View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like smoking this stuff, it gives a very short, colorful and very confusing trip, the peak is less than 5 minutes and in just 30 minutes I'm completely sober again.
The most I've smoked is 50 mg but still no break trough experience :X
not even close..

Last edited:
^
I wish you good luck, let is us know how it went.

I bought a new kind of glass pipe today. Looks a bit like a dmt or crack pipe, I hope this one works better.:\
And I still have to work on my smoking skills.

I'm to scared to inject myself.:!

Last edited:
Also, is the consensus that smoking is the only reliable ROA? I hate that burning plastic taste of tryps :s

I find the taste not that bad with this chem. I hardly have any troubles keeping the smoke inside for awhile.

Taste it, Trip it, <3 it!

Last edited:
i know that it is not advisable but i plan on smoking a dose of 5-MeO-DALT on 150mg of moclobemide, obviously i will start very slowly with less than 10mg.

is the varying potency of different trypts and PEAs solely based on their varying resistance to MAO? i know these molecules have some intrinsic potency measured by their binding affinity (which does not take into account MAO resistance i assume?) but its amazing how drugs like Mescaline can easily produce a +++ at less than 50mg if MAO is fully inhibited.

so...is it possible that 5-MeO-DALT has a low intrinsic potency separate from MAO attack, and MAOIs would do little to potentiate it? i assume thats not the case, just thinking out loud...

I'm not going to post a trip report, I already did at 18mg exactly a week ago. Not really my cup of tea, trip reports that is.

Anyway, coming off of 45mgs, I'm finding that people have been underdosing orally. It's really just starting to get interesting. At about an hour and a half I was thinking shit this stuff just doesn't quite get there.

Well, I was going to have some fun damn it, so I smoke a couple cones and put the Cream Live at the Albert Hall DVD on the big 42" flat panel and crank up the surround sound. Well, I start dancing and get into it, got some air quitar and face going, yea this is ..... next thing I know my minds flying off into some major mental inventory stuff.. thinking in detail about my divorce, ex-wife and things that I normally keep stuffed down, otherwise when they come up I start balling and want to grab for a drink. I was able to think about those things clearly without all the emotional flood blinding my thoughts.

I sort of snapped out of that, and realized how nice it was to have been able to go to those places in my mental inventory without throwing me into a depression. And damn, I got Jack Bruce singing his heart out (we're goin wrong!!!!) and I feel just fucking wonderful.

Feels like .... dexedrine/ritalin euphoria wrapped in an MDA body buzz (for a good 2 hours).

And for you 5-meo=gut problem generalizers, I thought about nausea for about 30 seconds at one point. No comparison to what 2ce does to my gastro system.

Me likeeeeeee:D<3:D

ive been thinking a lot about the allyl group and what it does exactly, 5-meo-dalt has almost the exact same weight as 5-meo-dpt, its just four hydrogen atoms lighter. i wonder why there is a five fold decrease in potency?

im really excited to try this one...

It may not look like much but even that difference could mean the world in terms of polarity and steric hindrance. Not to mention the fact that the allyl groups have pi bonds which would be more important than the molecular weight.
I may weigh exactly the same as the next monkey that comes along but you don't see anyone wondering why I solve a math problem more than 5 times as fast...

I feel that 5-Meo-DALT is underrated. Maybe it just doesn't work for some people, but it was pretty intense for me at 20mgs. It was definitely a nice contrast to the 2c-e I'd been doing as it didn't go on for another ten hours. Am looking forward to continued experiments with this substance.

Anyway, coming off of 45mgs, I'm finding that people have been underdosing orally. It's really just starting to get interesting.

And what have I been saying all along? This one's like 2C-C - hardly anybody has even had a peak experience on it yet. They're underdosing by a factor of 3x to 8x.

This one's like 2C-C - hardly anybody has even had a peak experience on it yet.

2c-c is a tricky one.

ive had 40mg give me not much of a trip and other times 35mg has blown me away.

I once had two doses of this stuff, but threw it out the next day along with other things out of paranoia. The man who had traded them to me for some Syrian rue at a big festival, told me it was sort of mushroomic when taken orally, but not so visual.

My paranoia was wise but had I kept my stash, I would have had those two, plus a good handfull of other novel tryptamines. All for 20 grams of incense.

hoping to obtain some of this compound soon as it looks interesting (and being legal here helps!). Have read this thread and it's been a little quiet lately, wondering if anyone's still dabbling with it.

Whilst I will try it on its own first, I'm particularly interested in it's interaction with other substances, perhaps methylone and definitley nitrous! A fave of mine on psych's. Also, as some people seem a little underwhelmed with it, maybe a dose of Piracetam beforehand could make things more interesting? :D I know perhaps not always advisable (with psychedelics) but it could be just the ticket lol

I found nothing spectacular from it on 50mg oral, so I've got about ~2g's of this stuff laying around. I did watch a sunset with my eyes closed, that's when intense fractal CEV's became apparent, but even that was a little bland. Seems like a 'tofu drug' that would go well with pretty much anything. I hear 2C-C is an example of a phenethylamine with similar qualities.

However, from reports, I hear smoking 5-MeO-DALT in any way or form produces much more profound effects. I've also heard its melting point was so low which would then make freebasing irrelevant. I've also heard from numerous sources it's as potent and active as DMT when vaporized, even smoked on a bowl on material in a bong! Is there anyway for freebasing or proper vaporizing of this substance? I'm pretty sure it's in HCl salt form. I was thinking of doing a simple acid-base extraction, but do you think the chemical itself will degrade or cleave its bonds? Do indoles attach to non-polar solvents? Back to my chem books.

<This is only an experiment. I do not intend to consume final products! The reagents being using are not food or laboratory grade.>

EDIT:

- Bleh, I'm bored, so dissolved 100mg of 5-MeO-DALT HCl into 20mL of 10% w/v ammonium hydroxide solution. Stirring...

- It's actually dissolving quite well and turning foggy, but has some inconsistencies... probably needed more base solvent, but not enough room in vessel and am doing this in a rush. A mild temperature increase did the trick.

- Added a rough ratio of non-polar solvent now (light/med aliphatic petroleum naptha, washed several times before use), nearly filling vessel up to 25ml and inverting.

- White sludge precipitating in non-polar solvent layer. Gathered sludge which appears to be solvent-saturated crystals. Allowing to dry on tinfoil.

- Ended up with about 5mg of extra product than expected. Probably some leftover solvent in there meaning it's not completely dry, plus it has an unusual putty/oily consistency rather than a powder, though I don't smell any resides... Compound does not appear to have degraded either.

Will attempt to wash several times after solvent totally evaporates. Yield appears to be around pretty close to 100% assume I didn't pick up any nasty stuff. To be continued... I agree, I should have used NaOH as base and dH2O for a direct non-equilibrium reaction. I probably have a mix of HCl salt and freebase in there, unfortunately. I do not have easy access to DCM either. Let me finish my assay and we'll compare results.

Last edited:
Interesting. I might try this myself as the vaped route has been talked up so much. What solvent did you use?

I'd probably use an NaOH and water solution. Then extract with dcm.

have tried DALT a few time in recent months

first time at around 15mg got a serious buzz almost instantly, acid like but without visuals.
up instantly and back down in about 2 hours. interesting and fun.
but havent been able to get a buzz off it since then.
havent touched it in months and just took over 30mg and absolutely nothing. quiet strange.

maybe there is an long tolerance to DALT or prehaps a cross tolerance with other substances i may or may not have been consuming more regularly???

have tried DALT a few time in recent months

first time at around 15mg got a serious buzz almost instantly, acid like but without visuals.
up instantly and back down in about 2 hours. interesting and fun.
but havent been able to get a buzz off it since then.
havent touched it in months and just took over 30mg and absolutely nothing. quiet strange.

maybe there is an long tolerance to DALT or prehaps a cross tolerance with other substances i may or may not have been consuming more regularly???
are you talking about DALT or 5-MeO-DALT? if the latter is the case (which would make sense since this thread is about it), please also write 5-MeO-DALT. abbreviations are used because they are short and non-redundant.

After hearing a few stories of successful usage from the vape'd method, I think if i were to do 5-MeO-DALT again, id vape it.

The experience I had from 50mg Orally was actually really nice (which was a total surprise as i wasnt expecting much after reading so many stories of "it didnt do much of anything"), im definitely with psyGOA on this, 5-MeO-DALT is very much so the 2C-C of the tryptamine world. I assume that with the success of my trip (via oral ROA) using it the vape'd method it would probably be extremely nice.

I'm very curious as to see how your experiment ends up psyGOA, please keep us all posted.

Results:

Yielded approximately 80% of initial solute mass -- 80mg. After washing with dH2O and filtering, final product amount of about 75mg remained, meaning the ammonia was not alkaline enough, and did not cleave all the HCl. Anyways, final product assumed to be near pure 5-MeO-DALT freebase.

Vaped 15mg (didn't consume though), which melted and vaped very cleanly. Smell was faint, but was not particularly pleasant... burning plastic. Wish I had equipment to measure BP and MP.

Meh, anyways, I got 60mg left to play with. I'll let you know what my guinea-pig thinks at the appropriate time.

Status
Not open for further replies.