• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - 2nd MiPteration

FWIW, I found 30mg metocin + 30mg miprocin to be a very nice combo. Pretty visual and the mental effects of both together felt very nice. Also seems to prolong the duration by 25% or so.
Of course, I would never ecommend those doses to someone who hasn't experienced the substances at higher doses separately first.

I had a lot of experience with empathogens, more so than delics and I could be wrong, I found miprocin to feel some what like an empathogen, yet I seemed to cry on it every time Ive done it past 15 mgs, and esp when alone, really let it out, which didnt happen ever on the 35 times or so empathogens were done. Maybe a coincidence, I dont know

Can anyone advise a solid but sensible low dosage for a party situation? I've heard that 10mg or so is similar to a gram of shrooms, which would be about the level I'd like to be at. However, I've also seen people claiming to have found only 12mg or so to be powerful. I have a fair amount of experience of lowish dose tripping in public settings, but I'd rather not be blatantly tripping balls in this situation. I've had a few experiences with 4-ho-mipt and found it pretty mild, but it has been a while and I can't remember the dosages I've tried.

If you're going to be dosing in a reliable manner ala relatively empty stomach, not in a gel cap, etc. then 8mg is probably enough.

It's going to depend largely on your own personal metabolic factors. I'd say 8mg is certainly going to be safe, I can't imagine anyone tripping hard from 8mg. It might also be quite underwhelming. But probably best to try it low, and then next time you want it for this sort of situation and you want it to be a little stronger, try raising it up to 10 or 12mg.

Has anyone plugged miprocin? Did it make any difference vs oral dosing?

I've never done it but I can guarantee there will be a huge difference, yes. I would start no higher than 10mg, maybe even 8mg. Plugged that will definitely be a full on trip. Not super strong, but a good starting point.

Yeah plugging most things makes them about twice as potent, or thereabouts. So 8mg plugged is around the same strength as 16mg oral, or maybe a little less. I can only think of a few exceptions, AMT comes to mind, it's about the same strength orally as plugged. But all the 4-sub-tryptamines follow the doubled strength rule.

I haven't really experimented much with plugging tryptamines as I tend to find they come up so fast anyway and it works better with phenylethylamines.

Having said that, I have IMed tryptamines. The reason for mentioning this is that in my experience the strength of ROA goes eat>plug>IM (IV would be next but don't want to go there).

So, 10mg of 4-HO-MIPT IM equates to roughly 25mg oral. Come up is faster as you'd expect. Therefore, I would expect plugging miprocin, based on my experiences with other substances, to be about 2x oral. Come up on IM takes less than 10 minutes for first effects (although this was after peak of an ALD52 trip so difficult to pinpoint exactly), so plugged I'd expect to be seeing first alerts in 10-15 min range.

Yeah I don't ever plug tryptamines either for the same reason. They just work so well orally.

Yeah, IM and rectal admin are fairly similar really, for many things.

Has anyone tried this with codeine? Does anyone have an idea how a lowish dose of 9-10mg 4-ho-mipt would work alongside codeine/opioids in general?

I have some time to myself this evening and fancy a bit of fun. I'd already picked up a pack of cocodamol to do a CWE on when I remembered about my small baggie of 4-ho-mipt sitting in my wallet. I'm not necessarily looking for anything particularly mindbending, rather I'm hoping to add a bit of music/emotional/tactile enhancement, and perhaps even some minor visuals, to a chill euphoric high.

It sounds like a good time to me, but I wanted to check there wouldn't be any issues with the 4-ho-mipt cancelling out the codeine (I can live with the trip being dulled a bit). Does my suggested dosage of around 10mg added on to perhaps around 200-250mg codeine (with fairly considerable opiate tolerance, so this won't be a particularly heavy opiate dose for me)? Any reason this could be a bad idea?

I got some trembling using this one on the come up's @ 30mg and 40mg but smoking a bit of pot took care of it.

Only had two experiences so far, both whilst watching some music films on netflix which facilitated my consciousness to flow in fluid motion with the sights and sounds. I've always been very moved by music but this stuff seems to peak the emotional response to it up quite a bit. When sober music can hold personal meaning to me but on this I get a much deeper emotional response as I journey through my mind and I become part of the narrative of the songs. Was actually watching Neil Young Journeys on one of the trips and was able to sort through some depression ive been dealing with relating to low-self esteem and uncertainty since moving to a new area and starting my life over. I gained a lot of confidence from that trip and was able to see this new slate as a great opportunity and an exciting new chapter in my life, full of opportunity for growth. It made me realize everything is rolling along smoothly :)

I should have written a TR for my second experience while I was watching Get On Up, it felt like I was thrust into that movie while I was watching it. It was a darker trip than the first and I don't even particularly care for James Brown but wow, I sure appreciated him and his story as portrayed by the end of it. Tried watching it again the next day when I came down but it was like a different movie without the fireworks.

I got some trembling using this one on the come up's @ 30mg and 40mg but smoking a bit of pot took care of it.

Only had two experiences so far, both whilst watching some music films on netflix which facilitated my consciousness to flow in fluid motion with the sights and sounds. I've always been very moved by music but this stuff seems to peak the emotional response to it up quite a bit. When sober music can hold personal meaning to me but on this I get a much deeper emotional response as I journey through my mind and I become part of the narrative of the songs. Was actually watching Neil Young Journeys on one of the trips and was able to sort through some depression ive been dealing with relating to low-self esteem and uncertainty since moving to a new area and starting my life over. I gained a lot of confidence from that trip and was able to see this new slate as a great opportunity and an exciting new chapter in my life, full of opportunity for growth. It made me realize everything is rolling along smoothly :)

I should have written a TR for my second experience while I was watching Get On Up, it felt like I was thrust into that movie while I was watching it. It was a darker trip than the first and I don't even particularly care for James Brown but wow, I sure appreciated him and his story as portrayed by the end of it. Tried watching it again the next day when I came down but it was like a different movie without the fireworks.

glad it helped you.

So I got a chance to try this compound last saturday, 20 mg fumarate. At first I was feeling not even placebo, but at the 45 minute mark it hit me like a freight train, I was so high I felt dizzy. Nausea was unbearable at times, but I think that's something that usually happens to me rather than an effect of the drug. It was quite sensual and very visual regarding CEVs. OEVs only breathing and moving, no fractals. If I could spare the nausea it was nice, but the negatives far outweighted the positives. Is there anything that could help me? Ginger didn't do anything, maybe metoclopramide?

(mobile edit) I dosed on empty stomach, and ate a light sandwich when the nausea subsided a little to see if it helped, but it didn't :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get ahold of some ondansetron, it's an anti-nausea medication that is a 5-HT3 antagonist, which means it works particularly well to combat psychedelic nausea because the 5-HT3 receptors in the gut produce nausea and many psychedelic have action at those receptors.

Bummer about the nausea... I've never gotten any from any tryptamine except AMT, Hope you find something that works.

Yeah, it sucks, but at least I'm certain it has to do with 5ht3 agonism because I don't have any even on high doses of amphetamines and dissociatives. I have read of ondansetron an was thinking of get ahold of some, thanks for the advice Xorkoth :)
I still believe I will try miprocin again but at the 10 mg level as an aphrodisiac. I think it shows some promise there.

To me 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT share a few characteristics in body feel, but the 5-MeO is a lot different too, it has a very intense energetic component. 4-HO-MiPT is more warm and glowy, quite pleasurable for me. They're quite different drugs.

It's a 5-MeO thing mostly, seems that they all have an intense energetic/stimulating component. 5-MeO-DiPT is known for having that aspect, and Kaleida recently tried 5-MeO-EiPT and found there to be a strong physical component to that too. 5-MeO-MiPT has this component the least for me, out of 5-MeO-(MiPT/DiPT/AMT).

Yeah I found them quite different as well. Miprocin felt rather sedating.