• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

Does anybody know the maximum amount of this substance one person has consumed in a sitting?

I took probably around 60mg at once. My account of the experience can be found earlier in this thread. (Spoiler: it was a bit too much)

Does anybody know the maximum amount of this substance one person has consumed in a sitting?
I took somthing like 90 mg but not in one shot (if i remeber well it was 50mg then 25 mg at T+35 min later then 15 mg At T+70min) and haven't feel anything bad.. the trip was strong and pleasant, and I had auditory distortions for the first time of my life... BUT I must also say that I had some tolerance and that is my first batch of this material, (maybe it is less potent than average batchs? who knows) so I really discourage to take such a dose, I worked my why to those doses very slowly.

After some testing, Ive made it up to 100mg with this myself so far. I find the dose response curve is pretty heavy, but even on doses that would put me out of commision on other substances I notice no real negative side effects with this except an excessively manic comeup. Id love to push this harder, potentially up to 150+ mgs but have safety concerns due to the relatively little info about high doses of this substance

For reference, I find 20 mg a fairly strong trip by itself.

Last edited:
After some testing, Ive made it up to 100mg with this myself so far. I find the dose response curve is pretty heavy, but even on doses that would put me out of commision on other substances I notice no real negative side effects with this except an excessively manic comeup. Id love to push this harder, potentially up to 150+ mgs but have safety concerns due to the relatively little info about high doses of this substanceFor reference, I find 20 mg a fairly strong trip by itself.
Can you please give some details about your trip on 100 mg?

Really? Weird...the lost vial I had I believe was freebase, and 26mg was the max I ever took....that was STRONG. Even 16mg could ++ me.

Wow you guys are lightweights... lucky. :p I need 25mg minimum, and that's a light trip. I prefer 30-35mg. Next time I take it I'll probably take 40mg.

I have a close friend who is a super lightweight, 125ug of ALD-52 is too much for him and he never takes more than a half hit. He'll take like 8mg of a 4-sub-tryptamine, or 60mg of MDMA, or back in the days of methylone, 100mg MAX of methylone (which for me would only begin to produce a high). He'll smoke a tiny crumb of weed, he goes through a gram in like a month, it's crazy. I'm always a bit envious of him.

Well the fumarate salts are really heavy so 25mg of the fumarate and 25mg of the freebase are very different doses.

I'd agree. I've noted psilacetin fumarate is not the same animal as the psilacetin freebase I had all those years ago.

EDIT: This was supposed to quote Koritt asking me about my trip. Not sure how I failed quoting somebody
EDIT 2: Added some more info
EDIT 3: If I do push this substance again, ill write up a proper trip report. Ive invested in a tape recorder to help with note taking

Ill try. I normally take notes but by the thirty minute mark they were incomprehensible, finally gave up an hour in when I realized it was all becoming gibberish. One quote that stands out nicely is "Hedonistic overload". My whole trip had a very hedonistic vibe on it, and most of my pscyhadelic thoughts revolved around the concept in some way or other. After the mania faded and I was fully peaked (hour in, roughly) I decided to try to appreciate the visuals that this substance had gifted me, and I wouldnt even know how to begin to describe them. They were akin to mushrooms in OEV terms, but significantly stronger. Everything was breathing, and warping, and even my hallucinations had significant tracers on them. There were several points where I had full blown open eye hallucinations on top of the optical overload I was otherwise experiencing. In terms of physically, I felt absolutely divine. I felt like a sexual titan, had boundless energy, and the feel of everything was just absolute bliss. Tried working out and I almost had an orgasm just from the stretching and straining of my muscles. Checked my heartrate a handful of times and (unless mistaken due to me tripping) my rate was between 100-120 throughout. The comedown was very smooth, and my ridiculous dose did not extend the trips life past what a 20mg or similar trip would be. And I almost forgot, music. Music was extremely pleasurable, but my senses were all mixing with each other. Not fully, just dipping their toes in. Music in particular would reverbrate through both my visuals, lstening to ride of the valkyries was just absolutely intense.

Sorry for my poor writing, Im really not very eloquent and can not at all capture the sheer intensity of this experience. happened a week or so now and Im feeling so much more confident, and happy with my body even now. Im sure you can see why Id love to push this trip farther.

Last edited:
EDIT: This was supposed to quote Koritt asking me about my trip. Not sure how I failed quoting somebodyEDIT 2: Added some more infoEDIT 3: If I do push this substance again, ill write up a proper trip report. Ive invested in a tape recorder to help with note takingIll try. I normally take notes but by the thirty minute mark they were incomprehensible, finally gave up an hour in when I realized it was all becoming gibberish. One quote that stands out nicely is "Hedonistic overload". My whole trip had a very hedonistic vibe on it, and most of my pscyhadelic thoughts revolved around the concept in some way or other. After the mania faded and I was fully peaked (hour in, roughly) I decided to try to appreciate the visuals that this substance had gifted me, and I wouldnt even know how to begin to describe them. They were akin to mushrooms in OEV terms, but significantly stronger. Everything was breathing, and warping, and even my hallucinations had significant tracers on them. There were several points where I had full blown open eye hallucinations on top of the optical overload I was otherwise experiencing. In terms of physically, I felt absolutely divine. I felt like a sexual titan, had boundless energy, and the feel of everything was just absolute bliss. Tried working out and I almost had an orgasm just from the stretching and straining of my muscles. Checked my heartrate a handful of times and (unless mistaken due to me tripping) my rate was between 100-120 throughout. The comedown was very smooth, and my ridiculous dose did not extend the trips life past what a 20mg or similar trip would be. And I almost forgot, music. Music was extremely pleasurable, but my senses were all mixing with each other. Not fully, just dipping their toes in. Music in particular would reverbrate through both my visuals, lstening to ride of the valkyries was just absolutely intense. Sorry for my poor writing, Im really not very eloquent and can not at all capture the sheer intensity of this experience. happened a week or so now and Im feeling so much more confident, and happy with my body even now. Im sure you can see why Id love to push this trip farther.
Thanks for your report :)last saturday I tried for the first time 64 mg of this material, usuelly I start tripping at home (confortable setting) this time I was outside with some friends, I was not confortable during the come up, and the trip took a veeery dark orientation in the begening... I was with some very old good friends who were rolling on MDMA but suddenly felt very sad and like I was about to cry.. I managed somehow to pass this cause I didn't want to fuck the evening for my friends.. But that feeling of sadness never really left me, he just set in the background.Visuals was really good, and I found that this dose had extended the duration of the trip by more than 1 hour. music felt weird because I had lot of time dilatation and some sound distortion, but dancing felt really good... 9 hours after dosing I dosed 20 mg 5Meo-Mipt: that was bizarre cause the trip last only 2h30 and the feeling of sadness who was in the background become a feeling of scare ! (with no reason).. and i wasn't able to sleep until 7 hours had passed after my second dose.sorry for my english.

That sounds prett unfortunate. Personally I wouldnt have tried pushing doses in a new setting like that, but I'm glad you managed to keep everything together alright.

Ive had some pretty deep moments on this substance, its been at moments brutal in the realizations about myself, or my actions. But theyve usually been fairly brief, and no concious effort has been needed to remove myself from such a mindset

If I enjoyed 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt... is this one very much different?

I loved both of those psychedelics. They were both very much different from mushrooms to me, a lot cleaner feeling on the body and less confusing. 4-aco-dmt was nothing whatsoever like mushrooms... people say they are indistinguishable, not to me! It was like a really clean DMT version of shrooms that was more tingly and stimulating. 4-ho-met, felt like really clean shrooms at a low dose, but at a high dose it became something really crazy... I was so caught up in heroin back then, I'd have to check my journal to see what I wrote about high dose 4-ho-met.
I'm interested in 4-ho-mipt... is there any nausea or body load to it very much? The other two analogues were so damn clean to me... lovely psychedelics I'd totally take again if I wasn't blowing through so much 2CC lately and just crazy about that one lately...

If I enjoyed 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt... is this one very much different?I loved both of those psychedelics. They were both very much different from mushrooms to me, a lot cleaner feeling on the body and less confusing. 4-aco-dmt was nothing whatsoever like mushrooms... people say they are indistinguishable, not to me! It was like a really clean DMT version of shrooms that was more tingly and stimulating. 4-ho-met, felt like really clean shrooms at a low dose, but at a high dose it became something really crazy... I was so caught up in heroin back then, I'd have to check my journal to see what I wrote about high dose 4-ho-met. I'm interested in 4-ho-mipt... is there any nausea or body load to it very much? The other two analogues were so damn clean to me... lovely psychedelics I'd totally take again if I wasn't blowing through so much 2CC lately and just crazy about that one lately...
I never dosed 4ho-met neither 4aco but before ordering my 4ho-mipt I did lot of research in order to choose one to buy from those three... from what I read it seems that 4ho-mipt is somewhere between the other two, with less mind-fuck than 4Aco, but more than 4ho-Met, and also more visual than 4Aco but less than 4ho-Met... It really seems that 4HO-Mipt is something between the two... hope someone here who had tried them all can confirm that...personnaly it dosent give me any nausea, the bodyload is smooth, pleasurable and clean its essentially a stimulation... I think if you liked 4aco and 4ho-MET you will defenetly like this one too.

Really? K, I thought 4-aco-dmt was extremely visual, and 4-ho-met was fucking crazy at high doses (but not very deep), at lower doses was like a couple grams of shrooms but cleaner, more lucid (depending on the shrooms or whatev).

I felt like 4-ho-mipt would be the natural progression after trying 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met... it seems to me like the hardest one to handle? 4-aco-dmt is AMAZING to me, really visual and also profound, it reminds me a lot of a more chemical feeling cross between DMT and shrooms that lasts a lot longer and leaves me with a lovely afterglow. It normally lays me out... it's stimulating, but sedating. I can't really walk around on 4-aco lol. Same with 4-ho-met... really, at least at high doses, but it's easier to function on that one.

Thanks for the info, especially the last sentence. I have been concerned about the body load regarding this one, I thought it was known for confusion, and nausea (I can get VERY confused on shrooms haha... forgetting that I'm human and stuff). A smooth, pleasurable, and clean stimulation is really one thing I love about certain psychedelics like 2CC and 2CD.

It almost seems like this drug might be a more function, stimulating kind of trip compared to 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met. I don't know though... how can I know before trying it? Considering I love all of its analogues, I'm going to have to try it sometime soon (probably once I blow through my couple grams of 2CC).

I'm reading what you said again, and the way you describe it sounds AMAZING and totally not what I would think about it. I thought it would have much more mindfuck than 4-aco-dmt, but that totally makes sense if it is a stimulating psych. I find that 4-aco-dmt is stimulating too, physically, but mentally it just completely lays me out. I normally spend the trip laying down, travelling through the mind. Is 4-ho-mipt more like acid or something like 2CC or 2CD in the sense that there are insane visuals and stuff, but you can still function, walk around, explore the external reality? Because, I can't really do that on higher doses of 4-aco-dmt, or 4-ho-met, and a quarter of shrooms will make me forget that I'm human (I really don't get much out of that... I don't do shrooms anymore).

I have tried all three of 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-mipt, and 4-ho-met. Of the three 4-ho-mipt is indisputably my favourite.

4-aco-dmt is very boring visually for me, things just spin like pinwheels so it's pretty lame. Mentally it's definitely worthwhile but can be intense for less experienced people.

4-ho-met by contrast is completely non-threatening mentally and has some great organic visuals for me. I remember one time in particular I was staring at the sky and all the clouds had turned into baby shapes so they were 'falling' out of the sky. They were in the shape of the baby from the nevermind cover. Definitely neat. I did end up getting some anxiety on that trip but it was mainly socially driven and not necessarily because of the drug.

4-ho-mipt is far more complex visually IME, more geometric and closer to LSD. I've also had the 3D visuals on it - while watching a visualizer the shapes started to fold out of the wall they were being projected onto, very trippy. Goes very well with music, movies, and mxe.

I have tried all 3. I would also say that 4-HO-MiPT is my favorite, but also probably the easiest to handle. I find it to be extremely euphoric, to the point of getting rushes almost like an empathogen. It makes me want to be with people and talk to people about stuff. I usually have a sore face and abs from laughing the next morning if I take some with my friends. I had one of the best trips on my life on it, when I took it with 20mg of MXE on the tail end of a DOC trip. The body high is wonderful.

I find 4-AcO-DMT the potentially deepest, but in a cosmic way. 4-HO-MiPT is deep in an interpersonal/self sort of way, very prone to useful insight. On some trips its very visual for me, and on some it's not.

That's how it is for me anyway.

Sounds right up my alley.

Also, if you rail this one does it have no burn and is kinda chalky so inhale very slowly like 4-aco? I like to rail that stuff haha, makes it come on in like 10 minutes for me, harsh and quick. Then I am laid out, almost like a visionary experience as with DMT but I still have my thought processes going on as opposed to being overwhelmed by the power of DMT and feeling like I am waking up from a crazy dream 15 minutes later (and I like to keep my eyes open on 4-aco-dmt at least half the time... on DMT I will never open my eyes. Don't think I even could until like 5 or 10 minutes into the experience... and then I quickly shut them again LOL.

Last edited:
..... Is 4-ho-mipt more like acid or something like 2CC or 2CD in the sense that there are insane visuals and stuff, but you can still function, walk around, explore the external reality? Because, I can't really do that on higher doses of 4-aco-dmt, or 4-ho-met, and a quarter of shrooms will make me forget that I'm human (I really don't get much out of that... I don't do shrooms anymore).
I find visuals from 4HO-Mipt to be really beautiful, I even had my first time 3D visuals on it (well, it was when I took a very large dose on the peak of a third pill of MDMA while smoking weed) but visuals are differents from those of acid or 2cb (never tried 2cc or 2cd so can't talk for those)...and for me I can really fonction, be social, talk to friends and all the stuff while on it.. it's not the kind of drug that makes me floored... in the same time everyone is different, you are making an idea about this stuff but you have to try it to see by yourself if it is for you or not :)

Since you don't mention mg weights for your "heavy doses" of aco and met, let me just say mipt seems very non threatening up to about 40mg, and after that it will FUCK YOU UP. My accidental-on-purpose high dose of an estimated 55-60mg was the strongest trip I've ever had on any psychedelic (the 3-meo-pcp "hole" trumps it though).

Since you don't mention mg weights for your "heavy doses" of aco and met, let me just say mipt seems very non threatening up to about 40mg, and after that it will FUCK YOU UP. My accidental-on-purpose high dose of an estimated 55-60mg was the strongest trip I've ever had on any psychedelic (the 3-meo-pcp "hole" trumps it though).
really? I dosed several times more than 50mg and I even dosed one day something like 90 mg in less than 45 min (2 doses) (warning: don't try such doses if you are not familiar with this compound, i worked my way to high doses very slowly!) and found 150 µg ald52/or 1plsd/or eth-lad waaay more mindfucky !... everyone is different :)

4-HO-MiPT definitely seems to suddenly flip and become extremely intense beyond a certain point for me as well; if I don't hit that point it will be very manageable and have strong imagination enhancement but otherwise pretty much just have a decent empathogenic headapace, and if I do it will be characterized by feelings of extreme sensory overload such that every physical sensation is either agonizing or nearly produces an orgasm, visual distortions, illusions, and depth perception changes become nearly blinding, and my mind starts spinning off into wild fantasies where I start to think I'm someone else somewhere else living some other life, usually in some sort of sexual situation. I actually find them in some ways readily comparable to the states produced by MDMA and LSD, respectively, just with a unique tryptamine twist on them. 30 mg for me so far produces the former kind of experience, and 35 mg produced the latter, so the margin is thin, though, notably, 50 mg for me, while being even more extremely intense in these ways, and easily competing for a spot in my collection of most intense trips ever, did feel somewhat more like a linear increase from the effects of the 35 mg, unlike how that was completely different from the 30 mg.

With regards to comparisons to other psychedelics, I will say that for me 4-HO-MiPT definitely does not seem to be a "walk around with crazy visuals" type of trip, and I think I would be disappointed if I took it looking for something comparable to 2C-C, which I just recently tried for the first time. I don't really get much in the way of visuals from 4-HO-MiPT personally at doses less than those that produce the strong head trip, and honestly even at that point they're still much more subtle than most tryptamines for me, definitely less active than 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET, though also more artistically appealing in some ways despite the subtlety, and not unlike LSD in that way. Still, while I do enjoy the visuals when they're there, for me it's not the best option as a psychedelic to take with crazy visuals as the goal, and rather think that something like 4-HO-MET is far better suited for that.

I would say that 4-HO-MiPT is probably the second hardest to handle for me of these three tryptamines, with 4-AcO-DMT being the hardest and 4-HO-MET being the easiest. 4-HO-MiPT also seems to have a considerably higher chance of causing significant nausea for me while coming up, but otherwise the body load is the same as the others. Overall, I would say it's my second favorite of these, again following 4-HO-MET and followed by 4-AcO-DMT, the latter mainly because even though it's stronger and smoother it's also less overtly fun and hedonistic in design for me, which works against something being one of my recreational favorites.

Just my two cents. :)