View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it cut. it's the fumarate version is very fluffy white powder. this came from a very long established vendor in the US
and he has turned down actually a couple batches of chemicals do to impurities so I seriously doubt that it's come up with anythingI'm thinking that might have had something to do with the doc that I also took that night that I took the ecstasy. I guess I'll give it a whirl tonight and see how it works out. most research chemicals I get are usually a crystalline salt. but the size of the particles in it are way too small for it'd be even seen by the eye. almost the same consistency of chalk powder. but I think it might have been an issue of cross tolerant with the doc and the fact that I hadn't taken ecstasy in over 7 months and I think that I just totally blew all of the endorphins in my brain

Just throwing ideas out there anyways. It is generally unusual for cross tolerance to last so long on that level, but possible I guess. I wonder to what extent the serotonin level in the brain affects the psychedelic experience...mdma depletes serotonin to some extent, so perhaps that affected the second 4-ho-mipt experience? Have been looking around for a bit for information to that effect, and only came up with an anecdotal report regarding preloading with 5-htp for a couple days prior to a mushroom experience increasing visuals at lower doses, but this is hardly proof of anything. I could imagine that abnormally high or low levels of serotonin to have some sort of effect on the psychedelic experience, but in what way is hard to say. Anyways, best of luck to you on your next test, hope you have a wonderful experience :)

Interestingly, I have found the effects of 4-ho-mipt to be somewhat unpredictable at times, especially in terms of duration and come-up time. Once, I took about 20mg and it took 4 hours to start kicking in, got really visual after about 15 minutes, then only lasted about an hour after the plateu. I attribute this to having put it in a capsule along with stomach contents at the time, however, the duration was kind of odd. Usually this one for me lasts 3-4 hours for me once I get first alerts, which usually occur within 20 minutes. On an empty stomach in a closed capsule, I have had it take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes to start feeling anything from it. One time it came on so fast and hard that I was rather disoriented and got motion sickness to the point of purge (but usually I get some level of nausia on the come-up of any 4-sub tryps anyways...very much like motion sickness). It seems like higher doses take less time to kick in, but it may be due to other factors as well, especially when in a closed capsule. Anymore I use the capsule to weigh doses, but generally open it up before swallowing to remove that variable from the time scale. Still some variability to come-up time, but not quite so wide of a gap on an empty stomach anyways.

Last edited:
It seems as bigazznugz and I are in the same boat. I had my first trial of the fumarate salt and at 17 mgs, I needed a lot of weed to mellow out the bodyload. I had bruxism comparable to80 mgs adderall. Seriously, the worst, most prominent I've ever experienced. Also, I felt I've had more action from 13 mgs 4-aco-met. The only thing I can figure would've affected the experience to be dulled was leaving my dose out for three weeks, in a gel cap.

TL; DNR: substance was active, but not to the accolades that are espoused about it (I know, it's all subjective and YMMV, but 10 mgs of 5-meo-mipt, from the same vendor, was more pleasant overall)

I'm excited to try this one. Could anybody, who's tried the two, tell me how this compares to 5-meo-mipt? in terms of visuals/euphoria?

^Im also looking forward to trying this one. Generally 4-subbed tryptamines tend to be much more visual than their 5-MEO counter parts.

Generally 4-subbed tryptamines tend to be much more visual than their 5-MEO counter parts.

Also, 4-subs tend to have less (if any) bodyload and sometimes require a higher dosage to reach threshold effects vs. 5-meo varieties. I have not personally tried 5-meo-mipt to compare to 4-ho-mipt, so can't say much there.

I read in an erowid trip report someone use the word "lush" to describe the 4-ho-mipt experience, and in my travels that is quite an excellent word for it...for me it is very euphoric (eyes rolling back in my head type euphoria) with decent visual activity (odd mix of organic swirly fractal stuff or more laser cutout looking hard edge stuff depending on what I'm looking at and audio stimuli) and a definite erotic aspect. It is also wavy (one minute you feel practically sober and the next you are tripping face). This wavy effect seems to be common with 4-sub trypts. I personally love the stuff, exept the duration...seems like for me it doesn't last much past 3 hours, aside from some residual stimulation for another hour or two afterwards. I also don't get much in the way of cev's until rediculously high doses, and even then they are nothing to write home about. For some, it seems to last longer and be more visual than it is for me though. "Curse" of the psychedelic hardhead I guess.

Edit: Another odd effect I've noticed with 4-ho-mipt is that sometimes when I try to stare at something to really get into the visual activity the patterns will build for a second, then my eyes twitch an the visuals disappear and rebuild themselves...anyone else notice this sort of thing? I haven't ever really noticed this with the other 4-subs that I have tried so far.

Last edited:
Thinking of boosting an initial 20mg or should I just wait and see
Already ate 4-5 grams of cubs two days ago

Just had a fun and interesting night with 25 mg of this lovely compound. Pretty tired right now but I will hopefully give some details of the experience tomorrow.

The trip was magnificent. An hour before eating the gel cap with 25 mg, I took a ginger root capsule and 1 mg etizolam with a light meal to make things more comfortable. About 30 minutes in I got first alerts; a little bit more awake and slight mood elevation. After that, I'm not sure when I began peaking because the effects came on so easily, likely due to the etizolam and ginger.
During the peak I watched some comedies and enjoyed them a lot, but I was certainly more inwardly oriented mentally. The visuals were incredible, and I found myself focussing on my very plain white wall as it became consumed with life; patterns, textures and colours emerged and flowed perfectly. Around this time I got the idea of trying to film the changes, if any, in pupil dilation that occur when I focussed on these visuals; the idea was that my pupils were certainly reaching peak dilation when the visuals reached their peak. I wasn't able to get the detail on my pupils that I had hoped, but I do have some amusing clips and photos of myself absolutely glowing in the light this chemical was shining on me.
I found the trip dragged on a little long, and had trouble sleeping at around 4 in the morning. Another 1 mg of etizolam was eaten, and 15 mg of 5-MeO-DALT was smoked in a bowl with tobacco and cannabis. The euphoria that resulted was a very calm and pleasant warmth in the legs that creeped up into my body. I laid in bed extremely comfortably, and got to sleep by 5 am.

Edit: Another odd effect I've noticed with 4-ho-mipt is that sometimes when I try to stare at something to really get into the visual activity the patterns will build for a second, then my eyes twitch an the visuals disappear and rebuild themselves...anyone else notice this sort of thing? I haven't ever really noticed this with the other 4-subs that I have tried so far.

This perfectly describes the higher dose activity of LSD for me. If I zone out on something my entire visual field will slowly transform into incredibly perfect yet usually ambiguous shapes but as soon as I concentrate on something else or snap out of it (sometimes very hard when a very high dose), everything goes back to normal for a bit almost as if I'm sober again until I zone out once again.

I've noticed the visual building and abrupt halting on a variety of psychedelics, tryptamines and phenethylamines alike. I must say, it did seem like one of the more prominent features of my experience with 4-HO-MiPT, but that may be due to other factors such as set and setting.

Hi all
Tested in gelatin
capsules of 22 mg fumarate
Inlet manifested
little aggression
present
tremors and chills.
I'm sick of
freeze and
shake and therefore
smoked ab-fubinaca. Tester1 not
keep going.
OP-PA!
All swim
ceased. All
was unusually
clearly, as pictured only
a higher level of detail.
As the brand and fungi not swam.
Perlo quite different.
But remained dissatisfied.
We had a 3:00 rampant
tantrums to tears, from ear to ear,
cheekbones and cheeks hurt so far as
yesterday bellow! Wherever I look at what
do not think - do not hold back the laughter
he
everywhere - as happens with mushrooms.
By the way all tester3
ate the same Table
hour after
us. So we
three hysteria.
Understand that we
"A chur
adequate "Well,
and it seemed.
Everything
understand all
situation even
more than. Were in
plantations, the whole
all trip
podkurivalis
fubinaca - from
each Napas all
beautiful and
beautiful
became, color
sparkled, down
glittered and flew
slowly around.
Difficult words
pick up but if
Briefly then:
Unrestrained
hysterical, Madly
beautiful view
around and
magic. ALL
Was magical!
Outsiders
hallucinations as a
acid there
Rigid and fungi
was not. Just
very very
beautiful. The sunset was
stunning.
Compared it with
"Northern Lights"
or "Polar
Night "in which
have not seen any live
when. But
I remember the picture. Do
testera3 which
initially smoked mix
and then vkinul
Pils hour later
us with his words
observed
kaleidoscopes,
colorful clouds,
patterns and visuals
the entire trip.
Fourth, we Pils
0.3 drowned in beer
and drank for three.
During the trip,
after 4 hours after
first pill.
No changes
noticed.
Before sunset I
looking at the mountain
a small distance.
Polyana - the rise.
On the horizon are two
fishing line and small
between
space. Here
when I'm in between
I looked
it seemed that I like
if I go there -
Spreads and forest
approached and
Glade spun
as jogging
path - feeling
I was going forward
there between this
forest.
Clarity and
specification
Pictures highest
- More than one video
card other than your
the brain is not
pull.
Pills are cool
special action,
probably
unique.
Crazy joy
of total

^ Whoa. I wish I could type like that. Seems like a helluva time.

I need to try me some 4-HO-MiPT...

Me and a friend had a trial of 4-ho-mipt recently on a festival. It is very worthwhile substance.

30 mg fumarate for my friend - everything moving, melting and crawling - extreme OEVs, strong confusion, but positive overtones. Very tactile, very body-orgasmic-energetic, pleasant to feel your own body.

I have very low sensitivity to psychedelics, so I used 60mg and after 1 hours, another 47 mg. Addition was a mistake - while this substance is happy and have positive vibe overall, parts of the trip were pretty scary. But CEVs were absolutely faboluous, synesthisia with sound and IDEAS. Imagine pictures that consist of concepts! I've never seen that before.

Tryptamines give me some dark vibe recently, esp. 4-aco-dmt, and I can say that 4-ho-mipt is much happier, lighter substance.

How much of 4-ho-mipt is equal to 3g mushrooms in terms of potency?
Something around 25-30 mg fumarate.

Probably the most intense psychedelic I have ever taken... the visions seem to be botanical by nature... extremely turbulent and unbelievably real... first experience with meeting the "godhead" but on a level far different then further experiments... The difference in dosing is EXTREMLY important, the difference between a 12mg trip and 15mg dose is astounding... This compound should not be taken lightly and imo should be taken alone, in silence for best results... Any and all outside disturbances are 10X what they would be on any other psychedelic... I felt as if I was a mushroom spore getting blasted into the earth and growing and growing and growing over and over and over again. This was relentless however made sense considering where mipt is extracted... Portal hopping, flying through realms that I never expected to encounter (at points being in what Alex Grey based his many paintings off of, faces on faces on faces that you can pop in and out of with proper training) came at me with full force. The messages seem clear although they are scattered. Use this compound wisely friends, it's no joke... not for the faint of heart.

^ Spot on post. Up to 20mgs makes for a very positive trip with lots of pretty colors and moderate euphoria. Anything above 30mgs is unnerving to say the least. I was once put in a very stressful and potentially dangerous situation while peaking on 40mgs and it was absolutely horrifying, it shocked me into a speechless stupor that lasted over an hour. Lovely stuff when used responsibly

Last edited:
I personally don't think it is ++++ material. You can maby get to plus +++ with 40 50 mgs thats my sweet spot but body load becomes a factor ie. watery eyes, upset stomach and vascular constriction. I have never had any out of body experiences with this at doses up to 200mgs. 4 ho met is better in opinion, but neither add up to the magic of real boomers at any dose

Status
Not open for further replies.