View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I wouldn't jump straight from 22 mg to more than double that - aim for somewhere in between first.
Well, I have only 150 mg left. I would like to try it again(with my girlfriend) and get full effects.Strong trip would be great:)
There were almost no side effects at this dose, and people often do more than 50 mg, so IMO 45 mg is a safe dose.
It is very promising compound for me, and it is a bit disappointing that I ordered just 200 mg. If it would be good at higher doses, then I definetely will order 1 gram. And I am wondering, what is usual appearance of 5-MeO-DALT? My sample is very sticky powder, so it is hard to deal with.

Well, I have only 150 mg left. I would like to try it again(with my girlfriend) and get full effects.Strong trip would be great:)
There were almost no side effects at this dose, and people often do more than 50 mg, so IMO 45 mg is a safe dose.
Right, I've done up to 55 mg at once myself, but everyone reacts differently. 45 mg could very well be totally safe for you, but I'm just saying that it would probably be better to ease into it a bit, in case you experience any side effects. Some people report nausea, and there is apparently a lot of fake or impure 5-meo-dalt going around.

It is very promising compound for me, and it is a bit disappointing that I ordered just 200 mg. If it would be good at higher doses, then I definetely will order 1 gram. And I am wondering, what is usual appearance of 5-MeO-DALT? My sample is very sticky powder, so it is hard to deal with.
Strange, mine is an off-white or very light beige powder, prone to a little bit of clumping but not really sticky at all. It's supposedly freebase, though.

Last edited:
I got a gram of this stuff yesterday. The powder is white, clumpy, "sparkly", and on close inspection breaks down into short "needles." There was a small pocket of yellow discoloration in the bag.

I took ~15 mg and noticed effects similar to amphetamine but with a body load associated with psychedelics. I took another ~23 mg 1.5 hours after the initial dose. about an hour and a half later i was feeling real good, stroking my cat was amazing and the fur moving on her back looked really really cool. An hour after that i was back to baseline. No comedown or hangover to speak of. The body load was a bit much for the effects at this dose. Beer and cannabis were consumed before during and after.

So far I would say that 'the mdma of tryptamines' isnt a bad description as it was more of a feeling/touch experience than a visual/mind-expanding thing...

might try ~35 mg with a couple friends who havent tried it before ...I think I'll recommend ~30 mg for them?

I got a gram of this stuff yesterday. The powder is white, clumpy, "sparkly", and on close inspection breaks down into short "needles." There was a small pocket of yellow discoloration in the bag.

My sample looks very similar to this and has a similar dose/effects profile at the levels you mentioned (though I usually dose from 50mg-80mg). I wonder if this is the batch that is actually flephedrone. What's the taste like? Extremely bitter/tangy in a burning plastic kind of way?

^ The described effects are similar to my experience. Though I never tried amphetamines, I agree that effects can be compared to other stimulants(but still different anyway). 3-FMC comes close, lol.
I have both 3-FMC and 5-MeO-DALT HCl, so if your version is supposed to be HCl too, I could provide some potentially useful info about taste. :)

Strange, mine is an off-white or very light beige powder, prone to a little bit of clumping but not really sticky at all. It's supposedly freebase, though.
According to the vendor, mine is HCl and it is white. Also, I am glad that I got it not from the UK vendor, which I would avoid now.

Right, I've done up to 55 mg at once myself, but everyone reacts differently. 45 mg could very well be totally safe for you, but I'm just saying that it would probably be better to ease into it a bit, in case you experience any side effects. Some people report nausea, and there is apparently a lot of fake or impure 5-meo-dalt going around.
Well, I was a little nauseated. But generally nausea isn't something I couldn't handle. Sometimes I vomit, but again this is not a big problem. Well, maybe I will follow your advice, it is always better not to incease dose very much. And if I had at least 300 mg or 5-MeO-DALT wasn't so short-acting, I would do ~35 mg.

Also, few more words about my yesterday trial. Today I felt really good, it was a nice afterglow, and I noticed(and "processed") a lot more things around me than usual! Very happy feeling.

I agree that effects can be compared to other stimulants(but still different anyway). 3-FMC comes close, lol.
I have both 3-FMC and 5-MeO-DALT HCl, so if your version is supposed to be HCl too, I could provide some potentially useful info about taste. :)

a description of any objective differences between the two would be great because i am also not sure what I have coz i've never tried a cathinone....

also, @penpal, do you find that adding DMAA makes a particularly big difference in your experience?

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on this chart (attached).
I made it based on my experiences of dosing 5-MeO-DALT by drinking it compared to my most recent experience taking it in a capsule. I didn't expect the lines to be so different. I found the capsule method to cause more nausea - related to the 2nd come-up. My friends both experienced unpleasant nausea as well this way.

However, drinking it I get no nausea at all. Also there's a very long after-glow associated with the capsule method, while drinking it leaves me feeling surprisingly normal after a few hours. This is all from the same batch of powder. Is this all just typical of the difference between drinking something and taking a capsule?

I've always thought this stuff would be great socially, but only if it was more predictable.

Attachments

• 5-meo-dalt_dosing-compariso.png
    5-meo-dalt_dosing-compariso.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 351
^^
I'm not really qualified to answer but I suspect that any drug you take in the 10s of milligrams would be absorbed more evenly and more rapidly by the body when in solution rather than in a clump in a capsule...that might not explain the "afterglow," however.

According to the vendor, mine is HCl and it is white. Also, I am glad that I got it not from the UK vendor, which I would avoid now.

hi
may i ask you why you woult avoid this UK vendor? does this vendor provide kratom and salvia too? if yes, i ordered some 5-meo-dalt at this shop few days ago...

is ist a good idea to make a solution, or does it loose its potency? what solvent would you recommend me?

sorry for the bad english:)

^ Hi! Just because they had plenty of cathinones before(and after) ban. So it is possible that their 5-MeO-DALT can be cut with cathinones. It is pure speculation, and we have no other data to prove it besides erowid article(you can find it on previous page). Also erowid article mentiones USA vendor, and not UK.

I live outside UK and EU. There are 5-MeO-DALT vendors ouside UK and EU, and I think I have better chances of getting real stuff from them.
Oh, hopefully, we don't violate the rules. And I hope this helps.

Anyway, please report back about 5-MeO-DALT quality and your experience with this substance.:) Not sure about other members, but personally I would like to hear your report:)

is ist a good idea to make a solution, or does it loose its potency? what solvent would you recommend me
Well, if you have scales, you can make solution of small part of powder, so you won't lose large amout of this chemical. I can't coment specifically on 5-MeO-DALT solution and stability, but generally 5-MeO-T's are stable in water. Also, usually people here recommend to add some alcohol(at least ~17%) to prevent bacteria growth, and keep solution from the light.

Nice chart, I liked it:)

I tried 5-MeO-DALT in capsule containing 22 mg, and noticed no second come-up, experience was very smooth, and it lasted around ~2.5 hours and , then nice afterglow followed. I felt this afterglow even at T+24:00.

Am I right, that all your trials with solution was done alone, and capsule trial was done with friends? If yes, then differences between curves can be explained by changes in set and setting. Set & setting play major role in the experience. For example, I had completely different experiences(in terms of come-up, bodyload, nausea and also trip duration & timing) with 2C-I and 2C-E. They are chemicals of different class, but I would extrapolate this to 5-MeO-DALT anyway.

If you do further investigation of such strange difference, please report back with your results:)

Am I right, that all your trials with solution was done alone, and capsule trial was done with friends? If yes, then differences between curves can be explained by changes in set and setting. Set & setting play major role in the experience. For example, I had completely different experiences(in terms of come-up, bodyload, nausea and also trip duration & timing) with 2C-I and 2C-E. They are chemicals of different class, but I would extrapolate this to 5-MeO-DALT anyway.

Yes, the solution trips were solo, but come to think of it, there are some other variables I'm leaving out. To be more specific, let me list the 4 separate trips I've had with 5-MeO-DALT.

1. 40mg taken in a solution. Solo trip. Represented by the RED line in my graph.
2. 35mg taken in a capsule, WITH 35mg of 2C-C taken in a solution. The curve of this one also had a long duration (7 hours), followed by a long afterglow. Solo trip.
3. 40mg taken in a solution. Solo trip. Represented by the RED line in my graph.
4. 50mg taken in a capsule. Group trip. Represented by the BLUE line in my graph.

Certainly not the best set of cases for figuring this out. Variables galore. I first attributed the long duration/afterglow of trip #2 to be a result of the combination aspect, but trip #4 makes me think it was related to the capsule.

Another interesting thing about trip #4 - shortly before the 2nd comeup, we all ate a pear (on otherwise empty stomachs). I've never heard of pear juice acting as a MAOI though, and it wouldn't be my first time eating fruit while tripping on 5-MeO-DALT.

For the science aspect of it, I'm thinking I might take 40mg of 5-MeO-DALT in a capsule, solo, and see how it goes. Best to rule out the 40mg/50mg discrepancy. Will report back in a week or so, once I find time for this :D

thanks a lot, allium. your post really helped me.:)
i´ll report my experiences here as soon as i have tried it. i hope i can test it within the next 10 days.

I made it based on my experiences of dosing 5-MeO-DALT by drinking it compared to my most recent experience taking it in a capsule. I didn't expect the lines to be so different. I found the capsule method to cause more nausea - related to the 2nd come-up. My friends both experienced unpleasant nausea as well this way.

However, drinking it I get no nausea at all. Also there's a very long after-glow associated with the capsule method, while drinking it leaves me feeling surprisingly normal after a few hours. This is all from the same batch of powder. Is this all just typical of the difference between drinking something and taking a capsule?

I've always thought this stuff would be great socially, but only if it was more predictable.

That's a nice graph! the only thing that I find surprising is the time before the effects became apparent. When I have dabbed 5-MeO-DALT or taken it in solution I have come up very quickly, first alerts after 15 minutes and then fully up in 30 to 45 minutes. In a capsule I have had the same rushy come up but delayed by the time (I guess) it takes the capsule to dissolve. The only time that I ever experienced nausea was when I combined it with alcohol and a joint, and that was just a whitey that passed after 10 minutes. I find it OK socially at around 30mg if you are with a few others who are on the same level and at 15 to 20mg I can fly solo without any discomfort.

I've always just dumped the powder right into my mouth and washed it down with something. It doesn't taste good, but it's not awful compared to other things. My experiences generally look a lot more like the red line in that graph, with a gradual come-up that starts quickly. No nausea or anything, which is great because nausea tends to be a deal-breaker for me.

I had a chance to do some more testing today :)
(There was a chance of the storm in FL knocking out power, so I figured I might as well find something to do in case the lights go out)

This time it was 50mg semi-dissolved in water. It's more of a mixture really. It doesn't taste terrible at first, but it's the residue left on your tongue AFTER drinking which really sucks. Breathing air tastes nasty until mouth enzymes do their thing to get rid of it.

8:10pm - Drank it
8:20 - First alerts
8:25 - Feeling altered now
8:45 - Reached the plateau around this point
10:38 - Comedown has started by now
11:38 - Basically back to baseline

So now that I have taken it at 50mg both ways, I can make a fairer comparison. There was no nausea to speak of. Stimulating, but in a good way. Otherwise, no bodyload. I'll admit, the nausea previously could have been due in part to uneasy feelings in a different setting, but I'm pretty confident it was somewhat due to the capsule method.

I also found myself feeling rather social this time. Talked to a few friends online. Early on in the trip, I couldn't help but dance and move around. I could agree to calling it the MDMA of tryptamines.

Lesson learned: Drink it!
Smooth comeup, and short enough for a weekday trip.

^ I took it in capsule, and noticed some slight nausea.
I will take it in solution in the coming days and report back:)

Also, regarding tastes of 3-FMC and 5-MeO-DALT - I didn't find any significant difference between them. They both tasted bitter, and different. But I can't tell how to dinstinguish them. Also, regarding objective differences between cathinones and 5-MeO-DALT, heart rate can be used for dinstinguishing. After taking a stimulant, I clearly feel that my heart speeds up. I didn't feel similar effect on 5-MeO-DALT(though this is not really objective, I didn't measured it).

Last edited:
Just to add to the list of different effects people seem to get from this substance: 65mg, in a capsule, had me very nauseous, lying on the floor and unable to get away from the toilet for a good 30 minutes. (Didn't end up throwing up though.)

After that, things were nice, but very mild: A (minor) tryptamine visual distortion, and a psychedelic mindset. To make things feel good though, I needed pot. Still a very mild, but nice psychedelic place. Enabled some creativity. Mostly down in under 2 hours.

Seems like a bad payoff for me in terms of comeup vs trip. For what it's worth, I got my stuff a while ago from a vendor that no longer sells mg amounts. Maybe I'll test it.

Last edited:
Just to add to the list of different effects people seem to get from this substance: 65mg, in a capsule, had me very nauseous, lying on the floor and unable to get away from the toilet for a good 30 minutes.

After that, things were nice, but very mild: A (minor) tryptamine visual distortion, and a psychedelic mindset. To make things feel good though, I needed pot. Still a very mild, but nice psychedelic place. Enabled some creativity. Mostly down in under 2 hours.

Seems like a bad payoff for me in terms of comeup vs trip. For what it's worth, I got my stuff a while ago from a vendor that on longer sells mg amounts. Maybe I'll test it.

Try drinking it if you do it again. :)

This is actually the only RC I've ever taken in a capsule. Now I'm kinda hesitant to take anything else that way for fear of rough come-ups.
(Even though methylone tastes sooooo baaaaad)

^ I always use Cola, or fruit juice, or tea or something else to hide bad taste. Even 250 ml of water with dissolved chemical don't taste so bad usually.

does anybody know if this shows up in drug tests ? or how long it will be out of your system ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.