mg etizolam at the end of any trip for peaceful sleep. Moreover, even if it were true that benzos blunt psychedelics, in a crisis state, that doesn’t matter. Panic sucks. Badly. I don’t take psychedelics to torture myself and suffer. I leave that masochism for others.

To your point though, I do advise people try going without it if they can. Difficult spells work themselves out given enough time and space. And there can be some amnesia sometimes with certain benzos, especially in higher doses.

In an axiety situation, better go for a beer/wine and cope with it.
That doesn’t make any sense with what your previous point was. Consider: benzodiazepines and ethyl alcohol are both GABA-ergics. And you want to talk about “blunting pearls and deepness” … in your opinion, alcohol doesn’t do this, too?

If you just do the benzo easy exit you just learn the inverse that you should
“should”? Says who? And when you say “you”, who do you mean? Careful not to project.

In my humble opinion, there’s nothing wrong with using an escape hatch, especially if the situation calls for it. I was tripping with a friend once when he got a call from the ER about his father being involved in an automobile accident. Thankfully we bowed out of that trip with a couple spritzes of clonazolam-in-PG solution, and my friend took an Uber to the hospital to be there for his family.

His dad had several fractures and a hospital stay but eventually recovered and got paid through a settlement for the suffering. Incidentally, that same clonazolam-in-PG solution helped my friend’s dad overcome a bit of latent PTSD he was having after the accident.

Last edited:
I disagree w/you here, respectfully of course. Let me clarify that I’m not talking about taking so much of a benzo that it becomes the primary psychoactive. And also you should consider that some people naturally have more anxiety than others. Not everyone’s experience will be like yours, or like mine, or whomever’s, &c..

Also, it’s an exaggeration to say “[a benzo] blunts all the pearls and deepness that the trip would have to offer”. That’s not always true, though I somewhat agree with your overall notion here. Personally, I enjoy ~1 mg etizolam at the end of any trip for peaceful sleep. Moreover, even if it were true that benzos blunt psychedelics, in a crisis state, that doesn’t matter. Panic sucks. Badly. I don’t take psychedelics to torture myself and suffer. I leave that masochism for others.

To your point though, I do advise people try going without it if they can. Difficult spells work themselves out given enough time and space. And there can be some amnesia sometimes with certain benzos, especially in higher doses.

That doesn’t make any sense with what your previous point was. Consider: benzodiazepines and ethyl alcohol are both GABA-ergics. And you want to talk about “blunting pearls and deepness” … in your opinion, alcohol doesn’t do this, too?

“should”? Says who? And when you say “you”, who do you mean? Careful not to project.

In my humble opinion, there’s nothing wrong with using an escape hatch, especially if the situation calls for it. I was tripping with a friend once when he got a call from the ER about his father being involved in an automobile accident. Thankfully we bowed out of that trip with a couple spritzes of clonazolam-in-PG solution, and my friend took an Uber to the hospital to be there for his family.

His dad had several fractures and a hospital stay but eventually recovered and got paid through a settlement for the suffering. Incidentally, that same clonazolam-in-PG solution helped my friend’s dad overcome a bit of latent PTSD he was having after the accident.
Pretty agree in mostly everything you say. To me that are nice examples of crisis situations, like a panic attack or a car accident

Regarding taking one beer/vine to curb anxiogenesis, I would say a beer is like 10 times less powerful than a benzo, at least. In fact most people can´t even feel one beer, but most all non tolerant user will get massive effects with an valium

I also agree on taking one benzo to help sleep on the end of the trip, but to me, taking it at the beggining is just wasteful. Im here talking from 15-20 years of taking psychedelics. YMMV, of course

Finally I get the impression that benzos are nasty drugs that are better taken just in crisis situations and getting used to it just brings brain erosion and nastyness, which are more or less the opposite of psychedelics, which are like soul/spirit nurturing chemicals, but again, I understand that this is a pretty subjective POV and YMMV

Pretty agree in mostly everything you say.
Yeah I think we mostly agree, too. :)

I would say a beer is like 10 times less powerful than a benzo, at least. In fact most people can´t even feel one beer, but most all non tolerant user will get massive effects with an valium
I so rarely drink, that I can be buzzed from just one beer especially on an empty stomach. I’m of average height and build, I just have no tolerance to booze like I did in my 20s. Regardless, drinking a beer will not take me out of a heavy trip the same way a benzo does, and beer is not nearly as anxiolytic.

taking one benzo […] at the beggining is just wasteful.
Yeah, perhaps you’re right. But I’m not talking about taking the benzo at the same exact time as the LSD. If you take, say, etizolam, which has a ~4-hr. window of action, and on hour 2 or 3 you drop acid, the LSD still works and comes on while the Etiz rolls off. See what I mean? But no, the trip will not be as intense as it would be if you started out w/o the etiz; you’re correct there. Some people wouldn’t take the psychedelic otherwise, though, so it’s a compromise suitable for some people. And it encourages subsequent trips w/o the benzo in the future.

Im here talking from 15-20 years of taking psychedelics. YMMV, of course
I’m not trying to one-up you here or anything, but I had my first acid trip over 27 years ago, and I’ve taken copious amounts of a wide variety of psychedelic drugs, dissociates, research chems, designer drugs, kitchen chemistry compounds, and even some phenethylamines I produced myself many years ago, beyond the statute of limitations, in a clandestine lab. I’m not just talkin’ out my ass, I promise you.

Finally I get the impression that benzos are nasty drugs that are better taken just in crisis situations and getting used to it just brings brain erosion and nastyness, which are more or less the opposite of psychedelics, which are like soul/spirit nurturing chemicals, but again, I understand that this is a pretty subjective POV and YMMV
Well yeah so you have some very specific ideas in your head that you associate benzodiazepines to, evidently. Thinking they are “nasty drugs” that bring “brain erosion and nastyness” is a very subjective opinion, not to mention quite British. I don’t think of them as nasty one bit, but then, I don’t abuse this class of drugs. I’m sure one’s opinion on them might change markedly should one have had, shall we say, less-then optimal experiences on them? It’s certainly worth noting that in higher doses, benzos become inebriating, strongly disinhibiting, and inductive of compulsivity in many people. They can cause anterograde amnesia temporarily during its effects, and when coupled all together, these effects can produce embarrassing, sometimes disastrous, results.

However, with some caution, forethought, and self-discipline, all of this can be avoided. How easy this is for the user depends on their level of self-control and how they generally do with compulsive habits. The ability to control this is partially genetic, but only partially. It does not mean it can’t be overcome, nor that it’s a guarantee to never afflict a person. Suffice to say, not every drug is for everybody. Know thyself, and accept one’s limits with one’s strengths. But discover them for yourself and don’t take anyone’s word for what’s what, my own words included.

EDIT: I wanted to say I think of benzos as lovely warm blankets of mind-fuzz and musculoskeletal relaxation. They’re calming and enveloping, peaceful and tranquil. They’re also hypnotic, sedative, somnolent, and amnesic. But when taken infrequently and in lose doses, they are magically delicious, and they help induce appetite, which can be very beneficial and useful in certain situations. I never take them frequently, and in this manner I avoid tolerance, which equates to also avoiding dependence. Etizolam especially has a much lower rate of accumulation in the nucleus accumbens, which makes it a lower risk for tolerance and dependency than other drugs in its class owing to etizolam being a thienotriazolodiazepine, technically.

Last edited:
sometimes I'm the kinda a-hole who likes to take three gel tabs of acid with a hit of Ambien just to let the two drugs fight it out in my body while watching the NBA conference finals ✌️:)
Interesting. I use to take a blotter and watch NFL games while noodling on a guitar with special effects. Like plan for it. Never added ambien. Weed yes. I really dig how different we all are. Ambien, acid and NBA. Totally cool.
EDIT: I wanted to say I think of benzos as lovely warm blankets of mind-fuzz and musculoskeletal relaxation. They’re calming and enveloping, peaceful and tranquil. They’re also hypnotic, sedative, somnolent, and amnesic. But when taken infrequently and in lose doses, they are magically delicious, and they help induce appetite, which can be very beneficial and useful in certain situations.
That is a good way to look at a drug. It does help to think positively on what we do (unless it is kicking our ass). I go back and forth, not good for the brain, but extra sleep is when someone needs it. So occasional use works for me too. One thing I would never say though (and you did not really say Uno just using this space to bring it up) is that benzos give me peace. Peace is a state of mind. I guess sleep can be peaceful. But I read a post once where the poster was saying benzos give total peace. lol (being sort of a wise ass here so just spouting stuff). One time I took some etizolam for peace and got groggy, cranky and yes hungry. Honestly I went through a period years ago where I would take 1 mg of etizolam before we ate a big chinese food dinner. Slopping it in the mouth was almost as good as using cannabis just before food. Also I notice when I do take a benzo at the tail end of a trip as soon as it hits I can stuff my face with food. For me I like having all gabapentinoids or benzos out of my system for at least a week.

I never tried 5-MEO-MIPT. But when/if it comes my way I will as it is on the shorter end of the time spectrum. The only long trips I will take these days is acid and cactus. When it comes to the 2 day trips of like say DOC I have to live with reading reports.